• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

New England Vapers, where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
So let's get some discussion going around here. What kind of vaper are you? I recently started vaping a couple of months ago when I bought my first mod, it was an Ego One that I had for less than a day. My friend bought it from me & I went back to the shop to purchase my next mod which was a TC device, I still have it & love it. I stuck with TC learning how to build my own Ni200 coils within the first week then I started dripping the next week. Worrying about one device failing & wanting more power I bought a Snow Wolf 200.

After dripping & falling in love with it I bought my first Reo. As I was considering purchasing one from the classies I noticed Rob was in Maine so I bought a new one instead to support a local guy. Then I bought a Kangxin squonker from a group buy, a Kato with a Fountain V2 squonk atty, then I traded my Snow Wolf that I bought for another Reo. Now I have two Reo's, the Kangxin squonker, the Kato, 5 bottom fed atty's & an Xvo clone for a side by side mod. I also just bought a Cam-M to add a dual 18650 squonker to the family. I am officially a bottom feeder now, my tanks sit around gathering dust, the taste just doesn't compare for me. I'm mostly a mech guy now but still see some advantage in TC so I bought some Ti wire to build with for the Kangxin, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm running the Kangxin like I run all my builds now on Kanthal 26awg at .45, it's the perfect vape for me.

It's only been a few months but I love this hobby & have zero desire to ever smoke a stinkie again. ECF is a slippery slope but I'm glad I found you guys :thumbs:

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Sounds like you dove in headfirst Mr. Fishwater

My vapegear
YiHi chips, Uwell Crown tanks .25Ω & Tobeco Velocity .35Ω
I like 80W from first hit to the last so that SX M gets no more love

Mrs. Mowgli's content with a Provari cooking a Nautilus
Mowgli = ~20ml/day & Mrs. = 1.5ml/day so my DIY = $550+ cheaper per month than smoking :banana:

12184256_1702754276622062_8719076593092600142_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: fishwater

Liskrig

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2015
MA, USA
Western Massachusetts here!

I usually go to Worcester Vapor (still about 45 mins east)... They have a lot of great premium flavors, and some really good prices for a B&M. Bought both my Sigili 150w and Sigeli 150w TC devices there for what would have been the same online with shipping. Friendly staff too, build bar, and a lot of room.

They don't allow tasting flavors because Massachusetts is ignorant and we have some of the highest taxes on tobacco in the US (NY is top)[1].

[1] SOURCE

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Attn NE Vapers:
3/18/16: Vape Northeast! At Foxwoods.
Cant wait. My wife and i have our tix already
Groupon has a deal for the 3-day pass. otherwise its like $16 for 1-day.
im expecting lots of free juice and swag, like the Springfield vape fest a couple years back :)
Vape North East

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
Would love to see more mod manufacturers at these shows I DIY because I never found a juice commercially that I liked so probably won't make the 2.5-3 hour drive

ive got the exact opposite problem. i tried DIY for years and couldnt make a juice as good as vendor juice. well, i made a few really simple juices that i vaped for a few months, maybe more. but in the end i just couldnt get those complex recipes down. and those are the ones that i really enjoy. care to share a recipe for a fruit or dessert vape you mix?

Reactions: Gfdeputy2

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Check out eliquid recipes dot com & get yourself a scale. I just started making my own & the scale was the easiest method to use, besides being consistent it makes clean up super quick.

I've been making amazing juices that I am so happy with that I have about 300ml's of store bought juice that I'll never use.

Reactions: Kemosabe

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
awesome. thanks for the tips. i do like custard but its gotta have something else in there like fruit to keep me interested. and yes, i totally agree... all those recipes are definitely overwhelming- i'll stick to the high rated ones.

i gotta say though, i was much more interested in DIY when I was paying $15-20 per 30ml. now that ive found Vape Wild, im paying $7.99 per 30ml for great juice. and if i buy in bulk, its $5 or less per 30ml (depending on how much i buy). and thats not much more than it would cost me to make my own, once you factor in the supplies needed like new bottles, new syringes, base ingredients, more base ingredients lol, spillage, flavors going bad and losing their flavor, and all that kind of stuff.

Gfdeputy2

Account closed on request
Sep 5, 2015
New Hampshire or New Vapeshire
@Kemosabe I do mostly fruit / mixed fruit recipes but will send some your way when I get home. They are not that complex which I this is why I like them better because I am simple
most commercial Juices for me there is so much going on with the flavors I never get a taste of anything there is a hint of this favor a hint of that flavor but most of the ones I have tried have a very floral taste to me

fishwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2015
New Hampshire
Another thing to note is that most commercial juices are extremely sweet (which I prefer) but also tends to mute individual flavor's. When you mix your own you control the sweetness which allows more of the flavor to come through, adding marshmallow is an easy trick to boost the sweetness without going overboard.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
@Kemosabe I do mostly fruit / mixed fruit recipes but will send some your way when I get home. They are not that complex which I this is why I like them better because I am simple
most commercial Juices for me there is so much going on with the flavors I never get a taste of anything there is a hint of this favor a hint of that flavor but most of the ones I have tried have a very floral taste to me

awesome. thanks.
im familiar with that floral taste- i hate it too. luckily i havent ran into that in quite some time.

Another thing to note is that most commercial juices are extremely sweet (which I prefer) but also tends to mute individual flavor's. When you mix your own you control the sweetness which allows more of the flavor to come through, adding marshmallow is an easy trick to boost the sweetness without going overboard.

right on. ive used cotton candy in place of marshmallow for the same effect you describe. i can see how either would just basically add some sweetness without influencing the flavor much. i think i overloaded myself when i first found out about additives. drop of vinegar, lemon juice, LorAnn's tart-n-sour, various sweeteners, bitter wizard, saline, the list goes on seemingly forever and it really threw my for a loop. got so frustrated becasue id mix a juice exactly to recipe, it would smell amazing, but then when i vapes it it would be harsh, dry, and just overall unpleasant. well, just not as pleasant i should say. not a "rounded out" vape, if that makes sense.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
very true. maybe i didnt wait long enough. but after 2 months, i was done waiting. if a juice wont taste good after that amount of steep, i wouldnt want it even if it did taste good after 2+ months. thats just way too long of a steep to justify saving $2 per 30ml. i tend to think it was something other than steeping that was causing me to not enjoy the juice. but then again, what do i know....youre the one with good tasting DIY and im the one without, lol.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Anyone near Central Mass want something fun to do today?
AudioKarma (audio forum) has our local tri-annual music related "party" today in Clinton Mass.
It's not vaping related but it's in a vape friendly space.

Vendors set up tables of records & audio gear.
We usually have 5+ stereo setups in different rooms for comparison testing or just spinning tunes.
We usually have a few demonstration seminars such as how to correctly set up a turntable.
There's free food but BYOB.
There's usually no more than 50 people at a time. 11-6 and totally informal.

I'll be selling records (I better be!)
Sneakers, jeans, black hoodie, Bruins cap, surrounded by sweet smelling clouds :)

Seeya maybe - Yay - 2016 Winter FrankenFest time - Saturday February 27th

55 Sterling Street
Clinton Ma 01510

"Please spread the word to anyone and everyone in the New England area to attend - AK involvement isn't a requirement, although typically a given. All that is required is an obsessive interest in all things audio - that's our common bond."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread