Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning Lynn, Fran, Lurkers :wub: :)

acf9b2779786211f7f46273d60637ee8.gif

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    Good morning lurkers :wub::wub::wub:

I doubt they will Dale, but that's ok I do it for DH. He loves all that history and the only way he can have it all is if I copy it. Everyone will want some of the pics, none will want all, all would complain someone else got too much. This is the easiest way.;) Yesterday was old pics and news clippings, the last half old obituaries and the little thing they hand out at the funeral. All copied and posted. :thumbs: Today is scanning things I won't post but that have significance beyond the other things...doctor's report on the death of his gma in 1948 (in hind sight, the same cancer that took his mom a few weeks ago), old deeds, wills, military records and such. Much to learn and save away for future generations. :) For years we asked questions that nobody answered. Once his dad came in and mom was telling us her grandma's name, he actually growled when he heard. She stopped talking at once! (her gma was born out of wedlock) My mom's family is in printed books that can be purchased on both sides and go back for 16 and 20 generations. My dad wanted mom to follow his, until he found out there was some ugly history. Then he was done with it. No more research. :facepalm: DH and I have followed both sides of his family and my father's back a long way. We enjoy the new discoveries even when they aren't things people expected to find. :)

Reactions: daleron

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Good morning lurkers :wub::wub::wub:

I doubt they will Dale, but that's ok I do it for DH. He loves all that history and the only way he can have it all is if I copy it. Everyone will want some of the pics, none will want all, all would complain someone else got too much. This is the easiest way.;) Yesterday was old pics and news clippings, the last half old obituaries and the little thing they hand out at the funeral. All copied and posted. :thumbs: Today is scanning things I won't post but that have significance beyond the other things...doctor's report on the death of his gma in 1948 (in hind sight, the same cancer that took his mom a few weeks ago), old deeds, wills, military records and such. Much to learn and save away for future generations. :) For years we asked questions that nobody answered. Once his dad came in and mom was telling us her grandma's name, he actually growled when he heard. She stopped talking at once! (her gma was born out of wedlock) My mom's family is in printed books that can be purchased on both sides and go back for 16 and 20 generations. My dad wanted mom to follow his, until he found out there was some ugly history. Then he was done with it. No more research. :facepalm: DH and I have followed both sides of his family and my father's back a long way. We enjoy the new discoveries even when they aren't things people expected to find. :)
    Good morning Bobbi :wub:
    Don't have a whole lot of family history here but what little I do have is on my mother's father's family ... none of it good :D At least we know why we are/were the way we are ;)

It's grocery shopping day :rolleyes:

Reactions: balwin

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    I ticked off dad's sisters a few years ago. The "story" was great grandpa changed his name from Ouston to Johnson after coming to America. Johnson being the name of his employer... Grandma's maiden name was Harriet DeEtta Johnson... as it happened so was her grandma's before she married... her son born out of wedlock was a Johnson, her husband was Ouston... who married 2 more women with children born out of wedlock... after each previous wife died mysteriously after giving him a child or 2, each time keeping the children born to him and sending the child she came with packing... not the story they wanted to hear.:lol: Sometimes, the truth only hurts if you let it! :facepalm:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I ticked off dad's sisters a few years ago. The "story" was great grandpa changed his name from Ouston to Johnson after coming to America. Johnson being the name of his employer... Grandma's maiden name was Harriet DeEtta Johnson... as it happened so was her grandma's before she married... her son born out of wedlock was a Johnson, her husband was Ouston... who married 2 more women with children born out of wedlock... after each previous wife died mysteriously after giving him a child or 2, each time keeping the children born to him and sending the child she came with packing... not the story they wanted to hear.:lol: Sometimes, the truth only hurts if you let it! :facepalm:
    And I just find that interesting ;)

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    I did too. I thought it was cool to find the information (including his descendants questioning if they were all natural deaths or...) on line. :lol:

I just found the earliest pre-nuptual agreement I have ever seen, between his grandfather and his 2nd wife. 1951! Both had land and farms and obviously felt they wanted their own children to inherit them. :?:

All sort of interesting discoveries. His grandmother's medical file basically tells me that she died of the same thing her daughter-in-law (DH's mom) just died from. Also paper's that make it appear mom's sister-in-law may well have died of the same thing. The diagnosis and bills are interesting in hind-sight.

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I did too. I thought it was cool to find the information (including his descendants questioning if they were all natural deaths or...) on line. :lol:

I just found the earliest pre-nuptual agreement I have ever seen, between his grandfather and his 2nd wife. 1951! Both had land and farms and obviously felt they wanted their own children to inherit them. :?:

All sort of interesting discoveries. His grandmother's medical file basically tells me that she died of the same thing her daughter-in-law (DH's mom) just died from. Also paper's that make it appear mom's sister-in-law may well have died of the same thing. The diagnosis and bills are interesting in hind-sight.
    Well ... it was a little "creepy" too :laugh:

Bet those old bills were interesting :?: I think it was my brother's birth that cost mom & dad $25 dollars ... course dad was in the Navy at the time ;)

I have a chipmunk!!!! :w00t: He's sooooo cute, running around on our deck! :D

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    :lol::lol::lol: It's a lot creepy! None of them lived very darn long.

I love chipmunks and squirrels, sat on mom's front porch and watched them a lot the last few weeks. :)

Our boys were almost free. Army we paid for my meals, so less than $10.00 :thumbs: Who knew that was the cheap part! o_O
    Boy :?: Mine sure weren't that cheap :blink:

Guess what night it is? ;)

ncis-cast-photo.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread