Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
No child left behind... It ties the hand of the teachers who actually care and forces them to pass student who refuse to try.

Yep, it does. When I was in school (or even when my son was in school, circa 1994-2006), if you didn't learn what the rest of the class did, you failed and repeated a grade (or the class you failed). Those who don't learn NEED to be left behind until they do.

Andria

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I you put high proof alcohol in a tank and chain vape it... Boom! There had to be something combustible in the tank. It's the only thing damaged and I don't see any signs the battery vented. Also call BS on the neck injuries. No way.

I agree this didn't happen as presented but will say in my theory he use a .2 ohm coil and maybe the wrong battery (no matter what wrong battery, none are set to fire .2), it didn't fire or got hot, he looked at the bottom and it blew in his face. The force and natural instinct to jerk away caused the neck damage, think whiplash I seem to remember years ago about head bangers causing injury to themselves. Either way the battery wasn't too high amps, it was actually too low.

danjaman

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
bristol, england.
I agree this didn't happen as presented but will say in my theory he use a .2 ohm coil and maybe the wrong battery (no matter what wrong battery, none are set to fire .2), it didn't fire or got hot, he looked at the bottom and it blew in his face. The force and natural instinct to jerk away caused the neck damage, think whiplash I seem to remember years ago about head bangers causing injury to themselves. Either way the battery wasn't too high amps, it was actually too low.
30amp batteries do exist you know?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kenna

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
30amp batteries do exist you know?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

I know, but trust me not with the rigs we see going boom, lol. That and I haven't seen anything to help me trust to push a 18xxx series battery to 30 amps, each man. has had issues and I'm just not sure it's good to go that far with them, I'll stay below 20 amps myself (.25 to .3)

Last edited:

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
I know, but trust me not with the rigs we see going boom, lol. That and I haven't seen anything to help me trust to push a 18xxx series battery to 30 amps, each man. has had issues and I'm just not sure it's good to go that far with them, I'll stay below 20 amps myself (.25 to .3)
No thanks, I would rather trust the facts....when and if they are finally revealed

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
No thanks, I would rather trust the facts....when and if they are finally revealed

Just like any other incident, there will be no facts. There will only be emotional out cry from family and friends, how this poor guy did nothing wrong and an evil mod tried to kill him. People make mistakes, it happens and if it got him hurt, I truly do feel bad for him. The thing is though, I have yet to see one incident where the injured party manned up and said, you know what guys I f'd up. I have never seen one follow up to any story like this that says if the mod was real or clone, what battery they used, a rebuttal by the seller, or any real details. I have seen more in depth coverage of a lost dog finding its way back home than with these stories. I'd love to see the facts too but it isn't going to happen, it isn't about facts, it's about agendas and shock news.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
^^^
nailed+it.jpg

Rabbit Slayer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2015
Scottsdale, AZ
Just like any other incident, there will be no facts. There will only be emotional out cry from family and friends, how this poor guy did nothing wrong and an evil mod tried to kill him. People make mistakes, it happens and if it got him hurt, I truly do feel bad for him. The thing is though, I have yet to see one incident where the injured party manned up and said, you know what guys I f'd up. I have never seen one follow up to any story like this that says if the mod was real or clone, what battery they used, a rebuttal by the seller, or any real details. I have seen more in depth coverage of a lost dog finding its way back home than with these stories. I'd love to see the facts too but it isn't going to happen, it isn't about facts, it's about agendas and shock news.

cassa could do a CTA having people write in asking for the facts in every "e-cig explosion" story they run...it is time to hold the media accountable.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
cassa could do a CTA having people write in asking for the facts in every "e-cig explosion" story they run...it is time to hold the media accountable.

Yeah people don't lie. The IRS didn't target republican groups, Hilary didn't lie about emails, and the news has been honest about what they report. People still can't agree who killed Kennedy after decades, come on. CASSA can try to do anything but they aren't the gov. and they aren't the police. They have no power over people being honest and even if they did people still lie. The only people that know what happened are the ones who were there and I highly doubt anyone after going on tv saying one thing would ever turn around and say they lied later. We could have a vape expert prove the story is full of lies but for the right money, they can have an expert say everything is true, they do it all the time in court cases.

Only eye witnesses can give the full story and even then eye witnesses are very often wrong.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Ya know you can't hardly even get a prescription filled these days without child resistant caps on them! Can't we just make mechs with ..... resistant safeties? Heck I know how to bypass the child caps because I'm an adult. Couldn't an experienced vaper do that with ..... safeties?

Honestly then the argument would be the safeties aren't safe enough. People that are getting hurt are not taking the situation serious enough, that's why they are getting hurt. It's like your prescription, it tells you how to take it but people still take too much and get hurt. People are going to do what they are going to do, if they follow safety procedures then they are relatively safe but when they avoid them, then things can go wrong.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yep, it does. When I was in school (or even when my son was in school, circa 1994-2006), if you didn't learn what the rest of the class did, you failed and repeated a grade (or the class you failed). Those who don't learn NEED to be left behind until they do.

Andria

Andria, I had students who did one or two assignments all year, failed every quiz and test, and spent their time in my classroom standing on their heads because they had some bizarre fantasy this would cause them to lose weight for wrestling. Of course they failed. And the principal changed their grades to Ds to "make our graduation rate look good, and to graduate and get rid of them."

So there you have it from a teacher. Of course I had multiple talks with these students, their parents, the guidance counselors. But, they chose to fail. But, hey! No problem because the principal will change my grades anyway so I will graduate!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Andria, I had students who did one or two assignments all year, failed every quiz and test, and spent their time in my classroom standing on their heads because they had some bizarre fantasy this would cause them to lose weight for wrestling. Of course they failed. And the principal changed their grades to Ds to "make our graduation rate look good, and to graduate and get rid of them."

So there you have it from a teacher. Of course I had multiple talks with these students, their parents, the guidance counselors. But, they chose to fail. But, hey! No problem because the principal will change my grades anyway so I will graduate!

Did you report him to the school board? There have been some big legal cases going on here in the ATL area, about teachers changing grades and fiddling with test scores.

Andria

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Did you report him to the school board? There have been some big legal cases going on here in the ATL area, about teachers changing grades and fiddling with test scores.

Andria

I checked on the rules via the Union, and in our district the pricipal may override grades given by teachers.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I checked on the rules via the Union, and in our district the pricipal may override grades given by teachers.

Sounds like they've just built the corruption right in.

Andria

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
May be the most plausible explanation yet but the vent holes are on the bottom. Wouldn't here have been some noticable venting first? I don't have any experience with mechs and don't plan to have any.

jazon1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2012
Phoenix,AZ
who knows whats going on with this one it seems unlikely especially with the current things going on with us trying to change the grandfather date on the fda regulations but that said, it looks like the bottom cap is missing from the ecig pictured so i suppose if the battery was to explode and the bottom cap which is also the fire button was being held against the mans hand to fire it it would propel the ecig into his mouth possibly shattering the glass against his teeth if the cap/body of the device was the giving point in the venting of the battery but still seems a bit suspect to me,

it would have had to have been an extremely bad battery or extremely low ohmed coil for it to have vented in the first place, the guy must not have know what he was doing with one and likely had a miss matched battery for his set up in the first place and been totally ignorant oh how hot that mod must have been prior to it venting..finally why are some people still using mech mods with no protection in this day and age while i can agree they can be safe enough if you know what you are doing there really is no need for them anymore with all these cheep 200watt mods out there that offer protection,this is my fear with the fda ruling if the ban everything made after 2007 the streets will be covered with home made mech mods made from easy to get flashlights with no protection or venting built in and these storys will be all over the place and instead of admitting to there mistake of banning safer products they will just push the blame on vaping in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread