Dual 18650 in parallel with an sx350 60w

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColbeWan

Dec 21, 2014
usa
Hello all,
I have made quite a few mods before, so I am not exactly a beginner.
For my last project I made a single 18650 with sx350 60w, and I love this thing.
For my next project I want to make a dual 18650 in parallel with the same chip.
I have most of what I think I need from previous projects:
1. Dual 18650 battery sled with the correct contacts
2. A good firing button
4. A hammond 1590b box
5. Might get a screen bezel from shapeways (if i can stand to wait that long!)
6. I was planning on buying a 510 connector from faddyvapes, but I think I might just get one from varitube since thats where I'm going to get the chip anyway.

But I digress, I was doing a moc set up and it doesn't look like the screen/chip is going to be able to fit on the face place like I intended, then I thought I would just put it on the side below the firing button, but even then, it seems like it's going to be a tight squeeze. And I don't want to get the mini j chip because I don't want to have to set this thing up in series, and add the bigger balancing charger. I have no intention of even getting close to 100 watts or even need/want the temp control option.
So, my question I guess I'm trying to ask is: Has anyone else done the same mod as I'm attempting to do and have any pointers for the screen placement in this box?
Thanks in advance.

Reactions: javafreak

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
I don't use an sx350 chip but I goggled it and think you can layout like my mech and slip the chip either parallel to the batteries on the side or under the sled itself. My box is not the same as yours but measures extremely similar, 11cm x 6cm x 2cm inside.

99cf25e7e62df430c4f726b9b87271f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ColbeWan

Dec 21, 2014
usa
Yeah, the sx350 is a bit bigger than your chip. So I won't be able to place it in the same spot as yours. I think Iv gotten the placement right for what my idea is in the 1590B. I want to put the button on the side about where your middle finger is in your pic, and put the screen on the side as well, about where your ring finger is. But now I'm trying to see if it even possible to put it into a 1590G. But thank you very much for your suggestion! And for being the only person to have actually posted back so far! I was under the impression that I might have to go at this alone..

ColbeWan

Dec 21, 2014
usa
And I just realized that your coil is 9.90Ω's????? Either your chip isn't reading right or... How the heck did you cram that many wraps into your tank???
Im guessing you got those magnets from fatdaddyvapes. How well do they hold in your opinion? I'm on the fence about getting some. Since I'm going to be charging my mod through the usb, I don't exactly need to get into the box. But it would be nice to show off the build to people who ask about it during the day.

Last edited:

javafreak

Aug 13, 2015
Earth
I just rewired up this mech mod with some coper solid core and haven't connected the sensor wires for the meter yet that's why it reads 9.90! LOL.

Magnets I got it from Muji (i'm located in Singapore), so unsure if you have that brand there. It's a japanese store.

My preference for any mod I make is for magnetic cover so its easy to pry open it and use an external charger. I'm not a big fan of USB on board charging as it's the weakest link usually.

Be careful with a button that comes on the side. If yours is big and deep, it may extend far into the space and conflict with your battery sled. I got around this by placing the button on the front instead which is my preference with this size of case anyway. Perfect for my fingers to hit the fire button. I added a manual on/off switch inside so the button doesn't accidentally fire.

Picture in next post.

ColbeWan

Dec 21, 2014
usa
Yeah my button isn't as big as yours seems, I'v done 2 builds with the button on the side before with a DNA30 and another build with a DNA40. Since then I have been able to find and even smaller battery sled. The only issue was if i was going to have enough room for the sx350 board since it has a much bigger footprint than the dna's, but I finally found another post of someone who has done the build I was planning on. I'm gonna put the button on the opposite side along with board. My battery sled is smaller than his as well. He also managed to get a 1 AMP charging board in there , but I'm just going to go with the original charger that comes with it, like i did in my last single 18650 build.
Images on next post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread