Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Ok, so this has me wondering. Is there anything the general public itself can do about this? Is there anything, at all, that we can do other than read about this in our homes and sit at our computers fuming? And by do something, I mean going after the researchers themselves.

Last edited:

DrMA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
Seattle area
Ok, so this has me wondering. Is there anything the general public itself can do about this? Is there anything, at all, that we can do other than read about this in our homes and sit at our computers fuming? And by do something, I mean going after the researchers themselves.

We're trying, buddy. But, other than making noise on social media and writing letters to the editor, there little we can do to change a system revolving around institutionalized corruption geared towards fabricating policy-based drivel.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Something like this sounds really good...
http://vaperanks.com/e-cigarette-industry-plans-to-make-critics-pay-for-misleading-health-claims/

Don't have any idea what ever happened to that idea.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    An organized watchdog group would require personnel highly informed on the subject matter. BP would offer those people six-figure salaries to stop being in that group. Few would turn it down.
    Maybe not necessarily stop, but what to say..

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 30, 2011
    Behind you
    phd091606s%20780x338.gif

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Post it on social media! Liars hate to be exposed to the bright light of truth!

I don't wanna hear any of that crap about "oooh I hate social media" -- it serves a purpose, use it! Your personal bias is as irrelevant as these "researchers" bias against vaping!

Andria

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US

Good except the box in 'the actual method' that says 'modify theory to fit data' - should read 'modify data to fit theory'. (although they do both - skewed computer models and fudged temps in global warming, for example.) And add another box - "Create a false Consensus"

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Good except the box in 'the actual method' that says 'modify theory to fit data' - should read 'modify data to fit theory'. (although they do both - skewed computer models and fudged temps in global warming, for example.) And add another box - "Create a false Consensus"

And another box too... threaten anyone who disagrees with the false consensus with loss of job/funding and/or prestige.

Andria

rico942

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 12, 2013
    Carlsbad, CA
    They used to call Walter Cronkite "The Most Trusted Man In America" ...

As a young journalism student, I once had the good fortune to attend a group lunch with John Facenda, the Walter Cronkite of Philadelphia broadcasting. He was also for many years the narrator of NFL Films, they called him the "Voice Of God" ...

There really are people with such a high degree of personal and professional integrity that they simply cannot lie. If such a person stepped forward and championed vaping and tobacco harm reduction, citing the real facts and figures, the effect could be monumental ...

But these men have passed on ...

And who, if anyone, in contemporary society, has the credentials to turn public opinion with a simple endorsement ?

Reactions: pennysmalls

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    Post it on social media! Liars hate to be exposed to the bright light of truth!

I don't wanna hear any of that crap about "oooh I hate social media" -- it serves a purpose, use it! Your personal bias is as irrelevant as these "researchers" bias against vaping!

Andria

Tons of us already do all that and do face book and twitter etc., but it's just not going to crack the nut we're facing. We really do need a goliath to fight the goliath we're up against. If vapers united in the numbers we know are out there maybe we ourselves could be that goliath but the number of vapers who're actively fighting is very low. I'm very grateful to those who do try to do something and that have voices that are "louder" than ours, Bill, AVA SAFTA etc. but we really do need someone like rico mentioned.

Reactions: DC2

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    Tons of us already do all that and do face book and twitter etc., but it's just not going to crack the nut we're facing. We really do need a goliath to fight the goliath we're up against. If vapers united in the numbers we know are out there maybe we ourselves could be that goliath but the number of vapers who're actively fighting is very low. I'm very grateful to those who do try to do something and that have voices that are "louder" than ours, Bill, AVA SAFTA etc. but we really do need someone like rico mentioned.
    The answer is Leonardo DiCaprio.
    :)

Reactions: AndriaD
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread