This is just great news :)

9hjk82.jpg

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Emm, what was that thing with only resistance wire?

R

The Sophia v1 uses coils with NR legs and a ceramic cup. This one the coil is all RES wire

I do have a lot of ceramic cups and NR-R-NR premades (hmmmmmmm)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Same here. Just cancelled my last (slightly neurotic) order. Over 400 pre-mades here should be enough for my Sophia Seniors, if Junior moves in.

It's a dilemma. My Sophia's work perfectly for how I vape. I can recoil them in a snap and I know exactly how they work with my eliquids. How much better can you make them.

More airflow might be good for the heavier vapers but my fairy puffs not so much.

I dunno......after initial excitement...... I think I need to be convinced.

@Billie-cig hopefully you will keep supplies going for the v1 ;)

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
You are right, airflow is something I'll have to consider because it was perfect for me too. So it could be a problem if Mr. Q is all too satisfied with it :p

I might have to setup an adoption service for all the v1's :thumbs:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
You are right, airflow is something I'll have to consider because it was perfect for me too. So it could be a problem if Mr. Q is all too satisfied with it :p
S-v2 is only partially airy than the S-v1. Unless you really want to deliberately go looking for it you might not even notice the difference.

The joy of this model is in it's doing away with the NR joints and the C-cup. And yet maintaining the flavor profile of what the Sophias were all along famed for.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
S-v2 is only partially airy than the S-v1. Unless you really want to deliberately go looking for it you might not even notice the difference.

The joy of this model is in it's doing away with the NR joints and the C-cup. And yet maintaining the flavor profile of what the Sophias were all along famed for.

You know that I am going to get one anyway :thumbs: because.......well just because I trust the design. Until I try it I won't know so I was just out thinking myself :p

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013

In your experience, how easy is it to modify the Sophia for more airflow…? Have you ever done that, or thought about it?

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
In your experience, how easy is it to modify the Sophia for more airflow…? Have you ever done that, or thought about it?

Have you checked to see that the holes are lined up with the screw and that you can see a gap. @qorax explained it best in one of his tips videos. That was a big improvement to my use of them. I also make sure the tank or mod channels are lined up as well.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Oh, normal building then. Thanks.

R
Exactly! I believe it is the first carto-type atomizer that can take a normal setup at 9mm diameter. It has been designed for quite some time now, but due to the Calix's release, the production was delayed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread