The Billow v2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Just got my Billow V2 a few days ago. I have a leak somewhere and cant figure it out. There is about 1/4 of my eliquid mysteriously vanishing from my tank overnight while its sitting straight up but everything on the outside is dry! Its definitely not leaking through the air holes. The only thing I can think of is that it might be slowly leaking through the 510 connector. Has anyone else had a problem like this. When I check everything seems dry though. Its the case of the vanishing e-liquid and I need to get to the bottom of it. Any suggestions on what to check. Maybe a bad o-ring somewhere?
Under the deck would be the only place if everything else is dry. Unscrew the 510 pin from the bottom then grab the deck and unscrew it from the airflow base. There is enough space there that could probably hold a ml or so but it would leak out if you held it sideways with an airhole facing down.

6698173b2e5a2e1f59fafd8d9179a19f.jpg

3ed93b25163defb81691d347529deaf6.jpg

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Just threw this quad vert build in my Billow 2. Ugly, but deadly!
Ohms? Gauge?

It has never occurred to me to try quad verts in one of my Billow V2's. I will definitely give it a go on my next rebuild!

Quad verticals worked pretty well in my Aromamizer RDTA
a72e09f36ce997b5891b072f2f223d46.jpg

Last edited:

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Thanks guys! I took it apart and noticed a little bit of eliquid in the chamber. I think it was a bad o-ring that was letting juice in and then it was leaking out the 510 connector. I replaced the o-ring last night and filled it back up. When I woke up this morning there was no drop in the liquid level! So I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem.

Now I just have to get this thing to stop dry hitting! That's my next challange. I have watched every YouTube build there is at least twice and still get dry hits by the third or fourth hit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but on Monday I purchased some rayon to play around with. Should be here by the end of the week.

Reactions: Btsmokincat

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Thanks guys! I took it apart and noticed a little bit of eliquid in the chamber. I think it was a bad o-ring that was letting juice in and then it was leaking out the 510 connector. I replaced the o-ring last night and filled it back up. When I woke up this morning there was no drop in the liquid level! So I'm pretty sure I fixed the problem.

Now I just have to get this thing to stop dry hitting! That's my next challange. I have watched every YouTube build there is at least twice and still get dry hits by the third or fourth hit. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but on Monday I purchased some rayon to play around with. Should be here by the end of the week.

As the weather is getting colder and juice thickens up, the billow v2 seems to get more fussy about wicking. One thing I've found is getting the coils as low as possible in the deck seems to help. My guess is it has to do with the wick/coil level being as close to the liquid level in the juice channels as possible. The adhesive / cohesive force overbalance that makes wicking work has limits -- a couple extra mm of wick/coil height might be too much at times.

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Well as soon as I posted this when I woke up I took a few pulls and now it seems to be wicking fine. I only had a few minutes to play around with it before I had to go to bed last night as it was getting late. I vaped on it for about a hour this morning before work and no dry hits. As long as i only pulled on it for 3-4 seconds at a time. I also rebuilt my coils last night as I wasnt happy with the vapor production from my first build. My first build was 24g 7 wraps 2.5mm came out to .3ohms. This build I tried out 26g 9 wrapes 2.5mm and it came out to .5ohms. Heats up faster even at 40watts and is a much cooler vape which I prefer. Its also producing about 3 times the amount of vapor! This thing can make some clouds. No leaking at all so far. Overall Im pretty happy. So far its been my stay at home vape and my ZNA 30 is what I bring to work. They let me vape in my office but I dont want to push it with my sigelei 150 TC and Billow V2. Its just to big and way to much vapor.

I think Im starting to get the hang of this thing and really like it!

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Also if anybody is looking for this carbon fiber derlin drip tip that was posted on page 10 of this thread I found it and it fits perfect. My Stainless steal one was getting to hot for me so I tracked it down. Its a little expensive with shipping just for a drip tip but it arrived in about 3 days from my order and it doesn't get hot at all.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/the-billow-v2.668951/page-10

Here it is.
http://www.evcigarettes.com/carbon-fiber-delrin-wide-bore-510-drip-tip-mouthpiece-14mm/

Sorry guys looks like the website is down for maintenance. It was working a few minutes ago.

Looks like the site is back up and running. At least for now. I know there site is under maintenance so it could go down again. I highly recommend this drip tip of you find your stock one getting to hot.

Last edited:

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
Just got my Billow V2 a few days ago. I have a leak somewhere and cant figure it out. There is about 1/4 of my eliquid mysteriously vanishing from my tank overnight while its sitting straight up but everything on the outside is dry! Its definitely not leaking through the air holes. The only thing I can think of is that it might be slowly leaking through the 510 connector. Has anyone else had a problem like this. When I check everything seems dry though. Its the case of the vanishing e-liquid and I need to get to the bottom of it. Any suggestions on what to check. Maybe a bad o-ring somewhere?
Take it all apart and look for a bad seal, insulator, etc. if you don't have any liquid dripping off your mod or in the 510 area then you don't have a leak... Maybe someone is vaping your juice at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heliguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
chicago
Man am I going through some liquid with this thing. Went through the 5ml tank in about 3 hours last night. Had to refill as soon as I woke up this morning. Thank god I DIY or I don't think I could afford to go through this much juice. I'm new to rta's and rda. My only previously experience was was with a reomizer I use to use last year but now I'm confident in getting it up and running again. I use to suck at making coils but now after a week of watching YouTube videos and practicing plus the help of my coil master I think I got it down. He'll I still have been using fusion 801 cartos on my zna 30. That's going to change though as I just got a lemo v2 in the mail yesterday. Hope I like it as much as the Billie. Sorry to derail the thread a little. I woke up early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.

Robert Stevens

Aug 28, 2015
Man am I going through some liquid with this thing. Went through the 5ml tank in about 3 hours last night. Had to refill as soon as I woke up this morning. Thank god I DIY or I don't think I could afford to go through this much juice. I'm new to rta's and rda. My only previously experience was was with a reomizer I use to use last year but now I'm confident in getting it up and running again. I use to suck at making coils but now after a week of watching YouTube videos and practicing plus the help of my coil master I think I got it down. He'll I still have been using fusion 801 cartos on my zna 30. That's going to change though as I just got a lemo v2 in the mail yesterday. Hope I like it as much as the Billie. Sorry to derail the thread a little. I woke up early this morning and couldn't fall back asleep.

The lemo 2 is nice for single coil and temp control. I keep thinking about buying one but I only have so many mods to put it on. better buy a new mod first.

Reactions: GeorgeS

G7X2000

Oct 9, 2015
HELP!
Just bought one of these tanks after deliberating over a few different tanks as I heard this one was one of the best for flavor - I cannot, repeat, CANNOT get any flavor out of it. I thought it was vaper's tongue, but switched over to my Subtank Mini with the same juice in it (butterscotch) and flavor was still there.

This is what I did after I purchased - got home, gave the parts a quick rinse, got a 1ohm build on 28gauge / 2.5mm, checked it was firing and glowing right, wicked it up, saturated with juice, filled tank, let it sit for a while, vaped... no flavor, plenty of vape though.
Had a look at the coils, the wicking, and everything seems to be firing right. Fired it up while saturated and you could smell the flavor - but when connected to the tank - no flavor. Using a Wismec Presa 40W - had a go from 5W - 40W, all with no difference in taste.

Tried a low resistance build at 0.3ohms, 28gauge/2.5mm, repeat as above, same outcome.

All this while vaping on the Subtank Mini which still tastes brilliant!
What the heck am I doing wrong...?

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
HELP!
Just bought one of these tanks after deliberating over a few different tanks as I heard this one was one of the best for flavor - I cannot, repeat, CANNOT get any flavor out of it. I thought it was vaper's tongue, but switched over to my Subtank Mini with the same juice in it (butterscotch) and flavor was still there.

This is what I did after I purchased - got home, gave the parts a quick rinse, got a 1ohm build on 28gauge / 2.5mm, checked it was firing and glowing right, wicked it up, saturated with juice, filled tank, let it sit for a while, vaped... no flavor, plenty of vape though.
Had a look at the coils, the wicking, and everything seems to be firing right. Fired it up while saturated and you could smell the flavor - but when connected to the tank - no flavor. Using a Wismec Presa 40W - had a go from 5W - 40W, all with no difference in taste.

Tried a low resistance build at 0.3ohms, 28gauge/2.5mm, repeat as above, same outcome.

Honestly I've no idea you're doing everything right. I guess some tanks are for some people, and some tanks aren't.

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
HELP!

I've found the wicking can be fussy on billow v2 -- I don't understand why (yet). If the wicks aren't really wet, flavor will suffer. What I've settled on for something that seems to consistently work is get the coils as low as possible -- maybe one mm or even less above the airholes. Use a not too loose but not snug strip of Japanese cotton wick. For a 2.5mm coil, I cut a strip about as wide as the pad is thick. Eyeball it and try until it's not loose but really not very snug either. Just a tiny bit snug (hard to describe of course -- it's just a feel for how much is not enough or too much).

Trim cotton tails almost flush to the deck all the way around (this may take you a little bit of trial and error -- you need enough cotton to get the tails to reach the deck and but not so much that they extend much if at all into the wells -- you'll get it by eye after a try or two). As the deck is round, the wick tails will have a bias cut following that round shape.

Wet the wicks, "encourage" the tails down to the deck and over juice channels without crushing or compressing them and reassemble.

When it's right it's a great vape. When it's not right it can be frustrating.

gone3uo6

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
Pocomoke City, MD
gone3uo6.blogspot.com
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444422582.458988.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1444422593.946405.jpg

Done, just need to sand clear. Also bought some stainless tanks for when I am at work. If anyone else is interested in a tank protector let me know. I can crank one out for you for $5 shipped. Doesn't need to be just the Billow v2, but I would need micrometer dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G7X2000

Oct 9, 2015
I've found the wicking can be fussy on billow v2 -- I don't understand why (yet). If the wicks aren't really wet, flavor will suffer. What I've settled on for something that seems to consistently work is get the coils as low as possible -- maybe one mm or even less above the airholes. Use a not too loose but not snug strip of Japanese cotton wick. For a 2.5mm coil, I cut a strip about as wide as the pad is thick. Eyeball it and try until it's not loose but really not very snug either. Just a tiny bit snug (hard to describe of course -- it's just a feel for how much is not enough or too much).

Trim cotton tails almost flush to the deck all the way around (this may take you a little bit of trial and error -- you need enough cotton to get the tails to reach the deck and but not so much that they extend much if at all into the wells -- you'll get it by eye after a try or two). As the deck is round, the wick tails will have a bias cut following that round shape.

Wet the wicks, "encourage" the tails down to the deck and over juice channels without crushing or compressing them and reassemble.

When it's right it's a great vape. When it's not right it can be frustrating.

hi Mad, thanks for taking the time to read into my situation.
Tried the wicking like you had described on the previously built 2.5mm coil, followed by newly built 2mm coil, and both did not work. A little disheartening. Do you own a Subtank Mini, and what would you say the differences are between them in regards to flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread