Anybody Using A Kabuki?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
In the Netherlands, where I live, those rules already apply...and I can tell you, yes it makes a big difference.
We cannot buy any liquid with nic in containers bigger than 10ml...so no Muffin man etc. as they only come in big containers (some shops put them in 10ml container, but that makes it quite expensive). Also no buying of Nic base for DIY....

For most tanks we rely on purchases abroad as we can indeed not buy any bigger than 2ml locally...this adds to our transportation and tax costs.

So it's a big PITA. For now we can live with it because we can just shop over the border in a fellow EU country...but after the 1st of May we are royally screwed....

Strange thing is: we can buy all and any type of Mod we want...just not the tanks or liquids...
I think a Mechanical device in the hands of an ignorant is for more dangerous than a tank with larger contents...but than again, what do I know :(

So I am stocking up big time :D
...and the lack of higher nicotine means many people will not be able to stop smoking (I used 28mg initially) or will have to go the 'cloud chaser' route and that won't suit many - wouldn't have helped me quit. (What also really annoys me is the amount of landfill that will be generated by the 10ml bottles). There will be all sorts of other testing requirements which are seemingly impossible to fulfil (e.g. proven regulated dose of nicotine per draw). And all of this is considered a 'light touch' by the EU :facepalm:

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
Just wanted to pop in here and say 'hey'...late to the party but better late than never. ;)

Got a couple of Kabuki's arriving at the end of the month...quite excited about trying them. Even more so as I read through the first half of this thread last night. Will go back to reading now. :)

:toast:

kates

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
United Kingdom
Just wanted to pop in here and say 'hey'...late to the party but better late than never. ;)

Got a couple of Kabuki's arriving at the end of the month...quite excited about trying them. Even more so as I read through the first half of this thread last night. Will go back to reading now. :)

You'll love them I'm sure :toast:

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

Sam, I love mine to the point it is the *only* tank (topper of any kind) that I have used since getting mine 2 or so months ago (am bad on dates here, when Provape first released the P3 version). A number of us vape it at an even lower wattage than on a Nauti (8 watts here).

Siam Diesel

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
Thailand
www.thailandvapers.com
A number of us vape it at an even lower wattage than on a Nauti (8 watts here).
I saw that last night. My current sweet spot with the Nautis is 11-12 watts. Will try lower...like the idea of longer battery life. :thumbs:

voodoo6

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2015
Got mine and I am still learning the ins and outs. Looks exactly like the one on the right. I noticed that I had to make the throw on the switch like you have it in order to get my Kabuki to fire. Only messed with it a little bit yesterday but it seemed to be on the light side with the 1.6 coil may need to look up cisco spec. Is there anything else I am missing when using the Z2 connection? Does the washer that comes with the Z2 need to be used in the switch?

That's pretty much all I run now is DX350's and Kabukies...
full

Can't really compare them to any rebuildibles as I haven't used any since finding these tanks lol...

Left-to-right:
- The Geisha with ZFO Reserve Black Ice - Really great device! Aluminum Graphite body tube w/ aluminum switch housing and aluminum graphite switch really hits better than any other DX350.
- Nickel Plated Brass HOH Custom w/ Zens Private Stash Real Menthol - My pride and joy, my "Sunday Go-To-Meeting" device :D
- SS DX350 w/ ZFO Reserve Berry Menthol - My work horse, kick'en around, bring it to work, beat it up device...

Zen~

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2010
Spencerport, NY
Got mine and I am still learning the ins and outs. Looks exactly like the one on the right. I noticed that I had to make the throw on the switch like you have it in order to get my Kabuki to fire. Only messed with it a little bit yesterday but it seemed to be on the light side with the 1.6 coil may need to look up cisco spec. Is there anything else I am missing when using the Z2 connection? Does the washer that comes with the Z2 need to be used in the switch?

The washer, when placed under the switch screw will shorten the throw of the switch... it IS a subtle vape with the 1.6Ω and is designed as being a flavor tester at that resistance... the 1.5 and 1.0 Ciscos vape a bit hotter.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
For Europe, I plan on putting a delrin sleeve on the chimney of the Kabuki that will reduce the internal volume of the tank... the clever people will know what to do next.

Zen, you really ARE all about the vapers (bout the vapers.. bout the vapers ......)

That's very koolio.

Loverly, truly. Just my style, too.

voodoo6

Verified Member
Oct 7, 2015
The washer, when placed under the switch screw will shorten the throw of the switch... it IS a subtle vape with the 1.6Ω and is designed as being a flavor tester at that resistance... the 1.5 and 1.0 Ciscos vape a bit hotter.

thanks Zen. I love the fact that you are active on the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread