Status
Not open for further replies.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Yesterday I got home from my two weeks in purgatory erm I mean at work and had some vape mail waiting for me. One of the items I got was an IGO-W15 28mm rda.
d7420a178d284faf9543c8fa8c3217c0.png

I watched a video which I previously linked of this guy with a funny hat do a build on it with three 9 wrap 2mm 24GA Kanthal coils so decided to give it a try. Was a bit of a bear but it wasnt the hardest build I ever done either.

7d58a1d41fd74f48a00a25a364229a8b.png

The funny thing is the guy was vaping it at 20 watts and I was thinking to myself, no way, too much coil to get a pleasant vape at 20 watts. Well, I was right, but from 30 to 40 it is a very pleasant vape with good flavor and clouds. I am impressed!

8f52cd76917644ef94966d8e19a18a35.png

And as a side note, vaping isnt the only thing I suffer shinyitis from :D While writing this post this just showed up from UPS....

2d5cca8afcdc4e3b9d6066ea041fb352.png

An 1848 Colt 3rd Model Dragoon replica hand cannon. It will shoot a .454 lead ball with 50 grains of powder. These was considered the most powerful production hand guns available until the advent of the 357 magnums. Now if anyone is looking for me, I will be outside blowing clouds and upseting my neighbors :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Brkdnc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2015
Mad City, WI. USA
I never caught the black powder bug but just put a Norinco SKS on layaway. Outside my normal realm of bolt action milsurps.

No vape mail but I did get some SKS food delivered in anticipation...

Jay :headbang:

Norinco is one of the better SKS's out there good choice :thumb:

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I never caught the black powder bug but just put a Norinco SKS on layaway. Outside my normal realm of bolt action milsurps.

No vape mail but I did get some SKS food delivered in anticipation...

Should give black powder a try some day. Its a lot of fun and about the cheapest way to do a lot of shooting. You can also order a black powder gun online and have it mailed to your house without having to have an FFL.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Send it on to me!! I'm sure I can getting it Firing in no time!! ;)
Dammit, chopdoc. Stop taking away my excuses for laziness and procrastination.

Not only an instructional but one with eye candy....

Or you can send it to me! Im suuuuure she can teach me a thing or two ;)

Reactions: MikeyConti

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Got my SnowWolf V1.5 replacement today finally(Had the Original but it had problems so I got it replaced with the V1.5).. Haven't tried it yet but hopefully I like it better than the Original!! :D

I like my Snow Wolf and its a daily user but it does aggravate me the way I always have to click it 5 times for it to start vaping.

I held a CVA Apex .30-06 at a Gun Store once and loved the feel of it!! Now I see they make it in .308 , .45-70 , and 300BLK !!!
(Those arnt Black Powder of Course) I would like to get a Black Powder rifle though!! :)

My winter project which I will order either next month or in December will be a St Louis Hawkins 50 cal kit.

st-louis-hawken-rifle-kit-main.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I like my Snow Wolf and its a daily user but it does aggravate me the way I always have to click it 5 times for it to start vaping.
I loved my Original other than the problem with SS Coils(which the V1.5 still may have), and the way it started turning itself on at night and draining fully charged batteries down to 3.0V lol

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
I loved my Original other than the problem with SS Coils(which the V1.5 still may have), and the way it started turning itself on at night and draining fully charged batteries down to 3.0V lol

I have a TFV4 on mine so the batteries get changed once to twice a day vaping it at 80 to 100 watts, but before I got the TFV4 it went a while with not being used. Just too big for a subtank or Lemo II and I seen someone complaining about it turning on and draining the batteries. I never seen that and then one day a light caught my attention out the corner of my eye and sure enough, it was turning itself on. So I put fresh batteries on it, an RDA and just let it sit. Six days later it finally killed the batteries so am not overly worried about it coming on by itself. Its a daily user now and it works great.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Well guys, decided to give the Orchid V7 another try. Got it out of my vape gear box, took it all apart and cleaned it, built a new dual coil for it of 6 wrap 24 ga kanthal. Whicked it with some Rayon and filled it with some apple jacks DIY juice. Like always the flavor was outstanding in the orchid and this go around instead of vaping it on an unregulated mod I put it on the Smok M80 instead and am vaping it at 50 watts.

Now my thoughts on it..... As I said the flavor is outstanding but the airflow leaves a lot to be desired. Very restrictive compared to a tank like the subtank mini. Small deck with tiny screws, very hard to build on. Wicking is critical yet a one piece chimney makes no sense. For me this will never be a daily type of tank. Just too many things going against it.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Well guys, decided to give the Orchid V7 another try. Got it out of my vape gear box, took it all apart and cleaned it, built a new dual coil for it of 6 wrap 24 ga kanthal. Whicked it with some Rayon and filled it with some apple jacks DIY juice. Like always the flavor was outstanding in the orchid and this go around instead of vaping it on an unregulated mod I put it on the Smok M80 instead and am vaping it at 50 watts.

Now my thoughts on it..... As I said the flavor is outstanding but the airflow leaves a lot to be desired. Very restrictive compared to a tank like the subtank mini. Small deck with tiny screws, very hard to build on. Wicking is critical yet a one piece chimney makes no sense. For me this will never be a daily type of tank. Just too many things going against it.
I'm playing with a Aqua v2 currently. I modded the deck to add risers to the air ports and flared the exit. It seems a smoother Vape now.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I put both of the air hole screws into the deck of my Aqua 2 last night and dug out the dripper cap for it. Installed 2 high mounted 24g 8/7 wrap on 3mm coils (coil center line even with the negative post screw) for a total of 0.35 ohms. Rayon wicked, juiced and fired up, the dripper mode provides a very good quality vape. There is no juice well at all so you need to cover the deck with Rayon as the juice disappears fast!

It went through juice too quickly, just like running a PlumeFail without the leaky feature. This morning I tore out the 24g dual and installed a single 26g 6/5 wrap on 2.5mm coil still high mounted. This ohms out to 0.65 and allows a lot more room for juice. Now instead of requiring 50W for the dual 24g, it is working very nicely at 35W.
:vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread