Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
How old are your kids?
My boys are Ryan 21 and Daniel almost 11. The oldest one is finally in college and working too! He finally realized that his Granny wasn't gonna support him forever!
Alex will be 19 this Saturday. Chris will turn 18 in November. And my daughter just turned 21 last month.

So went to Lowes, got the 1/2 inch pipe extractor, and it doesn't fit. It grabs, but as soon as you put any force on it, it pops loose. Need to get a different size.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
So.... I'm still trying to figure out which prizes to choose for this week's mad vapes contest.

:danger:
So... it's seems typing at the azz crack o'dawn with no coffee has made me extremely loquacious and verbose this morning. Go figure.

Being a mech n00b I figured I'd run my choices past y'all first, since we have a couple of mechheads here. (Yes, @Kprthevapr I'm looking at you! [emoji14] I've seen the collection!) I would go post a thread in the mech subforum, but that would quickly turn into a zoo, and I already trust y'all!

I might even learn something! For example, which metals are better? I know copper is king, but is stainless or brass next best for voltage? And what about the ceramic coated or anodized ones? Also, I'm guessing magnet switch is better than spring and lock rings aren't just for looks.

I'm kinda out of the loop on RDAs as well as I have only ever bought 4 and hated 2. Don't really do the "cloudz, brah" thing. More of a flavor first girl, but don't like to drink it. (I tend to use a longer tip with my Derringer to fix that!)

Right now, I'm looking at:

mods- #1 Copper Phantom (although the black looks nice too and is still solid copper, but I really wish I could kill that button image...)
#2 (tie) Stainless or Brass Crystal
#2 (tie) Carbon Fiber New Yorker
#4 Novice (love the idea of a eGo sized mech)
Toppers- #1 Derringer (have one already)
#2 Freakshow Mini
#3 Trident v2? (Is this good for flavor?)​

Any opinions, advice, or "holy crap stay away from that one"? Anybody have experience with these?

I already have a basic ohm meter and a multimeter (RadioShack special), but am guessing I'll need a inline volt meter? Or just the multi will do? Any other equipment necessary?

I will say as a side note I love the colors available on the SMPLs but kinda want to stay away from hybrids for the moment. Wish I could get that green on the Phantom though!

*stops to breathe* So.... I'mma shut up now... :blink::blush:
Well, you already know copper is king ;)
As far as brass vs SS....it depends on the type of brass...which we don't know, but brass will often edge out over SS in voltage drop....but ultimately, if you aren't a clouder, voltage drop won't adversely affect you, so make your picks based on the style/look you like.
Lock rings, yes they are for more then looks, a safety feature to keep the mod from self firing in your pocket or purse etc.....

Magnet vs spring button is subjective. If you are building some really sub ohm coils, a magnet will transfer less heat....but BOTH types wear out eventually, and high heat (from cloud builds) speeds up that process......but short of a problem, both should last years.

Any of the toppers will be fine, but I chose the Nixon due to its "T" post design...easier to build dual coils, since it has two wire holes on the positive post.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Alex will be 19 this Saturday. Chris will turn 18 in November. And my daughter just turned 21 last month.

So went to Lowes, got the 1/2 inch pipe extractor, and it doesn't fit. It grabs, but as soon as you put any force on it, it pops loose. Need to get a different size.
Sooo frustrating....

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
That will be it regulating to maintain temp.......on high, you basically aren't reaching max temp by the end of your draw, so no regulation (tp...temp protection) happening...but, this will also mean if the wick isn't keeping up, you will be scorching the wick. On med. I haven't had it pulse to regulate, but I am not using a high vg juice....the stock coils for the eGo one mega tank have small juice holes, so that's probably why it's pulsing on you....wick dries out, so power cuts down.

If you get the clr coils for it, you won't have that problem, and they are designed to be re-buildable ;)

http://www.heavengifts.com/5pcs-Joyetech-eGo-One-CLR-VT-Atomizer-Ti-Head.html

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-joyetech-ego-one-clr-coil-head-5-pack

The Fasttech ones are kanthal, but rebuilding them is super.easy.

Speaking of questions...Cody, have you had any issues of output not being constant on medium setting of the VT? If I have it on high, I hear a constant sizzle....on medium, it seems to almost oscillate
That will be it regulating to maintain temp.......on high, you basically aren't reaching max temp by the end of your draw, so no regulation (tp...temp protection) happening...but, this will also mean if the wick isn't keeping up, you will be scorching the wick. On med. I haven't had it pulse to regulate, but I am not using a high vg juice....the stock coils for the eGo one mega tank have small juice holes, so that's probably why it's pulsing on you....wick dries out, so power cuts down.

If you get the clr coils for it, you won't have that problem, and they are designed to be re-buildable ;)

Reactions: redrebel821

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

I'm a.November child [emoji14]

Reactions: redrebel821

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...thentic-joyetech-ego-one-clr-coil-head-5-pack

The Fasttech ones are kanthal, but rebuilding them is super.easy.

It's the Ni coil I'm using that came with. It seems to be a better vape on high

Reactions: wvducklady
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread