eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I can empathize with all yunz guys with TC problems...but...a year ago I would have had a hard time finding a small, 60W, VW, big/bright screen, spring-loaded 510 mod with step-down...for $28.89! :shock:

So...maybe throw a Kanthal topper on it...enjoy the vape...and pat yourself on the back (once more) for giving up analogs...

http://www.efun.top/joyetech-evic-vtc-mini-express-kit.html

Last edited:

Kaiser Bob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
Denver, CO
I can empathize with all yunz guys with TC problems...but...a year ago I would have had a hard time finding a small, 60W, VW, big/bright screen, spring-loaded 510 mod with step-down...for $28.89! :shock:

So...maybe throw a Kanthal topper on it...enjoy the vape...and pat yourself on the back (once more) for giving up analogs...

I hear ya there, maybe if I paid $60 I'd be more aggravated over the issues but at 40 shipped, meh. I really hope they add a TCR setting, that would make tc usable for most people having problems. The fit and finish is really on point, I have a nick where it fell over and no paint chipping or bare metal exposed, I was impressed by that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: gerrymi

chief63

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Oklahoma, United States

Agree. While disappointed with the TC performance I'm still keeping it.

vapinglobster

Sep 3, 2015
Had the mini for almost a month with no issue but then i only use it on VW mode.

But now the resistance reading is off by ~0.1ohm in VW mode.
I always have my build around 0.75ohm and its now jumping between 0.65-0.68ohm.
Nothing wrong with my atty/build i tested on other mod and meter and it always stable.

Is there a way to hard reset this thing or restore to factory default if there's such thing??
Tried re-firmware upgrade but still same thing.
Love it when it works. Tiny device.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
Had the mini for almost a month with no issue but then i only use it on VW mode.

But now the resistance reading is off by ~0.1ohm in VW mode.
I always have my build around 0.75ohm and its now jumping between 0.65-0.68ohm.
Nothing wrong with my atty/build i tested on other mod and meter and it always stable.

Is there a way to hard reset this thing or restore to factory default if there's such thing??
Tried re-firmware upgrade but still same thing.
Love it when it works. Tiny device.

It's probably the components on the board that have gotten ever so slightly out of tolerance.

After normal use it's very possible that some resistance that is part of the ohm sensing circuit has gone slightly out of tolerance and is causing the board to now read different, in your case, lower ohms.

Nick N

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Columbus, Ohio
Mine just showed up today from efun (US) should I keep it or sell it? I also have an iStick TC40W coming in the mail, which one would you choose? I will probably not keep both. In addition, I also have a pair of Kboxes that can do VW and Kanthal just fine.

b3eae0d5e63541ea60e6db3812ff0287.jpg

Reactions: TrollDragon

Schlinky

Oct 10, 2015
The evic mini was my first foray into TC and I signed up here to add my voice to the problems others are facing.

On a 0.2 Ti (24awg) coil it fires well until the unit goes to sleep then I get hardly vapour. I don't understand how this can be 'normal behaviour', having something only work once is not normal operation.

I'm just hoping joyetch can at least acknowledge the problem and address it in a software update because the mini is unusable in TC mode at this point.

How do we progress from here?

Reactions: TrollDragon

zeus01

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2011
manila
The evic mini was my first foray into TC and I signed up here to add my voice to the problems others are facing.

On a 0.2 Ti (24awg) coil it fires well until the unit goes to sleep then I get hardly vapour. I don't understand how this can be 'normal behaviour', having something only work once is not normal operation.

I'm just hoping joyetch can at least acknowledge the problem and address it in a software update because the mini is unusable in TC mode at this point.

How do we progress from here?

well,

either you switch no ni mode
even if uou are using ti coils

or switch to ss wire and go to ti mode

so far have not had the "temp issue and the sleep issues i had before since i switched to ss wires
just have to bear with the weird taste on a new build after that its fine

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk

Schlinky

Oct 10, 2015
well,

either you switch no ni mode
even if uou are using ti coils

or switch to ss wire and go to ti mode

so far have not had the "temp issue and the sleep issues i had before since i switched to ss wires
just have to bear with the weird taste on a new build after that its fine

Sent from my AMOI N820 using Tapatalk

Thanks I have tried in Ni mode and it is the same problem. I do have lots of SS wire though, what resistance do you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread