I've heard a lot of success stories....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
I had a professor in collage explain that the easiest way to break the habit of smoking was to simply "close your eyes every time you started to take a puff, and keep them closed until after you have exhaled."

Wow, it does make some sense to me. Good explanation, I will try to close my eyes every time from now on!

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
Slowly...without withdrawal frustration, I am now at 3mg. Sometimes I forget to vape and sometimes I purposely go out to the front porch, sit in the rocker, and vape.

This gives me hope. I really don't want to stay nicotine addict for the rest of my life, and I don't enjoy vaping all day either, I mean there's other things to do in life, right? If I could just enjoy an occasional vape now and then as a treat, my life would be perfect. At least I stay away from sweets and won't gain too much weight while trying to quit...

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
The flavors should be fine..and the nic after a year as long as the containers are full with little or no air in them should be ok...they may have a little more "nic" flavor now than when you put them away especially if there's air in the bottles...but the nic will still be good.

Well, I did store 100 ml in a glass container, but was afraid to put it in the freezer in case it would crack. And I have another 100ml in plastic which was never opened. All the mixed juices are stored in 10ml plastic bottles, and they've all become quite dark. I smoke one of them now, and agree the taste is more harsh now. but the nicotine level stays the same more or less, I guess?

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
The flavor that I found that seems most like smoking is no flavor at all..."unflavored".

Oh, and stay away from apple crumb cake.
Oh no, apple crumb cake is my favourite! And we have apples in the garden too...

I really enjoy my vape being flavourful, but will easily try this "unflavoured" too out of curiosity. Where do I get this juice? Or do I simply vape base vg/pg with nic and nothing else in it?

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
The best advice i can give is to finish whatever cigarettes you have and stop buying them. When i felt cravings, i bought vapegear instead, looking for a better vape.

Yeah, I never really decided to quit smoking officially, mainly because I'm afraid to fail and realize that I might not be able to... But now I'm really sick of it, been smoking since I was fourteen, and my health is not getting better with age!

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
No worries about cracking in the freezer... E-Liquid components actually stay liquid and shrink when stored in the freezer as opposed to water which of course turns solid and expands.
Cool! I did not know.

It seems I'll probably be needing a prescription from my doctor to order safely now, I better stack up some liquid fast before it is totally prohibited or something.

BTW, could I still use my panasonic NCR18650PF from almost a year ago? I think some of them were charged then, my last used batteries I threw away.

Last edited:

Danbrooks2k

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2013
Pensacola, Florida
I am a paramedic, I have transported lots of chronic terminal respiratory patients. caused by smoking....

Many patients with blood pressure problems that turn into a stroke and paralysis and the inability to speak, function normally or use the bathroom. Heart attacks or cardiac arrest not cause specifically from smoking but certainly made worse by 30 40 50 years of smoking.

I am sure having a hole in your trachea, chronic COPD requiring you to carry oxygen, or being bed bound cant be that bad though. Chemotherapy that makes you so sick you cant get out of bed. A foley catheter inserted in your urethra so you can urinate, and adult diaper for the rest.

hey, have another cigarette and blame it on loosing a charger , or forgetting that vaping is awesome... Read this post again? Remember why smoking is a bad idea?

Do you hate your family? Despise your wife, kids, parents, siblings? If so smoke extra so they can watch your health deteriorate before you die a slow, painful death... That will teach em!

Do the right thing ...

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Mine was different but similar. I started with cigalikes to cut back on my smoking back in 2012. It was a fad that lasted about 2 packs of cartridges then the batteries wouldn't fire anymore. Back to my old buddy full time. In 2013 I tried an ego style my brother in law had and it was much better but still only helped me cut back just a little. I got my own variable voltage ego setup but changed to evod tanks. It was a little better. I found this forum and a start up juice company had a thread about his flavors so I tried a cherry tobacco bottle at 18 mg nicotine. Within a week I was preferring that over cigarettes so I ordered a bottle of menthol tobacco from him, same strength. In about 2 weeks, though I wasn't trying to quit totally, I had finished my last smoke and didn't go buy anymore. I didn't smoke for about 6 months, tried different batteries, tanks, juices, etc until I got sick and couldn't cough up the phlegm. I smoked 1 cigarette and this green Styrofoam like crap started coming up gang busters for about a week. Then it stopped being productive so I smoked another analog with the same Styrofoam like stuff coming up for about a week but it wasn't green anymore. Anyway after that second one I didn't wait a week but instead within a month was back to smoking full time, the vaper just didn't work anymore. I think it was because I had dropped to 0 nicotine.
I recently went to my local vape shop just to see how things had changed and wow they sure have. I was intrigued by plug-n-play ability and temp control at a reasonable price so I got an ileaf 40w battery and 2 ego1 tc tanks and a couple bottles of juice. Used to be you had to special order anything other than a 50/50 pg/vg blend when buying local (the vendor I mentioned before no longer is around here and their website shows they've only got a few flavors and no really good description of them our reviews) but what I've bought was stock at 30pg/70vg so the taste and hits have been much smoother without the need to drink gallons of water per hour practically.
I'm down to 2 analogs a day, from a pack a day, in under a month. The only hard part has been going through the taste buds going into shock again and the mouth sores I got. With less pg they were much less than the first time I started vaping more than just a whim.
For me the hardest part is the ones I smoked before that I didn't think about. Loading the kayak in the truck before was a cigarette during the process, without even thinking about it. Today it was like I was forgetting to pack something until it dawned on me what was missing was I wasn't smoking.
Like before I'm not going to be in a hurry, set some goal that'll cause me to think about smokes, but instead just let it come on its own. Today I didn't want my cigarette with coffee, instead vaped some Capn Krunk at 6mg of nicotine instead. With the temp control I had to cut back from 9mg to 6 . I tried dropping to 3 but I knew within a day I'd dropped too far so I mixed some 12 and 3 to a ratio that gave me 6 instead of 9mg of nicotine.
Anyway, I'm one that if I set a firm limit on when I'm going to quit totally I'll end up smoking more. It's just in my rebellious DNA or something.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Reactions: Hotarubi

Hotarubi

Oct 12, 2015
Anyway, I'm one that if I set a firm limit on when I'm going to quit totally I'll end up smoking more. It's just in my rebellious DNA or something.

Yeah, I'm afraid I am the same too. I still struggle hard with the first teacup in the morning, then the one right after dinner and before going to bed.
Good story, and good luck to us both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread