Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Ok, since our support group (at work) updated MS Internet Explorer from version 8 to version 11 I cannot access ECF.

I would rather not have to call the support desk to ask them why I cannot access a non-business related website so I thought I might ask here if this is a unique problem or if maybe there is a quick fix.

Keep in mind that all of the other forums I visit work fine so I have no reason to belive ECF is being blocked by the company, though I do have restricted privileges on my company computer (limited ability to change settings, can't add or remove software, etc)

Thanks.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
At home now, so I can't tell you exactly what it says, but after trying to connect for a bit the browser window says that it can't display the page. It's not the same message that we get for a restricted site, it appears to be a browser message from MS.

I did try another forum using the same software as ECF and got the same result, but the old forums I visit that are still running vBulletin are still accessible.

I'm guessing that it is something on my end.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Most likely the Java helper plugin. I fired up IE11 and the site wouldn't load until I approved the java helper addon. If they've blocked addons from being used, you'll be out of luck with IE11.

You nailed it.

My support group just pushed an unsolicited (by me) Java update and everything works fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread