Vaping in Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
It's not the cashiers either. I was purely wondering if she had the right to do that. That's all.

Yes, she does. She is employed by walmart and can make decisions for them. She can be held responsible for it. If you disagree with her you can take it up with someone higher up in the food chain.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
None of the Walmart stores I frequent have anything posted that vaping is allowed or not but with actions such as this they will very soon. I have a restaurant that frequent quite often and In the last several months the signage has changed to include e-cigarettes. Does it bother me? No! I don't vape in public buildings unless it is a bar and it is allowed.
I always ask if vaping is allowed even if I do not vape inside. I have even been asked to stop vaping when I was told I could. No worries to me though. I stopped. Nice thing about vaping. It is easier to stop pushing a button than snuffing out a freshly lit smoke.

Reactions: Moaufan

BreilaRose

Aug 22, 2015
I didn't mean to start a big debate here haha I see both sides. As I've stated I no longer vape in stores. I was just wondering if a cashier had the right to very rudely make me stop when I was breaking no laws.

Laws and rules are not the same thing. A store can have a no food or drinks policy and an employee would have every right to tell you that you can't come in with a sloppy cheeseburger and soda in hand. That doesn't mean food and drink is against the law.

Reactions: Pearl B

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
What's the point? can you not do some shopping without? No this isn't directed at the OP, but I feel we keep shooting ourselves in the foot.
It was a couple years ago. I have since learned why not to do this stuff. I do know not to now. That's why the purpose of this thread was just asking on if she could do that. Obviously she can and that's been answered. I realized what I did shouldn't have been done in the first place.

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2015
This really just comes down to ignorance, and it really can't be helped. It's going to take time. Vaping really isn't mainstream yet, and most people that don't vape simply don't understand the difference. They figure smoking is bad, and anything that can put out clouds of that size just has to be worse. In my opinion, especially considering all the advocacy issues we face, I don't think any of us should be pushing the envelope.

End of Line.

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
This really just comes down to ignorance, and it really can't be helped. It's going to take time. Vaping really isn't mainstream yet, and most people that don't vape simply don't understand the difference. They figure smoking is bad, and anything that can put out clouds of that size just has to be worse. In my opinion, especially considering all the advocacy issues we face, I don't think any of us should be pushing the envelope.
I 100% agree with that. Since then I've been an advocate for Vaping. Never pushed anything like that since. I wanna leave a good name for Vaping. I vape at my house and outside. Anywhere else I just keep it in my pocket.

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
They don't have signs saying you can't have sex on the display futon either, but I bet they would throw you out for that, too.

A little sense can go a long way.
Lol true. Although that's illegal in lawful standards too ha but yes I understand what you're saying. That's why I no longer do it.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
"
roxynoodle said:
They don't have signs saying you can't have sex on the display futon either, but I bet they would throw you out for that, too.

A little sense can go a long way."

Lol true. Although that's illegal in lawful standards too ha but yes I understand what you're saying. That's why I no longer do it.

Not sure how to take that one. :)

VapeOn88

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
"
roxynoodle said:

A little sense can go a long way."

Not sure how to take that one. :)
I was just going to clear that up haha that's why I no longer vape in stores. Not have sex in Walmart lol

XRaptureX

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2015

A little sense can go a long way.

Well sure it's illegal, but you would be a god on YouTube for at least a month. Best People of Wal-Mart meme ever!

End of Line.

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread