Joyetech ego one vt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
View attachment 498286

In the last column, the high and.low numbers are reversed.

View attachment 498287

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Ah yes, it's the one I saw. Wasn't sure if the wattage on the first table applies the same with the temp coil section. Kinda weird because it says VW mode while the other is Temp mode

That would mean 430F at 20watts on low setting? Given the coil resistance at 0.4 of course... I'm curious to see how it will affect the accuracy if I ditch their ti coils and build on a different gauge.. Maybe 26-28g

Hope to hear the dry burn tests results on low and medium settings. I'm pretty sure the cotton will burn on high though

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Dry cotton test: failed.

By the temp readings, I would expect it to pass, but it seems to work like a boost, to ramp up quickly, so dry cotton scorched quickly.

A note on dry cotton burn tests....all they do is show regulation is happening, and not really applicable to vaping conditions....in use a wick will never be completely dry, and even a little damp raises the scorch point. It's for that reason I don't normally do dry cotton burns.

Based on my probe readings, you can see temp regulation IS happening, and though slightly under spec, it's actually very close, a lot closer then some more expensive devices.

Reactions: redrebel821

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Highly inaccurate compared to the published specs on their site [emoji38]

Ah, would love the range between 420~430 though.

Curious, Is this on nickel or titanium you're running at?
With the way it ramps up, mid. level feels like 420-430 range to me, if not a tad higher....probe doesn't lie, but subjective test is just as important ;)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Ah yes, it's the one I saw. Wasn't sure if the wattage on the first table applies the same with the temp coil section. Kinda weird because it says VW mode while the other is Temp mode

That would mean 430F at 20watts on low setting? Given the coil resistance at 0.4 of course... I'm curious to see how it will affect the accuracy if I ditch their ti coils and build on a different gauge.. Maybe 26-28g

Hope to hear the dry burn tests results on low and medium settings. I'm pretty sure the cotton will burn on high though
I used 26 gauge Ti for my test....5 wrap on 2.5 mms Id

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Dry cotton test: failed.

By the temp readings, I would expect it to pass, but it seems to work like a boost, to ramp up quickly, so dry cotton scorched quickly.

A note on dry cotton burn tests....all they do is show regulation is happening, and not really applicable to vaping conditions....in use a wick will never be completely dry, and even a little damp raises the scorch point. It's for that reason I don't normally do dry cotton burns.

Based on my probe readings, you can see temp regulation IS happening, and though slightly under spec, it's actually very close, a lot closer then some more expensive devices.

So it has sort of a boost feature to it when the fire button is pressed? Interesting... based on the probe readings, it should then level off between 410~420F on the mid settings right?

So let's say if you were to repeat another test with the ti coil wicked and moist with juice and then fire it till there is little to no vapor, it should be able to pass the dry hit test ? :?: Would also appreciate if you could adjust the settings on low and give your comments on it.. I just want to avoid a big nasty dry hit , kayfuns are famous for that too

Also, I'm curious if it is regulating temp via pwm or dc.

I have a feeling that this ego one VT would be a huge hit if joyetech gets it right...

Last edited:

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Correct, it will not scorch damp cotton at mid setting.

If I were to guess, I would.put money on pwm (not a bad thing in and of itself.....the sx mini uses pwm in TC mode). If it is using pwm (my guess based on price), the frequency is high enough that it doesn't rattlesnake and you don't notice it. The vape is surprisingly smooth for a mod in this price point....it doesn't compare to my higher end stuff, but vape quality is at least on par with most sub $100 mods. Better then the invader mini, but not as smooth as the evic vt.......lands in between in smoothness.

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
Correct, it will not scorch damp cotton at mid setting.

If I were to guess, I would.put money on pwm (not a bad thing in and of itself.....the sx mini uses pwm in TC mode). If it is using pwm (my guess based on price), the frequency is high enough that it doesn't rattlesnake and you don't notice it. The vape is surprisingly smooth for a mod in this price point....it doesn't compare to my higher end stuff, but vape quality is at least on par with most sub $100 mods. Better then the invader mini, but not as smooth as the evic vt.......lands in between in smoothness.

I can't say for pwm because I only own a dna40 mod for my everyday use. I would assume they work the same way though. Hmm, this is truly fascinating ... So when the wick is nearly dry, will you be able to hear a slight rattlesnake sound? Pwm pulses at a set rate to maintain temp if I'm not wrong... I don't it a deal breaker but would be curious to see if it does. Based on the dry cotton test, did you get the temp readings too?

Finally a temp controlled tube mod. At least I can pair a subtank or kayfun on it and still look awesome. Well done joyetech.

Last edited:

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Can anyone input on the battery life of the ego one vt? Does it last throughout the entire day of vaping .. :)

Im easily convinced and just preordered a sec ago :thumbs: can't wait for it to arrive
Mine came partially charged, and I couldn't wait...lol..so vaped on it last night and this morning. I just put it on the charger about 1/2 hour ago...

Reactions: Vincy2603

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I love the small size, too...I have smaller hands, and it feels really comfortable to hold ...don't mind the chipped nail polish...lol
image.jpeg

Reactions: Vincy2603

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I can't say for pwm because I only own a dna40 mod for my everyday use. I would assume they work the same way though. Hmm, this is truly fascinating ... So when the wick is nearly dry, will you be able to hear a slight rattlesnake sound? Pwm pulses at a set rate to maintain temp if I'm not wrong... I don't it a deal breaker but would be curious to see if it does. Based on the dry cotton test, did you get the temp readings too?

Finally a temp controlled tube mod. At least I can pair a subtank or kayfun on it and still look awesome. Well done joyetech.
No, you don't hear a rattlesnake sound at all, it's too high of a frequency....all you can hear is your juice ;)

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Can anyone input on the battery life of the ego one vt? Does it last throughout the entire day of vaping .. :)

Im easily convinced and just preordered a sec ago :thumbs: can't wait for it to arrive
During my week of testing, where I used it predominantly...the battery would last all day

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
anyways, is the shut off noticeable when the wick is near dry? Because I hear the sx mini mods does have a slight rattlesnake sound when the wick is very very dry. Whereas the DNA40 throttles the wattage..

I wonder what joyetech did if it is not using the same tech as the evic vt.

How does it detect a very sharp rise in temp and attempt to regulate temp? It should pulse if it's via pwm .. Or is it some new tech unheard off? Haha there are too little in depth reviews of the ego one vt on YouTube at the moment (considering it was just announced not long ago, it's expected)

Curious, has anyone gotten a dry hit yet from using the ego one VT? :vapor::cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread