scissors for wicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Sharp ones. I buy from Fasttech and one of the items I got was thrum scissors because they are small and sharp. I have a similar pair for cutting threads while sewing. The ones I use for sewing are fancier, more expensive, overkill for cutting wick material.
i bought sm local, but it happened that its either not sharp enough, or its too tight. i was thinking of getting a pair of surgical scissors..:)

mind providing the link for the scissors thats working for u?

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Agreed with above, nice and sharp small scissors. Nail scissors work well.

I use some larger scissors which are fine for general purposes, but are not so good for RTA wicks where a snip close to the coil is needed. For some reason the larger scissors only seem to cut cleanly close to the handle.
this must be he one @sofarsogood is talking abt.
$0.92 Precision Stainless Steel Thrum Scissors - assorted colors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

View attachment 508679

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
Reactions: macis

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
I got a pair of these from Hobby Lobby. They're small and sharp as hell! They're really good for getting into tight spaces (like when wicking an RM2 or Chalice.
78de3814e121baaeaa3d5f12a043a3f6.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Here is the skew I ordered from fasttech. $1.27 Precision Stainless Steel Thrum Scissors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I paid for the more expensive ones just in case there is a quality difference. The cost difference is trivial. I believe any order more than $20 gets free shipping. I use the free shipping option. Fasttech has all the little bits and pieces like drip tips, rubber orings, etc. I buy rda's from them too.

macis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2015
Here is the skew I ordered from fasttech. $1.27 Precision Stainless Steel Thrum Scissors at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I paid for the more expensive ones just in case there is a quality difference. The cost difference is trivial. I believe any order more than $20 gets free shipping. I use the free shipping option. Fasttech has all the little bits and pieces like drip tips, rubber orings, etc. I buy rda's from them too.
i'll order a couple more. i purchased all my wires n dry tip from them, the price is too hard to resist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread