Busted 510 Insulator, solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adjustable Airflow

Nov 24, 2015
So I dun goofed after receiving my Infinite stingray x in the mail today, and in attempting to swap out the contact pin in the 510 cap, He-Manned it stubbornly. Got the stock pin out, and placed my preferred pin in. Realizing I must have deformed the inner ring to some extent (the pin had some wobble to it), I was in the process of again prying it out none too gently (how do you get that thing out anyway?) to try out the stock pin for size when the thin inner section of the insulator cracked and came clean off. Yeah, it was stupid, and just about the only aspect of maintenance I never really bothered to look up much.

So given the essentially non-existent state of a parts market for mech clones, particularly one that isn't much of an "upgradable" piece, how best could I get my 510 back in working order? I could try purchasing a fasttech clone and wait forever for it to arrive and hope the top cap is to my liking. And I'm not against that approach. However, I'm looking right now for any sources for a suitable replacement, or failing that some ideas for a **safe** (special emphasis) DIY insulator that would securely fit and function in my mod, and beyond all, insulate. Advice of any kind appreciated. In the meantime, I guess I'll be running this mod with my hybrid-safe atty's.

As an aside, I've always hated when first time posters to any forum start out this way, but eh, I tend not to join anything unless I have a need to do so. Thanks for reading folks.
Mechanical Genius.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread