eVic-VT mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
Can someone summarize what the issue is? I have the Ego One Mega and since my hardware (and software) version is 1.10 I can test with the titanium coil and give feedback to see if it is still happening. I haven't received my titanium wire from FT yet so I can't test outside of premade coils for TC.
See if that coil head can keep up with wicking, they tend to have problems..and my FT titanium is completely unusable way to springy..if i make a coil on a 2.5mm its gonna be like a 4mm as soon as i let go of the wire..:/

Reactions: Nick N

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
+1 for temp issues with evic mini. From the UK with hardware v1.3 and firmware v1.10. Been through numerous posts on ecf and Joyetech and tried all the suggestions there. Using ego one tank and clr ti coils, 3 different rts's and 2 rda all with grade 1 ti wire. Bottom line as soon as devices sleeps it drops the base resistance it doesn't matter if it's locked or not and results in an anemic vape. Also I have noticed that it is reading the temperature incorrectly at this point as the screen displays a much higher starting temp after a screen time out. If you remove atty, screw back on and select new coil it needs temperature cranking right down as base resistance is taken from hot coil but after sleep it does same again. Looks like I'm stuck with another vw mod for time being.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I know there are lots of complaints about this device but let me share my story.

After having this device for almost a week, mine also lowers the resistance, but not enough for an anemic vape. With a subtank and nickel coil (.15 written on head) it registers .15 when first powered up and I had to lower temp for 350-380 because it was real hot for me. After a few minutes use, I let it sit for a 1/2 hour. It ended up refining down to .14 and I needed to bump up the temp to a more normal 450 and it vapes fantastic. Hasn't moved since (been 4 days). Vape is fantastic for me. I have it set at 40W and will typically throttle down to ~20W during my vape to maintain 450. Just excellent.

For what it's worth both my DNA 40 mods behaved the same way. Always refining +- .01 after initial setup. Neither of my DNA 40 mods have the resistance lock feature but it doesn't matter.

After the initial refinement, resistance doesn't move again on any of my devices, VTC included. I chalk it up as a coil simply settling in, while it is first cooling down along side the internal mod temps.

So I guess not all of us are having really bad problems.

mc8

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Slovenia
That's odd. Had a look on kidney puncher test and they look like the usable capacity is more like 1900mah. Isn't this the lg battery that is most suggested lately?
http://www.kidneypuncher.com/18650-battery-tests/

Edit: How many cycles do you have on it?
I don't know, either thats a newer one, or many sites are giving wrong info. Quick google search shows a lot of 20A HG2's, but there are also few that state its a 35A? Anyhow, will keep an eye on further results, but so far really impressed with over a year old vtc :)

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
I know there are lots of complaints about this device but let me share my story.

After having this device for almost a week, mine also lowers the resistance, but not enough for an anemic vape. With a subtank and nickel coil (.15 written on head) it registers .15 when first powered up and I had to lower temp for 350-380 because it was real hot for me. After a few minutes use, I let it sit for a 1/2 hour. It ended up refining down to .14 and I needed to bump up the temp to a more normal 450 and it vapes fantastic. Hasn't moved since (been 4 days). Vape is fantastic for me. I have it set at 40W and will typically throttle down to ~20W during my vape to maintain 450. Just excellent.

For what it's worth both my DNA 40 mods behaved the same way. Always refining +- .01 after initial setup. Neither of my DNA 40 mods have the resistance lock feature but it doesn't matter.

After the initial refinement, resistance doesn't move again on any of my devices, VTC included. I chalk it up as a coil simply settling in, while it is first cooling down along side the internal mod temps.

So I guess not all of us are having really bad problems.

If only mine worked like that. Set mine to 230°c at 35w all calibrated at room temp and it's great. When it goes to sleep on wake up it hits temp instantly and holds at around 5 watts. Also as soon as you touch fire button it shows a much higher starting temp from cold and there in lies the problem as the device thinks it's already at 180°c.

Reactions: TrollDragon

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
It's 20amp continued. Lg's datasheet http://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/hg2.pdf
But kind of a let down that the capacity is so low. I've read that they do under perform in the first cycles. I would stop using it if I wouldn't get more battery life than a battery that I was using before this one.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I don't know, either thats a newer one, or many sites are giving wrong info. Quick google search shows a lot of 20A HG2's, but there are also few that state its a 35A? Anyhow, will keep an eye on further results, but so far really impressed with over a year old vtc :)

I think it's 20A continuous and 35A pulse. Some sites use the 35A rating because we typically only vape 2-5 second draws, which may qualify as a burst for the battery.

IMO they should all sell it as a 20A battery which is what it really is.

dimo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
If only mine worked like that. Set mine to 230°c at 35w all calibrated at room temp and it's great. When it goes to sleep on wake up it hits temp instantly and holds at around 5 watts. Also as soon as you touch fire button it shows a much higher starting temp from cold and there in lies the problem as the device thinks it's already at 180°c.

Even when mine refines down it shows 70F when tapping the fire button from sleep. And also I do have to raise the temp 50-75F because it hits temp limit instantly and giving a weak vape. Luckily for me it's hot on the initial setup so I don't have to bump it up to like 600 to get a decent vape after refinement.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
It's 20amp continued. Lg's datasheet http://www.nkon.nl/sk/k/hg2.pdf
But kind of a let down that the capacity is so low. I've read that they do under perform in the first cycles. I would stop using it if I wouldn't get more battery life than a battery that I was using before this one.

Funnily enough just bought 2 of these for the mini! Based on reports and a certain Mr busardo thumbs up. Cycled each 1 about 6 times and to be fair there no better than the Sammy 25r I got imo.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Even when mine refines down it shows 70F when tapping the fire button from sleep. And also I do have to raise the temp 50-75F because it hits temp limit instantly and giving a weak vape. Luckily for me it's hot on the initial setup so I don't have to bump it up to like 600 to get a decent vape after refinement.

Yeah you see when I first calibrate a cold atty with it it shows 70f which gives a great vape but after sleep it shows 180ish even though it's cooled down.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Funnily enough just bought 2 of these for the mini! Based on reports and a certain Mr busardo thumbs up. Cycled each 1 about 6 times and to be fair there no better than the Sammy 25r I got imo.
This thread is accumulating more and more disappointments

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
Yeah you see when I first calibrate a cold atty with it it shows 70f which gives a great vape but after sleep it shows 180ish even though it's cooled down.
Exactly the way mine works. Running Ti in Ni mode seems to work better but straight Ti or Ni builds all suffer from that anemic vape syndrome.

I am going to the B&M where I picked up mine tonight and see what they have found out from suppliers. They will not refund or substitute so if anything I'll pick up another VTC mini with a different batch code and see how that works out. It will be good or the same and if it's the same I'll live with it and wait for a fix.

I bought this from a local B&M, you know supporting the local vaping economy and all that drivel. Buy local you'll get support they say... If this was a $30 mod where the TC didn't work quite right it would be no biggie for me, but with our Canadian dollar sucking the hind teat these days, I stupidly paid a lot more for it than that.

If I don't get a replacement or something tonight then that will be the last dollar spent in local B&M's for hardware.
Fingers crossed I come home with a shiny new black one that does not have this issue. I'd take another white one but their black versions are from a newer shipment, with my luck the newer shipment will be from a surplus of older product... :lol: :lol:

Rockwell222

Sep 21, 2015
If the B&M doesn't take it back I would do the same. This is clearly a faulty board or qc issues and more and more people are showing up with problems that all match our issues. And I also have to say these lg hg2 have replaced my 25r pretty quickly. I love these doo doo browns. Lol

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
Exactly the way mine works. Running Ti in Ni mode seems to work better but straight Ti or Ni builds all suffer from that anemic vape syndrome.

I am going to the B&M where I picked up mine tonight and see what they have found out from suppliers. They will not refund or substitute so if anything I'll pick up another VTC mini with a different batch code and see how that works out. It will be good or the same and if it's the same I'll live with it and wait for a fix.

I bought this from a local B&M, you know supporting the local vaping economy and all that drivel. Buy local you'll get support they say... If this was a $30 mod where the TC didn't work quite right it would be no biggie for me, but with our Canadian dollar sucking the hind teat these days, I stupidly paid a lot more for it than that.

If I don't get a replacement or something tonight then that will be the last dollar spent in local B&M's for hardware.
Fingers crossed I come home with a shiny new black one that does not have this issue. I'd take another white one but their black versions are from a newer shipment, with my luck the newer shipment will be from a surplus of older product... :lol: :lol:

To be fair mate that's how I've been running mine since I read ur posts earlier but we shouldn't have to settle for a half fix. Thing is ere in uk it ain't cheap either I paid £50 for it so nearly $80 but I'm getting the same rubbish from the retailers this side of the pond "that's how it works!". Fingers crossed the kanger nebox works out better than this when it turns up.

Bru2basics

Verified Member
Oct 13, 2015
If the B&M doesn't take it back I would do the same. This is clearly a faulty board or qc issues and more and more people are showing up with problems that all match our issues. And I also have to say these lg hg2 have replaced my 25r pretty quickly. I love these doo doo browns. Lol

Knowing the luck I'm having my lg hg2's are probably fakes lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread