Status
Not open for further replies.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
The HG2s are pretty sweet. My experience with my first one: With my dual coil .4 ohm Manta, I pulled the battery after 5ml, and the battery voltage was still at 3.7 on my multi meter.
Was that on the first cycle of the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spydro

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
There is buzz lately about LG's HG2 LG HG2 Review (20A, 3000mAh) – 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

"Conclusion
In the beginning I claimed the HG2 may be the best high-drain battery available right now. Unfortunately the cell I tested does not quite meet its mark at 3000mAh. It however does clock in at 2960mAh.

Even if we call it a 2900mAh, or a 2800mAh battery - it still surpasses the Samsung 25R (2500mAh) and the LG HE2 (2500mAh).

There are cases which this can be shown wrong, in particular in high-drain tests at 20A which I did not perform. It is however, highly unlikely that the capacity will be effected enough so that it can not exceed 2500mAh.

It is for that reason I am fairly comfortable claiming the HG2 is quite a beast, and I crown it as the current king of high-drain."
Battery Bro gettin paaaaid.

Last edited:

ancient puffer

EX PV Collector
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Virginia, USA
Be that as it may, I've had mine for 17 days now, and they appear to be holding above 3.7 even better than the AW IMR 18650's/1600 mAH that I was using. I vape them a full 24 hours (@1.4-1.6 ohms) each, and they're still at 3.81(ish) when I swap them out. YMMV, but I, for one, am sold on them.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Having recently acquired 2 HG2s and just before that purchased 8 30Q's I can say that the HG2 is superior. I can vape 8-9ml at 26.5 watts and when I pull the battery it's at 3.8. The 30Q gets about 3-4 ml in the same setup.

So I ordered more HG2s. Thanks to sloth for the pro tips.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Having recently acquired 2 HG2s and just before that purchased 8 30Q's I can say that the HG2 is superior. I can vape 8-9ml at 26.5 watts and when I pull the battery it's at 3.8. The 30Q gets about 3-4 ml in the same setup.

So I ordered more HG2s. Thanks to sloth for the pro tips.

+1 more on the Sloth.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I would really like to see pics of these new batteries in a REO. In the Grand and in the Woodvil. Also would like to see the difference in them in button top and flat.

I know my Samsung 25R button tops work in my Woodvils but are just too long for me to feel safe in the Grand. The flat tops give me marginal security in case of a short. Not much spring left to drop.

Reactions: CMD-Ky

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Don't have any buttons left to compare, but maybe this will help a little...

Here's an LG HG 2 side by side with Samsung 25R and new version VTC-5. Negligible difference in size - not even 1 mm.
LG size 1.jpg

Here's the LG in a 2015 woodvil
LG size 2.jpg

I realize that spring looks REALLY squished. It's not that bad - here's a closeup...
LG spring.jpg

And here's side by side, LG in a Grand, and Sammy in the Woodvil.
Baby blue only looks taller because it STARTS higher in a Woodvil...
LG size 3.jpg

Again - I know spring looks really compressed here, but I'm pretty sure I'd know if it dropped. Honestly, the only time I truly shorted something, I knew :eek: and reacted so fast that the spring didn't have to drop. :cool:

I would really like to see pics of these new batteries in a REO. In the Grand and in the Woodvil. Also would like to see the difference in them in button top and flat.

I know my Samsung 25R button tops work in my Woodvils but are just too long for me to feel safe in the Grand. The flat tops give me marginal security in case of a short. Not much spring left to drop.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Glad to see I'm not insane - makes me feel better knowing so many of you have tried these now and agree about them. I love them. The great thing IMO is how they stand up to .3 ohm coils I often run. I can get most of the way through a bottle, and by the time I'm swapping bottles for sake of easier squonking, the battery is around 3.75-3.8 and so I swap bottles and batteries together. I was going through 2 AWs in the same time period on these coils.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Glad to see I'm not insane - makes me feel better knowing so many of you have tried these now and agree about them. I love them. The great thing IMO is how they stand up to .3 ohm coils I often run. I can get most of the way through a bottle, and by the time I'm swapping bottles for sake of easier squonking, the battery is around 3.75-3.8 and so I swap bottles and batteries together. I was going through 2 AWs in the same time period on these coils.

Thinking about running them in all my 18650 Reos, Woodvil's and Grands, and the 2 CAM-MS's coming that will use 4 at a time. Have 8 for the 4 2015 Woodvil's, so would need to buy a bunch more of them (need 8 more just for the CAM's alone). Unlike some here who fiddle faddle about it, I don't have any problems running other flat tops I have in the Grands that also compress the spring less than the button tops do. I never polish any contacts in any of my Reos, they've never needed it. I keep them clean, and starting about a year ago use DeoxIt D100L & G100L on them occasionally.

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

camerajunkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2013
United States
I have been running 4 of these in 4 Woodies for 2+ days, all with .5 to .6 Nuppin' builds (a single, a dual and 2 high center parallel coils), and agree with the Sloth that they have staying power well beyond any of my other batts bar none. I see at least another 8 of them and running them in all 6 18650 Woodvil's.
The hg2's, Samsung 25rs, and Sony vtc4s are great options!! I use both Samsung and Sony right now, but have heard nothing but good stuff about the hg2s!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JC Okie

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Reactions: RuDawg7890

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
Are the LG's available in a button top? I have 25r's for flat tops but with a new Grand coming I didn't want to use the flat tops.

Order a bunch of the small door magnets from reosmods and put 1 on top of ea battery and forget about it. :) proven to work and work well!

In the mean time use some deoxit gold on the battery top and possitive contact. Or just the batt and it will get one the contact ad you press the button ;)

Noalox will work too but is messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread