Older Folks and Vaping Back Porch - Part Four

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Don't know about anyone else's experiences, but......I always found flea/tick infestation prevention better and safer over all than using the cure. south Jersey is infested with the nasty little things, but my pets were always treated with advantage or advantix and I never had a problem with them infesting my house....;)
We were using the stuff from Walmart and it works in Virginia but didn't touch dem Florida fleas apparently. Abby is allergic to Frontline so the vet has her on an edible that seems to be working.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I arranged to be off for my birthday tomorrow.

Actually, I had already planned to take off anyway. I've been crashing and having to take off on Thursdays, so figured I'ld just avoid the crash in the first place and try taking off on Wednesday instead. We'll see how this works. Wednesdays are my hardest days because of the extra running around for violin classes for Oscar and because of my daughter's night classes. So, tomorrow I get to sleep, I hope.

Except my daughter just messaged that she missed her connecting flight to come home from her business trip. No telling when she'll get in and need a ride. So, this is going to drag into another day.

It's a good thing I took off!

garyoa1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well, raid does make a fumigator bomb. Problem I have with it is... leave the house. And then you have the furballs coming back in and eating the furniture. I'd try the flea powder method first. Worked for us. Smells decent. But remember, when you vacuum, you aren't really getting it all out. Just don't see the white anymore. And works for days killing them. Not to mention, cheep and non toxic to the rug ratz.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
What do you use? My BIL called me from the house down south saying it's infested with fleas since we left. They get fierce after you take the animals out of the equation.
Fleas used to be a given before they came out with things like Advantix. Especially in the country. I.d use flea soap, poders or sprays on the animals but the house, porch, yard were still crawling. Sevin dust the yard, & start with any place they might jump to get away from the poison on the ground. Go about 18" up the walls of the house & trees & plants. Use bombs or powder or spray every where in the house, starting about 18" above the floor on all the furniture & ending with every inch of floor, under beds, furnture, appliances. Everywhere. Then I had to vacuum like like crazy everyday the same way for about a week & burn the vacuum bag immediately, & start with a new one the next day. Give it a 4-5 day rest & do it all again to get the eggs & stuff that hatched & got going after the first treatment. Their cocoon stage protects them from everything the first time you go through. You might have to do it a couple of times more, but it works. It.s a pita once they get started. They don't only come in on the pets, they.ll get on you & come in too.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
panther%20pink_zpsnumtiznk.png

I've used DE with great success in da past; cheap, easy and safe!

Did dat once out loud... had no pink snapper fer two weeks!
sadangelgif.gif
My voices don't get physical, they stay in my head unless they try to come out my mouth.

Last edited:

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Well, raid does make a fumigator bomb. Problem I have with it is... leave the house. And then you have the furballs coming back in and eating the furniture. I'd try the flea powder method first. Worked for us. Smells decent. But remember, when you vacuum, you aren't really getting it all out. Just don't see the white anymore. And works for days killing them. Not to mention, cheep and non toxic to the rug ratz.
Too bad they banned DDT powder. works good.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Too bad they banned DDT powder. works good.
I think they banned Sevin Dust as well. We used it in the yard growing up for just that (fleas). I haven't seen it on the shelves in a while. They say that borax in the rugs is good for fleas and non toxic for the critters. It's supposedly cuts them and they bleed out. I think DE does the same. Problem is we're not down there and I would like the situation taken care of before we get back. That means something that will kill adults, larvae and eggs and be persistant for about a month or so.

Rotowoman

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Louisiana
Praying for you Roto! And get yourself to a Dr when you get home! That business when your hand may have nothing to do with your shoulder!

I'm beginning to believe this has nothing to do with what is going on in my neck and shoulder. My wrist has been swollen. My nerves are shot. My attitude sucks. LOL I want to be home. I want to scream at a doctor.
I
Ah Debra,
Just catching up and read your post! I don't like reading that you're in pain, gf, so PLEASE see whatever doctor you need for some relief. Don't procrastinate.

Thank you SO much. I'll be seeing somebody on Friday.

oh honey, I'm so sorry you're feeling so bad. I know you've been struggling with this for awhile. I agree with others, definitely get the dr, then ask for neuro consult for your hand. I know your time at home is limited, but please do this. I imagine Doc Gracie could recommend some dietary things that might get your system more in sync, and see if that helps your mood. If not, maybe, some temporary pharmaceuticals could help til you feel better enough to get a better handle on things. Always know that we're here. Wish I could say something magical to help make it better, but the most magical thing I know of is......
We love you!!!!

Thank you SO much, and I love y'all too!! It's going to be all right.....cause I said so.

Awww Roto, so sorry you're having a bad time with your hand. Better go get it checked out. No need to put up with it because there's probably something that will give you relief and maybe not even a complicated fix. Didn't you say you see a chiropractor? You should let them know about it. Chiropractic is not just for backs. Over the years they've fixed elbows and wrists for us. Hopefully you have a good one who will tell you straight up if you should be seeing a different doc.

Yeah, last time I went, they were talking about sending me for an MRI. I'm ready. I can't deal with this too much longer. Thursday I'll be working at another base with 4 times the helicopters I have. I'm losing my mind. However, I WILL survive!!! Can't kill bad grass. :thumb:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I think they banned Sevin Dust as well. We used it in the yard growing up for just that (fleas). I haven't seen it on the shelves in a while. They say that borax in the rugs is good for fleas and non toxic for the critters. It's supposedly cuts them and they bleed out. I think DE does the same. Problem is we're not down there and I would like the situation taken care of before we get back. That means something that will kill adults, larvae and eggs and be persistant for about a month or so.
Then bomb it three times a week apart. That ought to get all of them. Youll still have to treat the yard.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm beginning to believe this has nothing to do with what is going on in my neck and shoulder. My wrist has been swollen. My nerves are shot. My attitude sucks. LOL I want to be home. I want to scream at a doctor.
I

Thank you SO much. I'll be seeing somebody on Friday.

Thank you SO much, and I love y'all too!! It's going to be all right.....cause I said so.

Yeah, last time I went, they were talking about sending me for an MRI. I'm ready. I can't deal with this too much longer. Thursday I'll be working at another base with 4 times the helicopters I have. I'm losing my mind. However, I WILL survive!!! Can't kill bad grass. :thumb:
Check with your Pc Dr. There could be a blood clot somewhere.

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Then bomb it three times a week apart. That ought to get all of them. Youll still have to treat the yard.
The yard down there is about 30 x 20. Easy to treat but, the rest of the neighborhood not so much. It's a townhouse so she gets walked around the neighborhood. I'll keep her treated from now on and hopefully stay on top of the house. She doesn't get free run anywhere. Too many poisonous toads and such.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

Good morning everyone..hope all of you have a great day and stay either warm or cool and dry and safe! In a little while, after I've consumed a pot of coffee, I'm going out to the garage /storage and straighten up the mess for the movers on the 22nd. It's the worst thing I have to do so I'm gonna try to knock it out and be done with it. I've moved up the move date from the 28th to the 22nd. cuz i'm doing so good with this packing and such that i'm already half done!:rickroll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread