• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Muji Cut Cotton

Status
Not open for further replies.

slacker86

Sep 15, 2015
Hi all. I just purchase a packet of muji cut cotton but notice that the cotton are pure white in colour, different from ones given when i got my subox mini, which are pale yellow/brownish with black dots. May i know anyone of you using this cotton and is it safe to use it? Please advise thank you.

Attachments

• image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 240
I had just brought the muji cut cotton also after verifying with the staff whether is it organic. Anyone can advise is it safe to use from?
I was wondering why one was yellowish and the other was white too when I went to buy a pack. The employee said yellow one unbleached, white one bleached.

painbowslash

Verified Member
Jun 13, 2015
Singapore

Yeap unbleached, but it does have pesticides, and nobody wants to be vaping nasty chemicals. Health and safety first, recommend purchasing some authentic Koh Gen Doh cotton or any other reputable organic japanese cotton, even though its a bit more expensive and harder to find.

Cotton bacon is another popular choice, but I find it a ridiculously pricey cotton, look for untreated surgical cotton, should be tasteless as well.

WarA

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2015
Wicking I can't confirm but heat resistance definately.. previous cotton I have used does burnt out too easily.. hurts my throat but used the kendo cottons for the past 2 days and haven't felt any burnt taste yet.. I am still a newbie though..

I suppose you got better in wicking:thumbs:

plumeofred

ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2014
Muji does have it. It's slightly brownish in colour the unbleached one. Not all outlets might have it though.

Another option for you guys who wanna get stuff locally is to get from Shiseido at metro or isetan or whatever the makeup place girls go to. It's about 14 bucks if I remember correctly. Just ask for facial cotton. Theirs is white but the used high water pressure to clean, not bleached so don't worry.

If you already have the bleached cotton don't waste. Either you become metrosexual and start putting toners on your face everyday and night or you can try something else.

Step 1 - Boil a pot of water.
Step 2 - Grab a bunch of the cotton and put inside the pot. Make sure everything is submerged. Stir well. Do this for about 10-15 mins.
Step 3 - Scoop all the cotton out and place into a strainer or the small container with lots of holesyour mother use to wash vegetables.
Step 4 - Once cooled just squeeze out all the water. As much as you can.
Step 5 - Lay all the semi dry cotton on a big plastic bag (trash bag). Leave for a few hours till it dries by itself. Best is to sun dry.
Step 6 - Enjoy your cotton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread