What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Waho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Michigan
I read something somewhere that employees in an office were complaining about the temperature. So the company installed a fake thermostat for them and they quit complaining immediately after perceiving they had control of the temperature when in fact nothing changed.

Works at home too!

The Rebel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Snuscentral has it as well and I was tempted to throw a can in my order. But the sane side of me prevailed and I passed. I don't normally use any thing stronger than General as it is, unless I'm drinking or a strong urge hits, so no sense upping my nic tolerance any more than I have already. I imagine that Siberia kicks like a mule and taste like pure gasoline.

On a different note, I tried that Autumn snus Hitt. No bad but a little sweet for my taste. Could definitely taste the pear and berries but not so much on the apple. Good dessert snus for sure. Reminded me of the Jakobsson's Melon snus.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    It was warm here again today. I called a guy today about replacing the trim on my chimney outside but he didn't call me back. Maybe tomorrow. A woodpecker tore up some of the trim and this guy said he could retrim it for 200 plus material. I would supply the paint.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Yeah, having a wood siding house, I get the woodpeckers ever once in a while. So far I've been able to discourage them before they created any damage. They certainly have enough trees around, you think they'd stick to them. I did have a funny one a few years ago in the spring. I was sitting in the living room and heard this noise from the fireplace smokestack. I wondered what it was, then I heard thrashing around in the fireplace itself.

Not knowing what kind of critter it might be, I opened the glass doors very carefully. My mind is on squirrel but it turned out to be a woodpecker. The fireplace hadn't been cleaned out so he was covered with soot. I didn't know how he'd react to me saving him so I grabbed some work gloves to reach in and hopefully get him before I had a bird flying around the house.

Fortunately, covered with crap, he wasn't difficult to nab. I got him outside, cleaned him up a bit and opened my hand. He actually sat there for a few seconds looking around, then high-tailed it into the trees.

Reactions: hittman

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Just remembered, yesterday, I took Jacks and the little ones out to do their business and I heard this strange sound coming out of my Escape. I couldn't figure it out and got my roommate to come out and open the hood. Again I grabbed gloves but no need. There was a squirrel somewhere underneath. Not sure what he was doing, probably something with acorns since the SUV was sitting under a tree. Saw him hightail it out the back when she opened the hood.

The adventures in living in the woods.

Reactions: firechick

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    We've been seeing a lot more squirrels in our neighborhood this year. I bought a cheap pole saw to trim the branches back away from the house. My neighbor next door got squirrels in his attic and borrowed our live trap.

I've called the guy about doing the trim twice and he hasn't returned my call. If I don't hear back from him then I'll have to look for someone else. It's too high up for me.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Since the cat population at my house is down to two, I've noticed an increase in the the rodent population, particularly chipmunks. They're driving the puppies crazy. They see them and move so far that the pups have no chance of getting close to them.

Gizmo caught a glimpse of one this morning and wouldn't move from the rock he was on trying to find him. I had to go over and pick him up to get him off "the hunt".

Reactions: hittman

Users who are viewing this thread