• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Fasttech Veterans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
The thing is Bob, George will know more, but the Clapton is surely thicker than 32, as the 32 gauge is just the central core ??

26 is the central core Terry wrapped with 32.
You won't find Clapton wire and coil building info on any calculator as far as i know.I've searched and have not found.
It's a tricky one to calculate.Any form of electricity takes the path of least resistance,if this is the case, it will be the 26g wire.
If you put "Clapton wire coil building calculator" into google there is info out there.But there are so many variations to the wires construction,nothing is set in stone.
As a starter...On a dual coil build... 5 wraps per coil on a 2.5mm bit will bring you around the .4Ω mark,using this mine came out to .38Ω
I think with this info you have to build from there,if you want to go higher or lower.

Reactions: terry w

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
26 is the central core Terry wrapped with 32.
You won't find Clapton wire and coil building info on any calculator as far as i know.I've searched and have not found.
It's a tricky one to calculate.Any form of electricity takes the path of least resistance,if this is the case, it will be the 26g wire.
If you put "Clapton wire coil building calculator" into google there is info out there.But there are so many variations to the wires construction,nothing is set in stone.
As a starter...On a dual coil build... 5 wraps per coil on a 2.5mm bit will bring you around the .4Ω mark,using this mine came out to .38Ω
I think with this info you have to build from there,if you want to go higher or lower.

Right thanks George, that clears that up :) I know when i put Bobs calculations in, it was something like one and a half wraps, and looked bloody mad hot :laugh:
I do remember your original post about 5 wraps, so that is what i will go with first. :thumb:

Reactions: Brynglas

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
The thing is Bob, George will know more, but the Clapton is surely thicker than 32, as the 32 gauge is just the central core ??
what you ordered was 26g inner with 32 wrap - and you always take the wrap figure to work out the number of wraps you need to make with the Clapton wire, I got a bit of it wrong but after looking at this Rip Tripper vid, he uses 32g wrapped around 28g 6 wraps for 1.2ohms :

so I tried getting the same figures in Steam Engine and it looks like you have to select Round Twisted/Parallel in the box next to Kanthal A1, heres the output for 32g:
Capture.PNG

Do 2 of those coils and you will get 0.6ohms

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
Ooops, i forgot to put the Dia of the coils in that one :lol:
Glad I saw this, was thinking exactly the same thing :), I normally reduce the leg length to 4mm as well, and you can alter the Heat flux wattage to show what you need to get it so the icon turns brown (warm but not hot vape), which is what I aim for.

Brynglas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2014
ΩFlint MountainΩ
It appears on UKV tonight the drilled thru' post holes on the Crius are not presenting a problem with narrower gauge temp wires.

Good to see those figures Bob,but i think they will be approximate as all wires may be constructed differently.For example Rip T wrapped his own.

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
It appears on UKV tonight the drilled thru' post holes on the Crius are not presenting a problem with narrower gauge temp wires.

Good to see those figures Bob,but i think they will be approximate as all wires may be constructed differently.For example Rip T wrapped his own.
Yes but it is a quick way to work out the closest to it, I always end up with something different even using normal simple single wraps either a bit higher or lower depending on what I am aiming for.

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK
Glad I saw this, was thinking exactly the same thing :), I normally reduce the leg length to 4mm as well, and you can alter the Heat flux wattage to show what you need to get it so the icon turns brown (warm but not hot vape), which is what I aim for.
Yes i usually go for green myself Bob, about 30 watts looks perfect for that particular build :)

Reactions: Bobw1951

Bobw1951

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
London, UK
On a duller note Bob,just reading thru' the ukv Crius topic,seems the people that have been constantly using the tank are developing leaks around the air flow control ring and the juice contol is going stiff :facepalm:
They could be having the same problem, tails too long. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread