Status
Not open for further replies.

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
Hi All!

Am posting here as I would guess many have you have used the little atty above. The only way I can get this guy to fire is to turn it over and unscrew that 510 adjustable pin to it connects to the mod. When it's all the way in, I can test coils just time. It reads every time. When I screw it onto the LP Grand, nothing until I pull it and back out the screw. And, if I adjust the airflow, that seems to screw things up and I have to re set the screw again. I did read that you can actually make an adjustment on the top of the LP connection by dropping in the correct allen key and turning it clockwise. Mine maybe stripped, but it won't adjust.

Since I can get to RM 8 to work, I haven't gotten too excited. Also, the RM 2 does not require any adjustment at all.

Any ideas? The new LP has become my go-to mod. I am so happy I decided to go with it. Being on a fixed income at 75, I don't think I'll be adding another one soon, but it sure is tempting.....

Reactions: JC Okie

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Hi All!

Am posting here as I would guess many have you have used the little atty above. The only way I can get this guy to fire is to turn it over and unscrew that 510 adjustable pin to it connects to the mod. When it's all the way in, I can test coils just time. It reads every time. When I screw it onto the LP Grand, nothing until I pull it and back out the screw. And, if I adjust the airflow, that seems to screw things up and I have to re set the screw again. I did read that you can actually make an adjustment on the top of the LP connection by dropping in the correct allen key and turning it clockwise. Mine maybe stripped, but it won't adjust.

Since I can get to RM 8 to work, I haven't gotten too excited. Also, the RM 2 does not require any adjustment at all.

Any ideas? The new LP has become my go-to mod. I am so happy I decided to go with it. Being on a fixed income at 75, I don't think I'll be adding another one soon, but it sure is tempting.....
There's an allen key that came with the rm8 and one that came with the lp grand. They look the same but the one that came with the grand is slightly bigger. If you use the one from the rm8 it will just turn without catching.

I had to back out the adjustable 510 in my grand just a little to make contact with the rm8, then had to screw it back in to get the rm2 to seat properly.

Reactions: Danrogers

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
There's an allen key that came with the rm8 and one that came with the lp grand. They look the same but the one that came with the grand is slightly bigger. If you use the one from the rm8 it will just turn without catching.

I had to back out the adjustable 510 in my grand just a little to make contact with the rm8, then had to screw it back in to get the rm2 to seat properly.
Yep...I noticed the two sizes. One is a 5/64th I think. I did use the larger one that came with the Grand. Like I said, I'm not going nuts over it but.....It's driving me nuts. Thanks for the come back. When I do use the correct key, it does seem to catch, but feels like it's spinning loose. Oh well...

Reactions: Lessifer

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Yep...I noticed the two sizes. One is a 5/64th I think. I did use the larger one that came with the Grand. Like I said, I'm not going nuts over it but.....It's driving me nuts. Thanks for the come back. When I do use the correct key, it does seem to catch, but feels like it's spinning loose. Oh well...
Are you turning it the right way? Remember that it's reverse threaded.

Reactions: rgerber

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
I wonder if the adjustable screw is still in the 510? Do you see the Hex head screw or is it a round hole in the bottom of the 510 connection?
Hey! Don't have a magnifying glass handy but it sure looks like just a round hole ON THE LP 510.
If your missing the grub screw let me no pm or email I can have one shipped out .

reo@reosmods.com
I doubt it was "missing". More like I accidently took it out. Remember...I am OLD...CRANKY and SENILE. I di send yoou an email. Thanks Rob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread