Status
Not open for further replies.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Billie, is the 50mm tube with DT available on its own for the V2?? I quite like the idea of getting the slim tube but with only the 45mm it will be a bit tight...or not?!?!
Yes, it is available along with all the other upper bodies on the drop down menu on the ΣΟΦΙΑ's page :)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Yes, it is available along with all the other upper bodies on the drop down menu on the ΣΟΦΙΑ's page :)

Thanks buddy!
A couple more questions if that's ok..

Is the Cage V2 top cap compatible with the cage 'v1' tank? Sorry if that's a dumb question. If so, will the top caps be in stock any time soon?

Would the 45mm Slim tank work with the 35mm upper and, say a STR10 or 15 DT or is that cutting it a bit close??

sorry to be a PITA! lol!

Reactions: Billie-cig

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Thanks buddy!
A couple more questions if that's ok..

Is the Cage V2 top cap compatible with the cage 'v1' tank? Sorry if that's a dumb question. If so, will the top caps be in stock any time soon?

Would the 45mm Slim tank work with the 35mm upper and, say a STR10 or 15 DT or is that cutting it a bit close??

sorry to be a PITA! lol!
No problem at all! :)
Yes the v2 top cap is compatible with the original Cage tank. We have a lot to do before getting there so we will propably have stock early January.
The 35mm ΣΟΦΙΑ with a STR10 would sit flush in the 45mm Slim tank, so there would be no drip tip protruding form the top. With the STR15 it would be like having a STR5 on top. Not very comfortable:D
With a STR20 though, it would look like a STR10 coming out of the tank

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
@Billie-cig

I thought I would give you some feedback on the Sophia V2

I have had it a while but I am afraid I am too much of a klutz to set it up properly. When I get the SS coil right...it is a lovely vape and performs brilliantly but my setup leaves a lot to be desired and so I have reverted to the v1.

It is definitely user error and I will come back to it at a later stage but right now I can set up the v1 in a snap of the fingers (not quite) but you know what I mean whereas I am all thumbs and messy with the V2.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
@Billie-cig

I thought I would give you some feedback on the Sophia V2

I have had it a while but I am afraid I am too much of a klutz to set it up properly. When I get the SS coil right...it is a lovely vape and performs brilliantly but my setup leaves a lot to be desired and so I have reverted to the v1.

It is definitely user error and I will come back to it at a later stage but right now I can set up the v1 in a snap of the fingers (not quite) but you know what I mean whereas I am all thumbs and messy with the V2.
Did you try with any other type of wire? I am using a 12 coil Ni200 resistance with TP which I haven't changed in mine to see how much it can hold and it has been about three moths now, changed wick numerous times and it is still like new. I don't know why it would be so hard but I will make an SS build on another ΣΟΦΙΑ and look what could go wrong. I can't think of a way that setting up a coil could get any easier than the present setup :(

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Did you try with any other type of wire? I am using a 12 coil Ni200 resistance with TP which I haven't changed in mine to see how much it can hold and it has been about three moths now, changed wick numerous times and it is still like new. I don't know why it would be so hard but I will make an SS build on another ΣΟΦΙΑ and look what could go wrong. I can't think of a way that setting up a coil could get any easier than the present setup :(

I can use kanthal and ni quite easily but wanted to stay with the SS. Every time I change the wick (rayon) I basically had to mess with the coil. It seemed to twist on the deck and I was getting weird readings or it was touching the sides. I am sure it's just me. :(

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
for me, the twisting as you screw the thing together is the biggest problem as it makes it really hard to align the coil with the wick slots. I just screw it up, and the futz with it until everything lines up and it seems to work. At least as far as the coil alignemnet goes. Biggest prob for me is wicking it but Im sure I will figure that out soon. Running Ti in Tc mode and getting some decent vapor but its topping out at 5W'ish so its hitting TP really hard very quickly..Bizarre and it might be the AF to some extent, bt more likely that Im not getting enough juice to the coil. Anyway, good for battery life and I know there is a lot of room for me to improve my build!!!!

ps. the biggest prob for me is trying to unscrew the damn tank top and bottom caps.....so crazily tight and it isnt improving..:(

Reactions: Krisma

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
for me, the twisting as you screw the thing together is the biggest problem as it makes it really hard to align the coil with the wick slots. I just screw it up, and the futz with it until everything lines up and it seems to work. At least as far as the coil alignemnet goes. Biggest prob for me is wicking it but Im sure I will figure that out soon. Running Ti in Tc mode and getting some decent vapor but its topping out at 5W'ish so its hitting TP really hard very quickly..Bizarre and it might be the AF to some extent, bt more likely that Im not getting enough juice to the coil. Anyway, good for battery life and I know there is a lot of room for me to improve my build!!!!

ps. the biggest prob for me is trying to unscrew the damn tank top and bottom caps.....so crazily tight and it isnt improving..:(
I will make a video as detailed as possible with tha tank as well. If I miss anything when it is out, let me know and I will add it

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I will make a video as detailed as possible with tha tank as well. If I miss anything when it is out, let me know and I will add it
Excellent!! As I said, overall, its working well for me but a bit of extra tuition from The Maker is always a great thing!!

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
I have been out of the game for a while but just got back in and now feel that on top of the 4 v1 Sophias that I have, I am now going to need to purchase a v2 Sophia :). Can the v2 be bought with the long upper body with smooth rounded top or does it have to be purchase separately? I would love to simply purchase it as a whole without the original body it comes with if possible. I have a few other things I'm going to need to purchase as well. Also, I have one of the original cage tanks from when they first came out. Is there taller glass bodies for the original cage tank to hold more juice? I just set up one of my officers with a Provari/By Leo set up and he is loving it!!!

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
I have been out of the game for a while but just got back in and now feel that on top of the 4 v1 Sophias that I have, I am now going to need to purchase a v2 Sophia :). Can the v2 be bought with the long upper body with smooth rounded top or does it have to be purchase separately? I would love to simply purchase it as a whole without the original body it comes with if possible. I have a few other things I'm going to need to purchase as well. Also, I have one of the original cage tanks from when they first came out. Is there taller glass bodies for the original cage tank to hold more juice? I just set up one of my officers with a Provari/By Leo set up and he is loving it!!!
Welcome back! :)
You can choose whichever upper body you want, including the long upper body with the integrated drip tip, from the drop down menu on the right, in the ΣΟΦΙΑ v2 page.
The Cage comes only in the 35mm setup.

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu
Awesome!!! Thank you so very much Billie, I greatly appreciate it. What kind of wire is recommended for the new V2 Sophia for making the coils? Right now I use Kanthal ready wire 1.5ohm and 1.7ohm, that's just what I have and they are premade.
You can use any kind of wire you want. You can even use the premade wires on it ( because cutting the non resistance wire will propably leave you with a very short resistance wire to work with ) :)

Reactions: Bella Chic

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
There is a lot to read here, I want to make sure I understand this right.

I have a tank I would like to use the Sophia V2 in that takes 45mm cartomizers. If I get the 45mm version I can use my current drip tip, the 50mm version has a built in drip tip?
Sounds right!

Reactions: Billie-cig
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread