Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Sir, I might need some advice on temperature control. I ordered some ni200 wire and already have the batteries for the cloupor but I have no idea what topper to use with it for TC and don't have any idea how many wraps of Ni to use.

I don't have any experience with TC. However I use this steam engine a lot http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?mat=ni200&r=0.5&awg=34&id=3 and have it bookmarked. Input the wire type (Ni200) target resistance ( ex .5) diameter of coil (3.0 mm), and leg length (distance from coil to screws- appx). I ordered Titanium 1 for my temp control wire. The reason is because Ni has to have a spaced coil and T1 can be made with wraps touching. (My T1 is on the way from China)

Any tank you can build on should work.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Goodnight Fran :)

river%20otter_zpslpzyqjqz.jpg

Reactions: FranC

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I watched a video yesterday of a guy building a ni200 coil and he didn't mention anything about spacing. He actually took some tweezers and squeezed it together some. I use the kuro coilers so I hope that's ok. What I don't know is what resistance I should try for. I should probably buy one of those resistance checkers like the guy in the video had to build on. I just usually put it on a mod and check resistance with kanthal.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    I watched a video yesterday of a guy building a ni200 coil and he didn't mention anything about spacing. He actually took some tweezers and squeezed it together some. I use the kuro coilers so I hope that's ok. What I don't know is what resistance I should try for. I should probably buy one of those resistance checkers like the guy in the video had to build on. I just usually put it on a mod and check resistance with kanthal.
    I hope I didn't get it backwards, cause I wanted touching coils. I just check my resistance on the mod. If you make the same resistance as you now normally build (like in the Kayfuns) then your flavor should be the same.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2015
    West Virginia, USA
    But from what I understand, the resistance of the ni200 is much lower than kanthal. I usually make my kayfun coils at 1.5-1.8. I saw on the cloupor that the coil resistance for TC needs to be between .1 and .5.

I usually build in the .5 area so I never worried about it, just used the coil steam engine to figure out my build. I ordered 3 sizes of T1 so I could play with the builds some. A lot of it will be determined by the wire size. TC wire is really different than Kanthal as far as the heat and resistance. What size wire do you have?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread