UD Zephyrus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I use a lot of nickel and titanium build, can't really remember what a dry hit feels like.

I only use stock coils in my crown and tfv4 as they are awesome but very hungry.

What builds do you recommend for my first build on the UD? Just using up the .3 coil first then on to building the deck.

I've built on a billow and the deck looks a little smaller on the UD?

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I use a lot of nickel and titanium build, can't really remember what a dry hit feels like.

I only use stock coils in my crown and tfv4 as they are awesome but very hungry.

What builds do you recommend for my first build on the UD? Just using up the .3 coil first then on to building the deck.

I've built on a billow and the deck looks a little smaller on the UD?
I typically stick with 2mm builds on 26g kanthal. Nickel builds I have not tried on it because it's a dual and would need to be incredibly accurate from what I understand, therefore I haven't bothered with that. I've also don't a 28g twisted kanthal build that is vaping very good. Look at the picture I posted above. Wicking your zephyrus is the most important part as it is very tricky at first

Paul lamb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 18, 2015
Newcastle, UK
I typically stick with 2mm builds on 26g kanthal. Nickel builds I have not tried on it because it's a dual and would need to be incredibly accurate from what I understand, therefore I haven't bothered with that. I've also don't a 28g twisted kanthal build that is vaping very good. Look at the picture I posted above. Wicking your zephyrus is the most important part as it is very tricky at first
How does the juice hold up on a kanthal build in the Zephyrus? Is it hungry? I'm guessing so, I had a titanium dual build in my billow and worked great. Wicking is a pain, do you build coil over the top of air holes or do you cover with the wick?

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
I like using 32 twisted, 28 twisted and regular 24, I'll mess around with it for a while see what's best, the stock coils pretty good at 40w
I wouldn't recommend a 24g twisted build in it as 24 doesn't fit very well in the zephyrus. 28 fits perfectly as does 26, haven't tried a twisted 26 but I imagine it would work. The problem isn't the amount of room the deck seems to have its getting the chimney on with your build and your wick. Significantly smaller once you factor the cap screwing on

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Currently rocking a .3 dual 32 twisted build and absolute love it, it's not a bad build, may throw some 28/32 Clapton in it next

Anyone tried Clapton in the Zephyrus
I had clap tons in mine last night 32 wrapped around 26g nichrome 80 at 2.3mm it vaped great but the tank got far to hot. I personally don't recommend it

Reactions: Paul lamb

bpurtell89

Aug 16, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
That played on my mind, I've had Clapton in my subtanks and that was quite warm

Have you tried 26 kanthal? If yes what was a good build? Any other builds you can share?
I didn't build the claptons myself a guy at a local B&M gave them to me to try about 6ft of wire he made so I used that. I don't think I'll use claptpns in it again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread