Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

6.jpg

Aranjuez​

Jim Hall. Another of the "Greats".

And here, up until a couple of days ago, I thought Chick Correa had written "Spain" in its entirety. Duh. So was this written as an orchestrated piece or primarily as a guitar piece? Or neither?

I gotta buy this album. Beautiful. Primarily melodic with just the right touch of outside notes. I like this one better than your favorite version. I prefer the clean, mid-range-y sound of an electric, I guess.

GranFumador

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2013
Peoples' Bucolic Republic of Maine
Jim Hall. Another of the "Greats".

And here, up until a couple of days ago, I thought Chick Correa had written "Spain" in its entirety. Duh. So was this written as an orchestrated piece or primarily as a guitar piece? Or neither?

I gotta buy this album. Beautiful. Primarily melodic with just the right touch of outside notes. I like this one better than your favorite version. I prefer the clean, mid-range-y sound of an electric, I guess.
Concierto de Aranjuez, composed in '39 by Joaquín Rodrigo as a concerto for classical guitar and orchestra.

Jumpin' In...

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2013
Maui, Hawaii

The entire concierto with Narciso Yepes.

The baritone sax player with Dizz and Arturo is a little known Canadian reeds player,
Al-hajj Sayyd Abdul Al-Khabyyr. He toured with Gillespie in the 1980s.

Was vaping on my TC coil when I started listening to the above. Got a little scared b/c I thought my button got stuck. It was the crackling in the audio, which was apparently digitized from an old vinyl album. Got me out of my after-dinner relaxed state pronto. :w00t:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I've recently been thinking I should at least TRY a Kayfun - as it seems to be the standard against which flavor comparisons are made. (The suckers are so BIG, though...)

How does the airflow on the Kayfun 4 compare to that of the GS-M's?

Is your K4 an original or a clone?

Yeah, you should try one--if only to get it out of your system. :D Yes, they are big. :)

Long story short. My first Kayfun was an EHPro Lite+ V2. I got it to work, the flavor was nice, but the draw was tight and I had all kinds of issues. I was a very inexperienced coil builder at the time and just gave up. And then I was talked into getting a Kayfun 4, Tobeco clone, but my Kayfun-loving friends. I was apprehensive but it was on sale for 10 bucks, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I watched a dozen videos and read the big Kayfun clone thread while waiting for my K4 to arrive--I'm glad I did. The thing is big, over engineered and unnecessarily complicated to set up and operate, but I was well prepared. I got it right on my first try! It was a revelation. I only use the plastic tank configuration because I don't care for the barrel shape and the extra pieces that are needed for the ss setup. It really is a great vape. Once you've figured out how to set it up and refill, you're golden.

The airflow is adjustable (don't get me started--it's the stupidest design on the planet, but you really only need to set it once) and is just perfect for me--comparable to GS Airs, I think, more open than the older Kayfuns.

Here's the thread that you need to bookmark if you want a K4--those guys and gals are world experts and very helpful:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/attack-of-the-kayfun-v4-clones.634516/

The ultimate K4 (original) video:

And one of the Tobeco clone:

Good luck!

Skullman

~ Membered ~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2013
South Sound Lahar Zone

Mr Petro those are some Beautiful Mods! You are Quite Talented! I sure wish I had the talent and knowledge let alone the tools to do so!

I've been experimenting with different TC Twisted and Clapton Coils. Nickle and Ti. I would expect you traveled down that road!?? I wonder if I'm going in the right direction? I've had mixed results/success but when good it's been real good. Have you gone down that road and what kind of success have you had? With all your knowledge is it worth all this experimentation or am I wasting my time? I am having fun doing so but I have wasted a lot Nickle Wire Very Touchy and Fickle! Handle with care!

I've done some work with the iStick but the eVic and these new Pegasus Mods are where I've put most of my time in with the TC Coil builds.

By the way where can I see more info on your mods? They are available to us ECF Members?

Thanks
Skully {:{}

No experience with the iStick, but the eVic is a pretty nice Mod for the price (we paid).
If you got the hang of the eVic then you can handle what I build.......

View attachment 496177

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
morning, skully! mike is out of town this weekend
wink.gif
and unless he's tagged or pm'ed won't be checking a tootle puffer thread! :laugh:
mosey on over to the active co-op threads and post in mike's thread - i'll watch for your post ;) nice people over there too and you might get some answers. as far as i know mike is sticking to ni atm and plain old-fashioned coils :shock:
those guys are all convinced it's the chip that will provide a good vape and they swear by evolv's dna200 tc :?:

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Skully, I have played with clapton/twisted/woven coils some. Yes they are very fickle, and yes you can get a good build, but for "me" the view want worth the climb.

As for my Mods, yeah you better go catch up on my active co-op thread, and maybe even subscribe to the active co-op forum. There will be a window of opportunity VERY soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread