Manually setting mods resistance to make coils fire!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
I have a smok x cube 2 and I have a question regarding saftey. I am running a dual alien coil Nichrome build in it to the tune of .07 in it and the mods specs say it only fires down to .10 ohms. I can manually set a resistance on this mod so I did and told the board the coils are at .11 ohms. Will this cause any harm? Fires fine batteries haven't gotten hot. I know I could just remake coils but these aliens are perfect, extremely hard to make, and Im out of wire lol...sooooo yeah....

Squonkysquonkster

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2015
usa
Yeah normally at first it would kick into temp control for a min then say ohm to low. And every time I took batteries out to reset it out would ask if it was a new or same coil then repeat the same thing. After pulsing and fixing shorts when it did fire right for the small bursts, it then would let me fire it at .07. I didnt want it to kick back into TC when vaping so i manually set the ohms to stop it from doing that. Their site says .1 ohm. It fires fine with without any issues now and I really don't care that the readings for voltage output are wrong because of how I set it. Just wondering if it will wreck the mod lol...I know the amp rating should be fine and I'm wondering if it will basically just act as a parallel mech in that regard. Therefore being completely safe to fire lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread