Footoon Aqua FX - coil-head tank and RTA; top fill; 3ml and 5ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe A

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Collingswood, NJ
I retried with 28awg Ni200. Having a hard time getting the resistance I ought to 7 or 8 wraps and its saying 0.24 which can't be right. I did find that it was a lot easier to build the second one compared to the first but I still need a lot more practice.
It'll be interesting to see the different variations people are able to create with it once its more accessible.

Are the leads in the rear of the c-clamp. U wraps and I M at .082 and it isn't moving. I have it a little squeeze with some pliers too.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Mine showed up today and overall it's nice tank. Everything on my tank was over tightened, I needed to break out the rubber gloves to take the tank apart. Once I got it apart everything went back together nicely and the machining is overall pretty nice.

I immediately pulled apart the first coil to take a look at the factory build and see how easy they were to rebuild. The coil looked like it was wrapped in gauze and a fiberglass type material. It definitely wasn't KGD or something similar. Rebuilding the coil took a couple minutes, overall it was pretty easy. I can't remember who suggested it in this thread but I used one piece of KGD, slid the coil in and finished the cotton wrap.

4mm 26ga build with 5 wraps came out to 1 ohm. I going with 24ga next build.

Man....I've tried about 4 times rebuilding FICS. Ended up breaking a C clip in half.
every coil I tried with kenthal, resistance jumps around way too much so I'm thinking there is a hotspot or two on the coil.
The most frustrating thing is that there is NO WAY to dry burn the coil and get the hotspots out (unless I'm a dumbass)

Get the FICS assembled and screw it on the base without any wicks, burn the coil to red hot, quickly unscrew the topcap of FICS, and put in the wrapping rod through it to get hotspot?

I see Footoon has a thing to hold Ceramic+C_clip and dry burn in one of his videos though. I asked him on FB but haven't got a reply yet.

I wanna love this tank. I really do.

Couldn't you just leave the leads of the coil a little long and use any random old RDA to fire and check for even glow, remove, bend the legs and place in FICS? I don't own an FX yet so not sure if that will work, just trying to help.

You. You are a genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
My thoughts & findings so far:
I had issues with Ω being WAY higher than they should've been. My 1st build used 26awg and worked fine, but it seemed to make the c-clips less snug when using thinner 28awg wire afterwards. I noticed a small divot in the c-clip opposite from where the opening to the "C" is & thought it was causing a less than snug fit with the wire. So, I twisted the c-clip a smidge to one side so it made tighter contact with the wire. That fixed it.

Initially I thought using cotton bacon seemed to wick so well it had a tendency to flood, but I think its because I close the air intake down so much I'm flooding it that way.

In an attempt to tighten up the draw, I cut a segment of an o-ring and inserted it into the air intake, but this seemed to make it more prone to flooding probably for the same reason (tighter draw = more juice force fed into coil = gurgly flood). There's got to be a way to reduce the air flow & hopefully without inducing flooding. Maybe reducing air intake by lets say 50% means I should also reduce the juice well intake by the same?

I know it seems like most vapers these days are all about as airy a draw as possible to chase clouds, but I've never been into that. I prefer flavor to clouds.
[Rant: As a matter of fact, I actually dislike blowing clouds. Filling rooms making it hard to see clearly especially in direct sunlight, making a spectacle when out & about (when I'd prefer to be incognito) & causing me to have to scrub the hell out of my windshield to remove interior perma-fog... if I can avoid it I would.]

The other thing I notice with the FX is that it seems to get pretty damn hot when chain vaping. Guess I ought to slow down, but damn.

I honestly, keep using it for awhile but then end up going back to my squape for the tighter draw and phenomenal flavor. I want to love the FX. I love that it can be filled so easily & literally 5 seconds to fill the 5ml tank. Coil wrapping is different but totally doable. Hopefully the airiness can be slimmed down somehow.

Last edited:

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I continue to use mine but I am less then impressed with this tank. I own two V2's that I really like and had high hopes but I think this tank is a miss. As mentioned already the O-rings are soft and rip pretty easily. The vapor quality is so-so but building is really pretty simple.

Damn shame because it's a decent looking tank.

Sptz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I agree this is not an Aqua V3. If you are looking for something similar to a V2 or SE this is not a similar vape. I use two different juices throughout the day, a Double RY4 and a Tobacco cotton candy mix. It is difficult to tell which one is which with this tank.

Yep, flavor is lacking substantially compared to the V2 or SE. Plus it's quite a cold vape, it's cloud chasing only basically, I hate what this industry is becoming to be honest when even class modders like Footoon release crap like this.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
Just looked through the entire thread and got really excited with the nice looks and 'tinkerability' factor, kinda like rebuilding Atlantis coils but better! Then reality bites and you guys summed it up real well..my bubble burst, another cloud chasing, juice guzzling fussy rta without great flavor- got plenty of those already :facepalm:

What happened to the OP's review I wonder? Really wanted this one to be the business:(

I tried screwing it to the V2 base and it threads but doesn't go all the way down :(

Sorry man. Footoon originally had a plan to make a separate bigger tank for SE but he scratched it because of low sales (I asked him on FB)

That was the thing with V2 also. Tank felt a little too small for me having to refill 2-3 times a day.

From what it looks like, FX won't be a homerun like Aqua V1 & V2 (despite him getting &$&ked by "authentic" clone) were.

Maybe you could still use FX tank on V2 by filling it from top, closing topcap half way, hold it upside down, and screwing on the rest of topcap.

Enjoy your V2. Hopefully he will come out with V3 soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smokewell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Cyprus
Rebuild the FICS today with Nife48 and rayon. Coiling is very easy, hardest part is fitting the c clips back. Wicking is a bit harder because you want the cartridge to fit inside the tube but doable. 5-6 min I was done. Resistance seems fine. A bit better flavor but not by much. The least flavor of every tank I have, this makes the Squape seem like a flavor able tank, lol.
Boxer 350J, 0.00405. 24J, 220C.

Last edited:
I just won an Aqua FX in a contest that Richard Ng held last month. I sent him my details last night, so once I receive it, I intend to do a full video of it and a tutorial on how to rebuild the coils. Definitely NOT beginner friendly. . Right now, it's in the US for about $50 to $60 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread