Status
Not open for further replies.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Looks like my hunks-o-wood I mailed Vaughan are lost somewhere in New Zealand....unbelievable....:cry:

Very sorry to hear that inspects and I certainly feel your pain. Lost a nice block myself even though USPS was showing it delivered to my box. It sucks when you have your face set for something only to be let down by inefficiency. Sometimes our postal system is a crap shoot at best...:nah:

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Vaughan is trying to track them down...the last message from USPS was "Out for delivery" in New Zealand... Oct 5th.
It has been found, they need to pass on some info now so we can get it out of customs, so happy it isn't lost! Loopy's brass is moving very slowly, they must have sent it sea freight or something. That's the worst thing about being tucked away on the bottom of the earth!

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
It has been found, they need to pass on some info now so we can get it out of customs, so happy it isn't lost! Loopy's brass is moving very slowly, they must have sent it sea freight or something. That's the worst thing about being tucked away on the bottom of the earth!
Another reason to plan early if using your own blocks.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
The brick again, this shape is 'just off the wall', rounded but still 'blocky'. The delrin caps are great, polishes to black gloss, and as strong and stable as possible without being solid metal. I have coated the inside with marine epoxy, and it has worked out so well that this will be the standard internal finish from now on. It is full gloss and at around .25mm thick is perfectly juiceproof.

Ready for finish tomorrow.
brick 3 005.JPG
brick 3 006.JPG
brick 3 007.JPG
brick 3 008.JPG

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
The brick again, this shape is 'just off the wall', rounded but still 'blocky'. The delrin caps are great, polishes to black gloss, and as strong and stable as possible without being solid metal. I have coated the inside with marine epoxy, and it has worked out so well that this will be the standard internal finish from now on. It is full gloss and at around .25mm thick is perfectly juiceproof.

Ready for finish tomorrow.
View attachment 498222 View attachment 498223 View attachment 498224 View attachment 498225

I have to agree with Blue Snake.....:hubba::hubba::hubba:

The Brick is out is this world.:wub::)

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Yep, I dig the corner squonk port as well.

Vaughan, is the plan to start offering these? If so, I may just have to change my thoughts for the next one although I'm still thinking jellybean.
If I do it once I can do it again, and the process is the same (except for the prep on the blank). I am thinking of other designs to laminate too, buckeye burl laminated blanks would be wild...

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
If I do it once I can do it again, and the process is the same (except for the prep on the blank). I am thinking of other designs to laminate too, buckeye burl laminated blanks would be wild...

I'm going to end up in the poor house if you keep this up Vaughan.:)

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle

Thanks Vaughan, food for thought. What would the block dimensions need to be for the brick?

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Same guy as the block I posted, the most vibrant colors I've seen, that one is a bit too purple for me, but it is gorgeous non the less.

I'm trying to get a hold of him and maybe stop by his place next trip home to Georgia.
He is in Macon

Sort'a already knew. Didn't want to burst your bubble when you were trying to snag the other one...;)

Thinking it would look incredible with double silver and a black stripe. :shock:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread