I have picked my next mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I haven't heard anything about them but I have a couple of opinions.

Using two 18650s at 200 watts will draw 37 amps from each when they are close to drained. There are no 40 amp 18650s on the market, most are only 20 amps. They claim it uses a prorietary chip. Considering what they consider safe battery wise, I would worry about what safety features they have on the chip and how good the chip is overall.

Agree. I don't see anything about short protection, heat protection, low battery protection, etc.

Reactions: Ryedan

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I'll take this cool dude's word on it. Great comments below as well. I'll have mine next week. Thing is, all the boxes I own now just doesn't produce that thick milky vape like a mech does. By the looks on his vid. That vapor looks pretty good on 200 watts with a .15 build. Hey look ! The mod didn't blow up at 200 watts !

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
Surric X 200W Box mod

Made in the USA

I'm a fan of stuff made in the good old USA has anyone used this mod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would personally get the Snow Wolf 200, or the IPV3LI, Which are both significantly cheaper and better. They also both go up to 200 watts. Which you'll never need to go that high.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Looking at the boxer,Hana, Cloudmaker

I wouldn't count on the Whiteout from Cloudmaker, those units were suppose to ship out in September and seems one thing or another is going wrong for them. Or excuses like another company is doing. People paid money in July for these units and they still have nothing. I would wait until they are released to vendors ( If that ever happens) Just my 2 cents on that brand

Outcast

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Vermont
I wouldn't count on the Whiteout from Cloudmaker, those units were suppose to ship out in September and seems one thing or another is going wrong for them. Or excuses like another company is doing. People paid money in July for these units and they still have nothing. I would wait until they are released to vendors ( If that ever happens) Just my 2 cents on that brand
My wife is buying me one for Christmas so I'm kinda holding off till December do see how this gose she is willing to spend up to 400$ so I'm also looking at HOBO customs but can't seem to find out how to buy from them

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
My wife is buying me one for Christmas so I'm kinda holding off till December do see how this gose she is willing to spend up to 400$ so I'm also looking at HOBO customs but can't seem to find out how to buy from them

You can go on the web page and either contact them by phone or email. I'm not sure if they have a waiting list. The cloudmaker whiteout looks nice and like the idea that you are suppose to be able to flop parts out easily but they keep saying it would be done in this month, now it's next month. and so on and so forth. So I will never ever do anything that is pre order as one never knows if they will take your money and poof they are gone along with your money. Has happened before to people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread