• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Samsung 25r's question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Wow, nice find Waddle! And I thought Ameliquid sold them cheap at 5500 won

It's been a long time man, any interesting vape gear you bought recently? I decided to give dual coils tanks a try a couple months ago; first, I bought the goliath 2, then the bellus because filling the goliath 2 was more effort than I initially thought. The tank itself is awesome (building is easy and top fill is awesome) but I'm really not that impressed with dual coils, still. All they do is suck battery life and provide a more 'intense' vape, not that much better flavor :(

Twisted coils are great though!

Reactions: Waddle

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hi nwasiq! Been a long time. Glad to see your still around.

Atomizers of choice these days are the Kronos, Horizon, and Taifun. And back to Kanthal after tempting fate with 4 different TC mods and various different types of wire. Like I said in the past, TC's still not there yet.

I've read good things about the Bellus, I'm suprised you don't like it. But like you, I've pretty much settled on single coils, and wicked properly the attys I've listed can produce a comparable amount of vapor.

Cheers and best of luck in the coming new year.

Joey Price

Jun 5, 2015
South Korea
I recently got the billow V2 (coming from a subtank mini). I'm liking it quite alot but I still find myself right back with my rda. Lol. Ive been looking into the GeekVape Griffen. Its a dual coil tank and has a huge velocity style deck. Only downside I see is that it only hold 3ml of liquid. Thinking it would go dry pretty quickly with the 3mm coils I would be putting into it.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
These days I just don't really see a big difference between the various dual coil atomizers (e.g. Bellus, Billow, Goblin, etc.) , but maybe it's just me. What people rave about today, seems to go silent when the next great atomizer comes along the following month. Yeah the big craze these days is with velocity decks.

What I like about the Flash-e-vapor (e.g Kronos, Horizon, etc.) type atomizers is their unique wicking. I always seem to get a good saturated hit from these. Possibly it's due to their top down feeder mesh system.

RDAs, well, you either love em or hate em. Personally dripping is just too much trouble for me.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Best of luck to you too Waddle!

I received the Serpent RTA yesterday and I have to say that its the easiest to use single coil tank I've ever had. I can't really say much about the flavor because I believe vaping technology these days has gotten us to the point that you just can't get much better flavor now. What do you think?

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Best of luck to you too Waddle!

I received the Serpent RTA yesterday and I have to say that its the easiest to use single coil tank I've ever had. I can't really say much about the flavor because I believe vaping technology these days has gotten us to the point that you just can't get much better flavor now. What do you think?

How are you finding your Serpent these days? I almost bought one last week but backed off since people were complaining about it leaking when top-filled. In the meantime I bought a UD Bellus. I know, I know, I'm a late adapter :) Just tired of buying crap hardware. It makes me feel ill when I see the number of crap cloned atomizers I have just sitting in the drawer collecting dust.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
I did start having issues with leaking about a week after I bought it but then, I figured out the problem. I was using too little cotton, which is fine for all the other RTAs I've used but not for the Serpent. I started using much more cotton than I'd normally like and it has been perfect since; I don't even close off the juice channels before filling now. The only problem is that it doesn't work with my vaporflask :'( I guess it has something to do with the pin on the Serpent, because my other tanks are working fine with the flask. I tried loosening the pin but it just gets pushed back up once I screw it down. It works great with the IPV mini and the Evic, though

Hahah, better late than never. Did it meet your expectations though? I think that it's too finicky and single coils don't go well with it at all; the airflow gets TOO restrictive.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Hahah, better late than never. Did it meet your expectations though? I think that it's too finicky and single coils don't go well with it at all; the airflow gets TOO restrictive.

You have the Bellus? Its on the way from China now. I don't mind that its a bit restrictive, I normally only vape at about 15-20 watts. I guess if I have to do dual coils then that’s okay. Thanks!

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
You have the Bellus? Its on the way from China now. I don't mind that its a bit restrictive, I normally only vape at about 15-20 watts. I guess if I have to do dual coils then that’s okay. Thanks!

Yes I have the bellus, used it for about a month then had enough. I remember you used to build only dual coils once so I guess you'll have a different experience with it. For me, IMO, dual coils are a pain that aren't really worth it

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yes I have the bellus, used it for about a month then had enough. I remember you used to build only dual coils once so I guess you'll have a different experience with it. For me, IMO, dual coils are a pain that aren't really worth it

I've just been going through the Bellus thread here on ECF and the overall opinion is quite positive. While I understand it has quite a restricted draw in single coil mode, I normally don't like subtanks for the opposite reason. I just need those big juice wells for high VG. In the winter all my MTL atomizers don't work well. I don't want to chuck big clouds and if the air draw is too much it gives me a headache. Hopefully it will work for me. If not I'll buy the Serpent I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread