Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to mix a batch of custard. Unfortunately, I've yet to come across a recipe that I absolutely enjoy. The standard 15% Cap VC and 2% dulce de leche isn't all that great -I think the DDL kills it for me.

I'm looking for something that's smooth and creamy, but still has that custard/eggy note. Any suggestions?
I really enjoyed vape Wild's On Cloud Custard, but can't figure out a recipe that will give me similar results.

bghill

Oct 23, 2014
Vancouver, BC
Search for Stevos Vanilla Custard. I made the first version and after a long steep (5 months) it is fantastic. I was really disappointed the first 2 months and put it away till recently. Now I have made a 120ml bottle.

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-13_18-51-59.png
    upload_2015-10-13_18-51-59.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Search for Stevos Vanilla Custard. I made the first version and after a long steep (5 months) it is fantastic. I was really disappointed the first 2 months and put it away till recently. Now I have made a 120ml bottle.

5 months steep time for any flavor is insane. 1 month to six weeks at most if steeping naturally. I think you need to read my blog to help you speed this up a bit.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ed-to-know-about-steeping-and-then-some.5010/

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Thanks everyone. I'll have to try Steveo's VC...although, 5 months worth of steeping is a tad insane.
I've actually used that French site before. I don't want to waste any more flavorings on juices that wont taste good, so I figured I would ask for some tried and true recipes. Thanks for the help, everyone!

Kriengsak Wangdulyakiti

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
I am new to DIY what I think both Cap VC or dulce de leche is good to used in blends. What I usually do is to mix VC, sweet cream, whipped cream, coconut, Bavarian cream, butterscotch, ... till I find the right cream for me then I mix with a fruity flavor (strawberry is a foolproof).

Clone On Cloud Custard maybe begin with Cap VC, caramel, butterscotch and cinnamon and find eggy note in some flavor later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread