Diacetyl, Acetyl Propionyl & Acetoin

Status
Not open for further replies.

mammatus

Oct 10, 2015
United States
So obviously with these additives being pointed out as harmful, many eliquid and concentrate manufactures have been releasing independent lab reports showing concentrations. The concentrate vendor I use most often is Capella, and a vast amount of their concentrates have certification to be free of these additives, or more precisely for them all to be under 5ppm, or under 0.0005%. Is there any info on what levels are acceptable, or is the only clear cut answer 0ppm i.e. 0.0000%?

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
I went through this issue a few weeks ago because I couldn't figure out what was in the juice I was buying from the store despite my many searches. Not that I am very concerned as an ex-smoker who use to smoke tones of crap for decades, even with the knowledge of their toxicity, but vaping offers some control over what we are is in ejuices, in addition to PG/VG and nicotine. So why not using it? I ended up making my juices using DX ( diketone (Acetoin, Acetyl Propionyl) - free) flavors http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=2145&search=dx. The choices of flavors are relatively limited but I can blend some pleasant juices for very competitive prices and high quality grades base liquids. Actually, I like them better than the the one I bough so far. I also vape flavor free liquids sometime. Hope this help.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So obviously with these additives being pointed out as harmful, many eliquid and concentrate manufactures have been releasing independent lab reports showing concentrations. The concentrate vendor I use most often is Capella, and a vast amount of their concentrates have certification to be free of these additives, or more precisely for them all to be under 5ppm, or under 0.0005%. Is there any info on what levels are acceptable, or is the only clear cut answer 0ppm i.e. 0.0000%?

Here is a Link to the guidelines the ECTA uses for its Members.

http://www.ectaofcanada.com/pagedisp.php?section=E-Liquid_Testing

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Thank you for the info. The analysis is pretty through. I am wondering which ejuice manufacturers if any, perform these quantification before putting their products on the market.

They will say so on their website, as it is a selling point for many buyers...
Halo has never used such nefarious ingredients...

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
Thank you Mag!

I remember overlooking at Nude Nicotine products in my past searches. I was probably tired and finally decided to DIY with DX flavors. I am so glad that you are bringing them back to my attention. Indeed, I am quite familiar with the assays used in their analysis which are routine tests in many labs. Also, their prices a very reasonable given the fact that they provide the certificate of analysis. Great! Some manufacturers are setting some good quality standards. I'll keep them bookmarked for my next order.

Reactions: Vapntime

jessica nathan

Moved On
Nov 25, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread