Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Apparently, although sometimes I feel like I am one of the 3 people in the USA to watch BBC America .. I would like to mention that the've done a TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's "The Last Kingdom" and it starts tomorrow, OCT 10th .. I'm looking forward to it, as Cornwell is one of my favorite authors of historical novels ..

If you get BBC America, I'd also highly recommend "Orphan Black" .. "Being Human" .. "Atlantis" .. "Merlin" .. "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" .. "Luther" .. and, of course, their news ..

EDIT .. for those that have Netflix, some of the BBC shows are there as well ..

You can count me into the 3 that watch. I don't understand why they show "Star Trek, The Next Generation" all day instead of repeating some of their own better stuff for those of us who don't stay up late. Must be a money thing as usual. I've seen em so many times I think I have the dialog memorized. I just skip by em now.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
The shout out was really for any Dave .. ;) .. in fact, anyone that would like to debate, because I do love a good debate, that is, unless it's "Why my Cat / Dog / Iguana / Gerbil / Bird / Pet Monkey / Sock Puppet / Imaginary Friend / is Better Than Yours" ... Ken-L Ration not withstanding and as long as my debate opponent does not speak in the 3rd person .. ;)

They say the selection of a vehicle is somewhat of a reflection of one's personality .. I'd say, the Subaru is a solid, dependable, stylish and leaning to the left .. not quite a Volvo, but getting there .. ;) .. regaining the ability to use the Drive Up Window has to be so liberating .. ;)

Volvo, its boxy but, it's safe! If you ever saw the movie "Crazy People" they did an ad campaign for them and that was the tag line. Can't help but think about it every time I see one. Had a friend that had one of the new ones and all I have to say is, nice car. Definately making them look better.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
It was overcast here, so I was unable to even give it a try. Tonight is suppose to be clear, I'll give it another go tonight.

It's great news hearing you got the new digs. Coffee filters are great protection between plates, pots, pans and bowls.

Nancy and I went to the OKC Fair one year. OSU has a really great vet school and each year they put on a demonstration at the fair with their mobile surgery center. They were performing a spay procedure and had cameras set for closeup and the glass sides well lit for the procedure. Even had a set of bleachers set up for about 40 observers. They had an attendant come out and they described what was going to happen, warning that the procedure may not be suitable for all ages. There was standing room only. and kids of all ages in the bleachers. Again, the attendant gave the warning. The Doctor came out and made sure the dog was well sedated and ready. When he made the first incision there were numerous gasp and ¾ of the people left. Nancy and I moved to a better location to observe the procedure, laughing as we moved. I still wonder what the people thought the Doctor was going to do. Maybe wave a wand over the dog and the spay would just magically happen. LOL

I can't help it, I love the frying pan!!
I have slept since then, if it is made with horchata, I tried it and there was too much cinnamon in it.
I've been privileged to observe several surgeries on people and the only thing that ever bothered me in the least was the first cut. After that, no problem at all. The first cut is just cringe worthy. And yes the first cut is the deepest (just had to get that out of the way).

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
morning Matt your up late or early ?
Up early. Slept great. Hadn't slept well in 3 or 4 days and definately made up for it yesterday. Slept from 2 till 5, got up for dinner and take my meds then slept solid from 7 until just a few minutes ago. Feel much better, thanks for asking.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
By the way have you done your taxes yet Willie. I'm starting mine tonight. Hopefully I have as many negatives as I do positive or I might owe them $12 interest again. Is liquid nicotine a medical deduction?
It could be if you could get your doctor to write a note.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
And Dave runs, he kicks, he scores! ;)
you and dave both crack me up! Would love to hear some of that humor "in person" in the hangout!

I can't help it, I love the frying pan!!
I have slept since then, if it is made with horchata, I tried it and there was too much cinnamon in it.
hehehe glad you like it. Would you mind sharing your rumchata recipe, especially since it's very light on cinnamon. Purdy please :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Goodmorning.gifIthink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread