Is my 25R ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
I just noticed the positive pin on one of my 25R's has some sort of knick in it. I just noticed it today, and I don't think it's been like that for long. Do you think it's still ok to use?

bb46124f0b3a3cac6ff0d012876d91a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moneymike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2014
United States
My sig150 had issues with the batteries coming loose and damaging the positive terminals. Wound up having a 25r vent when I took it off the charger because the wrapper was slightly torn. Be careful when inserting the positive ends of your batteries and make sure they're all the way in before putting on the case.

ali-s

Oct 9, 2015
I just noticed the positive pin on one of my 25R's has some sort of knick in it. I just noticed it today, and I don't think it's been like that for long. Do you think it's still ok to use?

bb46124f0b3a3cac6ff0d012876d91a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
There is always an insulation between battery's positive and negative sides. most probably, positive was shorted to negative monetarily by a piece of metal, wire,....
You need to figure out what was the cause for that short. That can happen again and cause fire. you can clean up the bad spot on the battery positive using a piece of sand paper and use it again.
good luck.

VidGamrJ

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Pittsburgh
Are you using a hybrid mech?

No, I usually use them in a Sig150. But! I discovered what happened. My fiancé couldn't find her vape, so she popped batteries in my mech box and must have not tightened it enough or something. I discovered this after she did it a second time and shorted a pair of batteries and one of them had the same exact mark. She was lucky nothing bad happened, I told her not to use the mech anymore no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread