Suggestions on how to quit smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neon28

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2015
You gotta be determined to quit smoking. For me it was a habit that when i was done working on something hard or when i had nothing to do i would go smoke. Now i do my best to keep myself busy while constantly reminding myself to stop smoking. You gotta be strong up there in the mind!

Be determined and work towards it! Good luck!

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
I had menthol flavor for 1.5 year. I am ok with this flavor. I can vape it whole year that help me to quit comfortably. For that 1.5 year I vaped when I needed nic fix. 6 months ago I started DIY juice and I also found some place I can buy juice illegally (this country ban EC). Right now I vape when I need the flavors, I mean physically my mouth watering and mentally I feel missing a particular flavor. I have 3 flavors that I cannot get enough of and I have to reduce nic strength to vape more without nic sick. I carry 2 EC with difference flavor because my taste bud will sense no flavor if I keep on vaping one flavor alone. My suggestion is to find the juice you really like I think it can really help you to quit.

Reactions: Giravve

ZakkWylde

Sep 22, 2015
Hey,

hope you guys dont mind me sharing..

I've been a smoker for almost two decades, and before i started vaping, it was easily a pack of 20s a day for me. Two when the occasion calls for it.

When i started vaping, there was a decent reduction in my analog smoking. A pack could last me 2-3 days. I was vaping fruity flavours then and every few hours, I still felt the need to burn some Luckies.

But things changed very recently. In fact, it was only 2 days ago when I filled up a tank with a butterscotch flavoured juice. It was 60/40 PG/VG, 6mg nic and it had a hint of coffee in it. The throat hit, the taste it left in my mouth and throat, absolutely mimics the taste of me smoking luckies with coffee. It was perfect. And I have not touch a single analog since then. And this is probably the longest I have gone without one.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that i can keep the analogs away forever. Already got a couple more bottles of the same juice.

Guess my bottom line is, sometimes you just need to get the right juice to make you forget the analogs.

Thanks for reading and wish me luck! :)

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
when trying to quit make SURE Your nicotine level in your juice is enough. if ito NOT high enough you will get cravings for cigarettes. when I first quit a year and a half ago I used 24 mg nicotine in my juice. Then I lowered it after I was established. if you were a heavy smoker you will especially need the higher nicotine because your body is used to a higher level.so, you might try to increase your nicotine in your juice and see how that helps your cravings. you can always lower it at a later time. hope this helps. best wishes. :)

Reactions: Giravve
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread