Vaporshark DNA200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirometry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
New Orleans
I've been accidentally locking my VS200 while hitting it, it's happened probably 5, or 6 times to me since Saturday. I still haven't figured out how I'm doing it, because all I do is press the fire button, and take a hit, but for some reason mid draw it locks itself, even though I was just holding the button, and I don't take particularly long draws, 2-3 seconds tops. It is a mystery to me.

My Vaporshark Is doing the same thing. My DIY mod is fine.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Makes sense, but does it need the charge circuit energized to do that?

From KTMRider: "Stopping at 98% will increase your battery life."

So it sounds as if I should take it to 98% and call it good.
For the first few cycles (3-5) I would recommend charging to full to condition the battery.

My Vaporshark Is doing the same thing. My DIY mod is fine.
I mentioned that mine did that a few times too but it hasn't since my previous post. That never happened on my DIY mod (BRD200 3d print) or Hana v200.

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
yippie
LFlO6Hb.jpg

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I noticed that the fire button light sometimes blinks while I am pressing it down. Maybe barely enough travel to properly press the switch on the board. That could lock the device if it happens 5 times.
Yeah, that is what happens to mine, but then locks itself.

Since I posted about that I haven't had it happen as much, I try to press in the center of the button and that has reduced the frequency in which it occurs. I don't think it's anything with the dna200, I think that the fire button is just a little wonky at times.

SeaBandit

Sep 25, 2015
Congrats daisychainvaper!!! I'm hoping mine gets back from repair by Monday. I can't stand that mail innovations that they have for shipping.

can i ask, what the production date/issue on your shark was?
mine was 9/19/15

Out of the box my wattage up button was dead and my atty's all sit about 1-2mm above the mod and wobble.

it seems that other people on the Evolv forums with sharks from around the same date had a range of issues and also devices dying after about a week, even after getting them back from repair.

does anyone know if they go over and check for all common issue's when they receive a device for repair, it would suck to send one back in for a repair on the button for example and then a week later it dies due to the device being a part of the bad batch of boards, especially for international customers.

It's just a bit worrying, since last week I haven't had any contact from VS Customer Service requesting repair (must be busy as hell)

I still love it, I just wish I could use it

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
mine was 9/19/15

Out of the box my wattage up button was dead and my atty's all sit about 1-2mm above the mod and wobble.

it seems that other people on the Evolv forums with sharks from around the same date had a range of issues and also devices dying after about a week, even after getting them back from repair.

does anyone know if they go over and check for all common issue's when they receive a device for repair, it would suck to send one back in for a repair on the button for example and then a week later it dies due to the device being a part of the bad batch of boards, especially for international customers.

It's just a bit worrying, since last week I haven't had any contact from VS Customer Service requesting repair (must be busy as hell)

Mine is from 9/19/15 as well, but I haven't had any major issues yet.

Only issue I've had is that weird locking problem initially. Narrowed that down to the fire button acting up on me when I wasn't pressing directly in the center of it. Since then I haven't had it act up on me.

Reactions: Freedom2Vape

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
mine was 9/19/15

I'm not exactly sure of the production date but I can tell you Monday when it's back but I believe it's close to your date. I would call them email takes days usually to get a response. I called til someone picked up and it only took 3 calls. I talked to someone and said they have had problems with the 510 and within 20 minutes they emailed a 1 day priority return label. I was happy with there customer service just wasn't happy with that 510 wobble. So I would call and also in the message I sent with my device I asked if they could check the other issues that other people have been having. Not sure if they did anything besides the 510 but I won't be happy if I have to bring it in for repair again if the board or charging board fails.

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
I totally forgot how cool a lightweight mod can be. I was happy that I finally received it, but was not overly excited as I have so many good mods at home that this one does not make the big difference.

In the end and after one day, I am more and more impressed. Not about something specific, just the general size, weight and of course the dna200. I could sell all my mods and reinvest them in a second one as spare and I would not miss anything, thats how cool it is.

Don't get me wrong, the IPV4s, IPV3Li, IPVD2, eVic-VTC, all the dual parallel unregulated boxes are cool. But why? Lightweight, holds close to a day, super fast charging. So all in all, I am happy so far.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
Well, 30 days after my purchase, the false charges are showing up on my credit card.

That's awesome. I've had to deal with that twice because of fasttech purchases. I've been keeping an eye on my account I don't know why vaporshark doesn't have PayPal. It would make everyone feel better and they would get this negative publicity.

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
I think quite a few people have called. I remember in another thread it was a hot topic and people weren't happy. And when it happens it's not like your not going to get your money back it's all the time you have to spend at the bank and filling out forms plus opening a new account and changing all of the CC info on all the places you buy from. My bank got me my money back within a week but I spent atleast 4 hours at the bank and fixing info online. Not that this has happened to me with vaporshark but fasttech was also must have very weak security on there site. Now I only use PayPal with them and it's been fine. Another thing that gets to me is it seems like these people stealing or CC info and money never get caught. I hope vaporshark does something to fix this soon.

Roadshaker

Apr 19, 2014
Knoxville,TN,USA
Well, 30 days after my purchase, the false charges are showing up on my credit card.
I had to dispute 2 charges and get a new card on the account I used to buy my Vaporshark.The charges were for 2 fishing licenses In Florida which doesn't look good for Vaporshark based in Miami. Coincidense? Maybe but who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread