Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob.Gee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2014
Montana
Hey all! How's it going?

This post isn't really related to reos but I figure people here have more knowledge about the cyclones.

So I currently use the afc top cap and kinda hate it. I love the deck and small size of the cyclone but hate the off centered air holes on the top cap. My small amount of ocd can't handle it..

Does it sound like a good idea to make a new top cap with a small chunk of stainless steel tubing? Basically I would try to match the inner diameter, drill some air holes and either just have a straight tube or rig some kind of cap for the drip tip.

It all sounds fine to me but I just wanted to ask other people's opinion. Maybe there is some health risk with with different grades of steel or maybe some one else has tried this?

Ps I've considered getting a standard cyclone cap and just drilling an extra hole. Just the cap would be hard to find and I could get the parts needed for next to nothing..

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Reactor? Divo? Just a thought...

(Divo, Cyclone, Reactor)
All are tiny deck, tiny chamber, tiny airhole atties. Reactor is a 3-poster.
divo-cyclone-reactor2.jpg

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I think I standard cap with the extra air hole drilled would be my best option. May just have to wait until I can buy one.

I have a few.. I just need to figure out how I'm gona sell all these since I have afc caps as well. 1 mint original another with hole enlarged and another with 2 holes stacked one on top of the other "fav".

So much going on no idea when I'll get a chance to list them and more.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Do air holes on the standard cap sit pretty low? Or is there room to enlarge the air holes with out overlapping the deck?
I originally had an early 2013 Cyclone and bored the air hole out to 5/64" and had a problem with leaking after that. The air hole is just not that far off the deck at all.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@graver is the man to chat to. He has made me top air flow silver caps. We are still experimenting with the exact airflow sizes... I'm after two different sizes... one that is equivalent to a 1,6mmm air hole and then one with 2 x 2mm equivalents for lung hitting.

I open all my Cyclone air holes to 1,6mm which is my happy zone. I don't like the AFC cap and far prefer the normal cyclone cap with the slightly enlarged hole... it doesn't affect leaking at all.

I also open my Divo and Hornets to 1,6mm.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have two 2013 Cyclones on two 2014 Woodvil's. Both were bought used with the air intakes already enlarged, one to 5/64" the other 7/64". The 7/64's is on what was my go to Woodvil that I always took out when I ran errands, with it just carried in a shirt pocket. I never had any leaking problems at all when out with it. Not even when I first got the 7/64 the same week I got my first Reo and I squonked it until I saw liquid in the air intake. I don't remember any leaking with either of them back when I used them all the time, so if either ever did it must have been rarely and not very much. Just luck at first I guess until I learned squonk management, with the 3mm RxW that soon became my standard builds in them also allowing them to drain after a squonk more efficiently maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob.Gee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread