Status
Not open for further replies.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
By now most of you should know how easy it is to extract your own.

There was an episode of Cheers where Norm said he started painting his house. They asked him how far he got. He said "I bought the little hat."

That's where I am but, I'm stoked.

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA
There was an episode of Cheers where Norm said he started painting his house. They asked him how far he got. He said "I bought the little hat."

Tele, If I can do it, ANYONE can! It is hard to screw up and the stuff lasts and lasts.....{and it tastes good too.} :pervy:

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego

Norm!
zq3n4x0oshqva8xnh1iy.jpg

checkum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Missouri, USA

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
Hehe...I wasn't even close! It's very good though.

From NET.com
Enigma: A Virginia tobacco base paired with 4 all-natural flavorings: Blackberry, Cranberry, Strawberry and Graham Cracker!

The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and Enigma truly was just that, a puzzle and tasted differently by everyone!

Congratulations to the winners, and Enigma is now available for purchase (Hybrid category)!

ETA: Some new flavors too
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/cherry-bomb.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/pepper-spec.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/eclipse.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/enigma.htm

Last edited:

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Yep, the hat is the difficult part. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find a beany with a propeller on top.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
People's Republic of Stroud
Black note notebook tasting update....as much for my reference if and when i reorder

Prelude love it. Subtle yet complex. But of smoke, tobacco with just the right sweetness. Beguiling.
Legato. Like the Prelude but a touch stronger.
Bravura. Lovely. Need to try again in a tank with better flavour than the protank 3. Again wood, smoke, Earth with touch of sweetness. Subtlest hints of fruit or was that the description!
Forte. Just not sure. Initially wow, then thought bit off, changed the atty and much better but a taste in the exhale I wasn't keen on, just ate some strong cheese and wow tastes much better. Strongest yet for me. Think not an adv, but one for post dinner with something strong too drink.
Cadenza. Again seemed to change depending on if I'd just eaten etc. tasted banana after dinner one day - not good, then another day was fantastic post dinner. Other times ok to pretty good. Reckon also not an adv for me.
Adagio. Only tried the 3 mg in the subtank nano so far and have gone of it. Too woody with an sweet undertaste that I am not enjoying. Reminding me of a bottle of decadent vapours tobacco that I never quite got in with. Looking forward to trying the 6mg in a nautilus soon - it may well improve.

Sonata and solo still to try.

Prelude, legato and bravura on the reorder list so far.

Forte and cadenza just not suiting me for regular use, let alone as an adv - having said that now and then they are mighty impressive.

Adagio the jury is out until trying the 6mg in a different tank, doesn't suit a subtank for me.

All flavours are certainly complex and, as said prior, almost paradoxically subtle. Interestingly I'm erring towards , with the possible exception of bravura, what could be described as the lighter flavours.

Not sure if more long term use will lead any to exceed my current favourite red vape shade reserva.

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
Black note notebook tasting update....as much for my reference if and when i reorder

Prelude love it. Subtle yet complex. But of smoke, tobacco with just the right sweetness. Beguiling.
Bravura. Lovely. Need to try again in a tank with better flavour than the protank 3. Again wood, smoke, Earth with touch of sweetness. Subtlest hints of fruit or was that the description!
Forte. Just not sure. Initially wow, then thought bit off, changed the atty and much better but a taste in the exhale I wasn't keen on, just ate some strong cheese and wow tastes much better. Strongest yet for me. Think not an adv, but one for post dinner with something strong too drink.
Cadenza. Again seemed to change depending on if I'd just eaten etc. tasted banana after dinner one day - not good, then another day was fantastic post dinner. Other times ok to pretty good. Reckon also not an adv for me.
Adagio. Only tried the 3 mg in the subtank nano so far and have gone of it. Too woody with an sweet undertaste that I am not enjoying. Reminding me of a bottle of decadent vapours tobacco that I never quite got in with. Looking forward to trying the 6mg in a nautilus soon - it may well improve.

Forte and cadenza just not suiting me for regular use, let alone as an adv - having said that now and then they are mighty impressive.

Adagio the jury is out until trying the 6mg in a different tank, doesn't suit a subtank for me.

All flavours are certainly complex and, as said prior, almost paradoxically subtle. Interestingly I'm erring towards , with the possible exception of bravura, what could be described as the lighter flavours.

Not sure if more long term use will lead any to exceed my current favourite red vape shade reserva.

Thanks for the quick review! :) I reviewed Cadenza and Adagio some pages back, but have not delved deeper into the BlackNote juices on offer.

Over time, I have gone off Cadenza. I can't explain why exactly. Not BlackNote's fault for sure. Adagio. on the other hand is a definite re-order for me.

From your notes above, I'm certain to give Prelude and Legato a try soon, then fold in Bravura and Forte for a test taste.

I'm on-again/off-again with Cavendish blends, which makes Sonata a maybe. Solo being menthol is a no-go for me.

Again, thanks for the notes :)

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Thanks for the quick review! :) I reviewed Cadenza and Adagio some pages back, but have not delved deeper into the BlackNote juices on offer.

Over time, I have gone off Cadenza. I can't explain why exactly. Not BlackNote's fault for sure. Adagio. on the other hand is a definite re-order for me.

From your notes above, I'm certain to give Prelude and Legato a try soon, then fold in Bravura and Forte for a test taste.

I'm on-again/off-again with Cavendish blends, which makes Sonata a maybe. Solo being menthol is a no-go for me.

Again, thanks for the notes :)

Onto the sonata today. Reminds me of adagio so a little, but then I tried the adagio in the subtank mini and the sonata in the gs air m. All other flavours have been in a nautilus. Finding the gs air m has a similar taste profile to the nano and I use 1.2 coils in both, whereas 1.8 in the nautilus.

Sonata is slight sweet, smooth, less smokey than some. Nuts? Earthy? Finding it real difficult to pin down. Medium strength for the range.

Really is tough to be sure which of black note I prefer, all flavours are very similar and differences are subtle. A blind taste would be fascinating, kind of like wine.

Yet as before prelude, legato and bravura will be my reorders. These seem to hold up best to all day and chain vaping. Some of the others perhaps suit more sparing use, specifically with a nice glass of wine, after food, with a decent whiskey etc.

If we took 'smokiness' as a reference point, in ascending order lighter to stronger I'd say:
Prelude
Adagio
Legato
Sonata
Bravura
Cadenza
Forte

Oddly enough I'd thought I would prefer the more smokey numbers.!

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS

Im a Black Note fan too.

The Adagio will be better bumping up to 6mg. On my initial notebook order I got it in 6mg, they also gave me a free sample of Adagio in 3mg. Well the 3mg was too muted for my taste. I ended up mixing it with the 6mg Adagio and other blends to vape it.

Another thing, for the flavor forget about the Sub tank or any sub ohm coil tank. Use the Black Note in your Nautilus. I initially used them in my sub ohm tanks after testing them in my drippers. They were muted heavily.

Ive sense been vaping them in the Triton with the 1.8 ohm coil and nautilus style drip tip, Kabuki, and the Silo Beast using the Triton 1.8 ohm coil and a narrower drip tip. Great flavor. And of course the flavor is great out of drippers, but drippers arent always convenient. On the tank side Id say the Triton (1.8 ohm) gives the best overall flavor. The kabuki is extremely close and is smoother, but the Triton just gives me a wetter vape with slightly more notes detected. The silo beast (1.8 ohm Triton coil) with the airflow almost closed completely, and a mtl drip tip works good too and is now serviceable to use for achieving good flavor.

Im going to bump up the nic slightly on my next order sense I wont be sub ohming this juice anymore.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Im a Black Note fan too.

The Adagio will be better bumping up to 6mg. On my initial notebook order I got it in 6mg, they also gave me a free sample of Adagio in 3mg. Well the 3mg was too muted for my taste. I ended up mixing it with the 6mg Adagio and other blends to vape it.

Another thing, for the flavor forget about the Sub tank or any sub ohm coil tank. Use the Black Note in your Nautilus. I initially used them in my sub ohm tanks after testing them in my drippers. They were muted heavily.

Ive sense been vaping them in the Triton with the 1.8 ohm coil and nautilus style drip tip, Kabuki, and the Silo Beast using the Triton 1.8 ohm coil and a narrower drip tip. Great flavor. And of course the flavor is great out of drippers, but drippers arent always convenient. On the tank side Id say the Triton (1.8 ohm) gives the best overall flavor. The kabuki is extremely close and is smoother, but the Triton just gives me a wetter vape with slightly more notes detected. The silo beast (1.8 ohm Triton coil) with the airflow almost closed completely, and a mtl drip tip works good too and is now serviceable to use for achieving good flavor.

Im going to bump up the nic slightly on my next order sense I wont be sub ohming this juice anymore.

Thanks for this...just to add I had a 1.2 ohm coil in the subtank, so not strictly subbing, still the flavour was muted. Going to try the adagio 6 mg later, likely in the gs air m with 1.2 coil which is good for the sonata.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Im a Black Note fan too.

Yes as you suggested the adagio is a different beast out of the subtank. Much more rounded, less of the icky sharp woody mixed with sickly sweet. How much difference a tank can make to a flavour. Not my favourite black note but still a possible future reorder.

The solo is ok for a menthol, the tobacco does actually come through a fair bit.

Reactions: Sirius

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
Yes as you suggested the adagio is a different beast out of the subtank. Much more rounded, less of the icky sharp woody mixed with sickly sweet. How much difference a tank can make to a flavour. Not my favourite black note but still a possible future reorder.

The solo is ok for a menthol, the tobacco does actually come through a fair bit.

I agree, I was never a menthol smoker but i liked solo fairly well.

Im going to give Adagio another try in 12mg on my next order.

I know sub ohm coils/tanks mute the flavor in juices, but Im wondering if its more noticeable in NETs than in regular artificial flavored juices due to having natural complex flavor in various tobaccos. Its not just Blacknote, NET.com juices were bland in my sub ohm tanks too.

Reactions: Sirius

Thundernoggin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
MI
Hehe...I wasn't even close! It's very good though.

From NET.com
Enigma: A Virginia tobacco base paired with 4 all-natural flavorings: Blackberry, Cranberry, Strawberry and Graham Cracker!

The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and Enigma truly was just that, a puzzle and tasted differently by everyone!

Congratulations to the winners, and Enigma is now available for purchase (Hybrid category)!

ETA: Some new flavors too
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/cherry-bomb.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/pepper-spec.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/eclipse.htm
http://www.naturally-extracted-tobacco.com/product-p/enigma.htm

I totally missed it too. It tasted like grape soda NET to me. I knew the graham was in there though because of the alcohol nose that was also in a couple of betas he sent me.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I totally missed it too. It tasted like grape soda NET to me. I knew the graham was in there though because of the alcohol nose that was also in a couple of betas he sent me.

I got the nasal alcohol too but, not the graham or like you, that's where the alcohol came from. I wasn't even thinking fruits to be honest. To me it tasted like MVJ's Gwendolyn which has anise in it.

67Tele

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Austin
I've been enjoying @boomerdude extracts all this last week. I started off with Seattle Pipe Club Mississippi River and Hearth & Home Signature Freight Train. Both full bodied and great as stand alone flavors.

This weekend I went with AAA Burley and Sutliff Red Virginia Ribbon. These are good by themselves but, i think would be better as part of a mix. After those it was CAO Italia Ciao and McClelland Dominican Glory Maduro. Wonderful cigars!

Mixed but waiting to try Tatiana Walking Dream, Sutliff VooDoo Queen, and Smyrna Oriental Varietal.

It's been a whole lot of fun and a whole lot of great vaping enjoyment.

morningdew

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2013
Well I've run out of black note so am vaping some house of liquid El puros I had left. It's been sitting in a bottle for around 3 months, my gosh the taste has changed so much. Could this be me or does steeping exist. Gone from being mildly cigarish and sweet to full on cigar smoke with nuts and raisins (?)..

Tried steeping this same juice before by leaving top off for a week and shaking daily, it made no discernible difference. But now wow either my taste buds have changed or it's changed massively. Gone from being a bit lacking to almost too much!

Puzzling hobby this vaping lark!

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
These recent RDA's coming out that have fans, like the Fishbone V3, Turbo and the 571 are something else. With a Clapton your going to get every nuance in your juice. I'm tasting a whole lot more of this Nica Rustica Cigar juice. Seems like you can start all over again with juices you thought you knew upside and down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread