Joyetech VTC Mini Temp Issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapourz

Oct 10, 2015
So I've been using the VTC mini for roughly about 3 weeks or so now and have found that it worked mint using Kanthals on Power mode. However there seems to be something fishy with the temp mode. I'm referring to Ti builds by the way but it does happen almost the same using Ni too (500F at least). I'm always finding myself having to hit at 550F to sometimes 580F to get any kind of good vape. I did manage to get it to hit 450F - 480F using 25W a day and boom... back to 550F again till now. I'm using 24 and 26 gauge Grade 1 Ti wires bought from Unkamen. I've built them in spaced and contacts and both end up the same spot, 550F onwards. I aim my resistance mostly at 0.15 to 0.35ohms. And the device sometimes does not ask for a new or same coil when I put a new coil on, which I thought wouldn't matter much as I could just lock the resistance at room temp anyways. And I did tried adjusting watts from 20W to 60W to slow and speed up the ramping time of the coil but doesn't make a difference if I don't touch 530F or higher. And I also did the update for it several times just to be sure it wasn't playing up there. I'm building these coils on a Subtank Mini and Goliath V2.

My question is are you guys experiencing the same deal using temp mode? Having to crank it to at least 550F above? Or am I having some issues with my device or am I doing something wrong? I've read on the forum that most of you guys usually have your temperature devices set up to around ranges of 380F to 530F tops? So I'm just curious and worried on why I need such a high temp from this VTC device to get any sort of good vape? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

djaco27

Oct 25, 2015
if you look at the resistance when it's not firing right you will notice it is not recognizing the actual resistance of the coil you're using ..rda or standard ni200. I'm having the same problem. sometimes have to remove the tank and hit fire button over and over to get it to read correct resistance then when I set it down for a few minutes and try to puff it's reading wrong resistance again... locked or not. I have two vtc's and they are both doing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread