DIY e juice help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatherTim

Oct 10, 2015
So I've been making my own e juice for about 2 weeks now. I've been toying with different flavor combinations and there's one thing I can't figure out. I have a total of 5 flavors so far and every single one of them tastes funky. It kind of has a beer/alcohol taste. That and it seems like the nicotine is way higher than I want it to be. I vape 3mg/ml nic and my juices hit way harder than any 3mg I've ever bought. I use "e-juice lab" (app) for all my measurements. I was just wondering if anybody knew what the problem could be? (Bad ingredients, false measurements, ect.) I can't figure it out.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I got my first DIY order a week ago. In the first batch I timidly added a couple percent of just one flavor and immediately preferred to my pre mixed liquid and I think the reason is because it has a smaller % of flavor Now I think the flavor percentages used in a lot of pre mix and DIY recipes are too high for most of us. I delayed DIY because I thought it was going to be complicated and error prone. It turns out to be none of that and now I can supply myself with a year of liquid for $45. I'm noticing quite a few people in the forum saying they get a good vape from zerio flavoring. That's good news too me.

Reactions: Dixie1954

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
...Bad ingredients, false measurements

That's a good start. Have you tried vaping your PG, VG, and an unflavored blend of them with your nic? What do they taste like?

Also, the specific flavoring and amount used would be good to know as Jimi mentioned for the step after seeing if your bases are good.

Last edited:

28if

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
Outskirts of Detroit Rock City
I've learned a lot from the veterans here (Danny, Hoosier, etc). The absolutely most valuable lesson is to taste your base and your components (VG / PG) on their own.

If you're starting with crap, crap is what you end up with. Not enough flavoring in the world to hide a bad base. Of course YMMV.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
What flavor vendor are you using? I would say you are either using too much or not enough flavoring. Measurements are different for each company's flavors. Also where did you get your nicotine, PG, and VG? If your base is off it can ruin any flavors you add to it. Nicotine that is too peppery or off can ruin everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread