Status
Not open for further replies.

VNeil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Ocean City, MD
+1 - I'm going to time how long it takes me to change my mini battery the next time it needs it..
18 seconds for my mini.

I really like the magnetic door on my Kanger KBox Mini. Until I drop it. Then it sort of explodes... the door going one way, the battery the other way. So I can see why a magnetic door would not fit into Provape's "rugged and reliable" philosophy. So, considering the need for the mod to stay intact after a drop, what they did with the two geared wheels is probably the best and most efficient solution. The only other option is one large wheel, but that could force an increase in size in order for the bolt to fit into the center, with the battery slightly offset???

Polycarbonate... I am very familiar with Nikon camera bodies, many of which are now made with polycarb shells. When they first did this many years ago, a lot of users complained about "cheaper build" and all that. But as far as I know it has stood the test of time and DSLR camera bodies are rather heavy, with added lenses. When they are dropped, they often break, but not from the polycarb shell damage. So I think it is an interesting engineering decision that may well be accepted after enough of them are "drop tested" in the field. It's not your grandfather's plastic.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Yeah, it does seem pricey ... I am not too sure about swapping out brand new, perfectly proven, and working top caps.

I also have spare beauty rings for all my 2.5s ... however, I am going to buy a new Satin Silver for $89.95 from Provape.

I'd like to have it for my 2.5. I just don't use mine much at all since I build above it's ability now.

Reactions: AstroTurf

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Hello everyone :)

funny-quotes-8h3.jpg

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
WTH went ON in here last night. All this snipping I see looks like y'all did some kind of group circumcision or sumpin.

What'd I miss?
Franken Snip...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Ugh I had been so happy with all the stuff I had. I had left here thinking life was good. Finally vaping was paying off. It was finally cheaper to vape than smoke. Then fb shows me this beautiful radius and I immediately ran back here to read the scoop. Now it looks like I am gonna be out 400 for new mods (cause I know my wife will want one too) 89 for a kabuki that my wife will love and another 90 to change my top caps off my old 2.5's. Thank yall very much for helping me spend my money. My wife is gonna kill me. Guess I had better get to working some ot so I can afford all this new stuff.

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Just to point this out...
My first 2 years of vaping were spent with a ProVari. 2's and 2.5's. At one point, there was 7 of them in my collection. A few were handed down to my lovely and talented wife who was a dual user up until the moment she kidnapped a provari with an IBTanked carto tank from me. (2 years ago) She hasn't smoked since. One of my provaris fell out of a 5th story window and on to an asphalt parking lot of a building I was tearing down. The kayfun went to an early grave but the ProVari didn't miss a beat. Amazing devices.
My vaping habits have shifted to bottom feeders. I use mechanical bottom feeders exclusively. It's been this way for over a year. My ProVaris have been payed forward to new vapers who needed the push. They all made a successful transition and they stopped smoking. I kept the one that fell out of the building. I passed on the P3...not because I didn't like it....it's just that I didn't need it. Everything ProVape does, they do right.
I can assure you, I will be in line with the rest of you for a Radius. Nicely done, ProVape!

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Ugh I had been so happy with all the stuff I had. I had left here thinking life was good. Finally vaping was paying off. It was finally cheaper to vape than smoke. Then fb shows me this beautiful radius and I immediately ran back here to read the scoop. Now it looks like I am gonna be out 400 for new mods (cause I know my wife will want one too) 89 for a kabuki that my wife will love and another 90 to change my top caps off my old 2.5's. Thank yall very much for helping me spend my money. My wife is gonna kill me. Guess I had better get to working some ot so I can afford all this new stuff.
If your wife is really upset maybe suggest she waits for hers, that'll cut the spend by half....hmmmm, maybe not :shock:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
At first, I thought the same...

Then I began to think about the Training, Equipment, and Technical Expertise that goes into making the change, also factoring in parts, and...

It is quite the steal.

Not the price. I just don't think it is worth it to me since I rarely use my 2.5. Doesn't fit into my vaping style anymore. I am just about over the abilities of my Classic. Hoping for a firmware upgrade on it soon.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL
I am curious of 2 things while reading through this thread. Are the 2 knobs on the bottom possibly for 2 18650's side by side, or is it definitely the access to get to the battery?

The price posted was definitively blown out of the water, $199 is MORE than reasonable. I see Provari catching a very large portion of the market they were not bringing in before.

Vape360, can you please confirm or deny the 40 watt limit claim? Pleeeeeeease tell me it's at least 60.....pleeeease.

I don't think anyone answered you. @Vape360 has already said it's one Panasonic 18650 battery. And watts haven't been released, but my money's on less than 60 watts.

I guess maybe I'm out on a ledge here...
I had imagined the price point being below/closer to the price of the New Classic...at $159.
I was thinking the polycarbonate body would bring the cost of production down, with less metal machining to do...
Don't get me wrong! I'm still going to buy one...or two!
I just feel like maybe I'm the only one not saying/thinking "Great job on the price!"
Am I alone on this?

Yup buddy. You're on your own island with that HBManOfTheCorpseDude!

Spent a few hours tonight with a Provari Radius at Vapercon.

Let me just say that I will be first in line to preorder one on Tuesday at 10am.

Um, just let me say you may have yaself a teeny tiny bit of competition for that spot. But dontcha worry a noodle of hair on yer head. I'm betting the Mothership has plenty ready!

Wonder what time I'll actually go to sleep tonite. The ProRadius has me ALL wired up!

And I can't decide which color I'll have. Perhaps midnite caberet.

Then I could just live in 'Brow's car, and he'd never know I was there. :evil:

Oh HOW EXCITING! You'll be the best car ornament ever! Yes you will!

I like my Fellow Provi Brothers and Sisters!!!

Me too. Yes I do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread