Travel to Kuwait with E-Cigs, is it legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

failedscout

Nov 24, 2015
I am traveling to Kuwait in a week or so and wondering if I will have any issues bringing my e-cig and juice into the country. I don't want to take in anything that is even slightly an issue, so anyone that knows current laws, your input would sure be appreciated.

In case it matters, I would be bringing an Aspire Pegasus setup and a 50ml bottle of juice, 80/20 blend, tobacco flavor, 18mg nicotine. A blend from a local store with a label showing the mix.

I am pretty sure that I will have to go through customs in Frankfort Germany coming from Kuwait. Any issues there? Will I be able to Vape in the Frankfort airport?

I know that I am new here but I am new to vaping (2 weeks and am totally hooked and 100% cigarette free for as long after 35 years of smoking a pack a day) and I am still finding my feet in the vaping world so I haven't contributed yet but please let me know if you have any advice on traveling with E-cigs.

Thanks

Greenfeet

Nov 21, 2015
Cherry Hill NJ, USA
Welcome, and congrats on quitting the tobacco and switching to the vape. I'm new here too, only vaping 3 months but this forum has a huge amount of information and the folks here are extremely nice.

I've spent way too much time in Kuwait over the years, my last trip there was over 8 years ago so my experience there is slightly dated. However, friends who still travel there regularly say not much has changed from my time there.

Is this your first trip to Kuwait and/or the ME?

Expect your luggage and person to be very carefully searched coming into the country at customs, and also (possibly) at the hotel if you're staying at one. Yes, some hotels will search your luggage at the hotel, including X-ray scans. I got into a heated debate with a hotel security guy in KC who found a bottle of Egyptian Rose water in my luggage and thought it was "whiskey!".

It sounds like ecigs are completely banned in Kuwait, along with many other places in the ME. It's bizarre, since Kuwaitis smoke like chimneys starting very young, but there it is:

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/lif...-Arab-countries-rethink-e-cigarette-ban-.html

Good luck!

failedscout

Nov 24, 2015
Hmmmmm... for some reason the site doesn't like the link I'm posting. Well, here is the same info from FedEx. Importing ecigarettes is banned in Kuwait: Kuwait Country Snapshot

Kuwait Country Snapshot
Thank you for the reply and informative links. I guess I won't be bringing any Vape stuff with me to Kuwait.

It really sucks because Having just put down cigarettes a few weeks ago, I am not ready to put down the vape yet so I guess I will be back to cigarettes for a while.

I've been to UAE and Saudi both a few times and I know how customs can be so that is why I wanted to be sure. I remember a Saudi security guy giving me a hard time about a tire gauge and telling me that it couldn't go on the plane. I didn't care and told him to keep it or throw it out, I was just happy to be leaving. Well he just kept trying to provoke a better reaction out of me and told me the gauge can't fly in 20 different ways. I just kept smiling and saying OK, keep it, throw it away. I don't care. lol

I always say that the last place I want to be is in a hospital in the Middle East but I guess being in a Middle East Jail for an e-cig would be even worse.

Reactions: Ramsay Bolton

earl_silver

Apr 12, 2013
Kuwait/ Philippines
Thank you for the reply and informative links. I guess I won't be bringing any Vape stuff with me to Kuwait.

It really sucks because Having just put down cigarettes a few weeks ago, I am not ready to put down the vape yet so I guess I will be back to cigarettes for a while.

I've been to UAE and Saudi both a few times and I know how customs can be so that is why I wanted to be sure. I remember a Saudi security guy giving me a hard time about a tire gauge and telling me that it couldn't go on the plane. I didn't care and told him to keep it or throw it out, I was just happy to be leaving. Well he just kept trying to provoke a better reaction out of me and told me the gauge can't fly in 20 different ways. I just kept smiling and saying OK, keep it, throw it away. I don't care. lol

I always say that the last place I want to be is in a hospital in the Middle East but I guess being in a Middle East Jail for an e-cig would be even worse.

have you travelled already? there is no problem brining in vape stuff in kuwait as long as it is only for personal use.

Reactions: makoy21

failedscout

Nov 24, 2015
have you travelled already? there is no problem brining in vape stuff in kuwait as long as it is only for personal use.

Yes, there and back already. I played it safe and left my vape at home and went back to Marlboro Lights while I was there. The transition back to cigarettes was more difficult than the transition back to vape when I got home. I sure did miss it.

Next Question: Italy, Germany, Jordan and Israel... Anyone know the laws about bringing Vape to these places?

Reactions: LaraC

Anna Williams

Moved On
Apr 7, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread