• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Gentle Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epic_Sinner

SG Mod
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wonderland
Dear all,

Recently, there has been a huge increase in the number of threads that are uncalled for or repeated though the info can easily be found a couple of scrolls downwards. There have also been increased questions posted that have obviously violated the rules and regulations found in the sticky thread for newbies. This applies to veterans as well.

Do take note that you need to understand that most of your common questions are found answered in previous threads. If you do not find the answer you want, please post a reply in that particular thread instead of opening a duplicate thread. Reading the sticky will also provide you the knowledge that certain topics are not to be raised and discussed.

We do not wish to resort to deleting or closing threads as often and many of the members here have also been very helpful in assisting us to provide you the info you need as well as reminding the dos and don'ts.

Please refer to Newbies Q&A Thread. [PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS FORUM] before starting a thread or posting.

Thank you and have a pleasant stay!

Comrade Vape

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2015
Local
Btw, how's the snowwolf treating you? Yours is the version 1.5 right? My DNA200 mods have been draining way too fast and i'm looking for an affordable dual 18650 mod for backup @Epic_Sinner
Bro you can't go wrong with the IPV 4S. It's slim, nothing too fancy, but with TC, 120W (stock, I think with update can go 150W now but not so sure) dual 18650 and the battery life has been great for me, even with the TFV4's triple coil head.

Reactions: Epic_Sinner

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Bro you can't go wrong with the IPV 4S. It's slim, nothing too fancy, but with TC, 120W (stock, I think with update can go 150W now but not so sure) dual 18650 and the battery life has been great for me, even with the TFV4's triple coil head.

It is way too big and feels kinda cheap plus i don't like the mirrored display haha. I care about aesthetics too much. Glad to know you enjoy it though!

Reactions: Comrade Vape

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
It is way too big and feels kinda cheap plus i don't like the mirrored display haha. I care about aesthetics too much. Glad to know you enjoy it though!

IPV4S is the updated IPV4 it has no mirrored display. Its actually one of the smallest dual 18650 but yea it feels cheap mainly because it is cheap haha. I'd say the ipv3 li is pretty decent as well if you like squarish stuff like the snowwolf. Also side note both of this devices are pretty inaccurate in terms of voltage regulation (not that it matters a whole chunk where you can just offset some wattage). I think so far in terms of accuracy the evic vtc mini, sxmini m class(350j), smoktech xcube2, dna40/dna200 and koopor "smoktech" mini are pretty good. Only qualm I have with dna200 is just that dual 18650 mode defeats the whole purpose of the chip and lipo are too cumbersome to charge externally and replace.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
my bad snow wolf is still considered in spec, just slightly higher range forgot to include it in the list of devices was referring to ipv3 li and ipv4s. But honestly it shouldn't affect much unless it's like ipv d2 without step down that's where all the .... comes about lol. Also seems like cloupor are not doing much nowadays either so no mention of that.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
IPV4S is the updated IPV4 it has no mirrored display. Its actually one of the smallest dual 18650 but yea it feels cheap mainly because it is cheap haha. I'd say the ipv3 li is pretty decent as well if you like squarish stuff like the snowwolf. Also side note both of this devices are pretty inaccurate in terms of voltage regulation (not that it matters a whole chunk where you can just offset some wattage). I think so far in terms of accuracy the evic vtc mini, sxmini m class(350j), smoktech xcube2, dna40/dna200 and koopor "smoktech" mini are pretty good. Only qualm I have with dna200 is just that dual 18650 mode defeats the whole purpose of the chip and lipo are too cumbersome to charge externally and replace.
Oh didn't know it came in a revision. Nice analysis though. I don't get the problem with the D2? Mine is firing like a champ, though i recognise that the reading is a little off sometimes. 0.07 on my dna40 reads 0.05 on the D2.

The DNA200w kinda sucks with a 900mah 3s lipo. Idk if it's just my build but I can only get about 5-6 hours of use before it dies. Using it at 40w 0.1ohm titanium dual coil. That's why I ordered the DNA200 with dual 18650 from boxer. I rarely use above 100w unless I'm just playing around in my room with a dripper. 133w would be plenty for me.

I think the real benefit in DNA200 chip is the way you can really set everything to your specifications. From the display of the screen to the TCR values to use nickel, titanium, SS or whatever wire that comes in the future.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Oh didn't know it came in a revision. Nice analysis though. I don't get the problem with the D2? Mine is firing like a champ, though i recognise that the reading is a little off sometimes. 0.07 on my dna40 reads 0.05 on the D2.

The DNA200w kinda sucks with a 900mah 3s lipo. Idk if it's just my build but I can only get about 5-6 hours of use before it dies. Using it at 40w 0.1ohm titanium dual coil. That's why I ordered the DNA200 with dual 18650 from boxer. I rarely use above 100w unless I'm just playing around in my room with a dripper. 133w would be plenty for me.

I think the real benefit in DNA200 chip is the way you can really set everything to your specifications. From the display of the screen to the TCR values to use nickel, titanium, SS or whatever wire that comes in the future.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Although we're taking this thread off topic, I'd like to add that maybe its the standby current draw from the chip itself doing the magic drain. Not too sure as I have yet started looking into the data sheet and planned for my DIY. In theory though 900mah 3s lipo > 2500mah 18650.

And boy looking at escribe gave me orgasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread