Status
Not open for further replies.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Hi guys. Are their any clone companies which actually produce 1:1 clones? Tobeco, infinite, hcigar. I don't know many of the clone companies, but do any of them actually use 304,316...etc grade steel that is safe to vape. Wanna find out weather I want to buy an authentic plume veil, tobh, dark horse, velocity or tugboat. £100+ is too much to spend just to find out I don't actually like the atty. I hope so. Any help would be great. Thanks

CRizzo7

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2014
Wichita, Kansas, USA.
Hi guys. Are their any clone companies which actually produce 1:1 clones? Tobeco, infinite, hcigar. I don't know many of the clone companies, but do any of them actually use 304,316...etc grade steel that is safe to vape. Wanna find out weather I want to buy an authentic plume veil, tobh, dark horse, velocity or tugboat. £100+ is too much to spend just to find out I don't actually like the atty. I hope so. Any help would be great. Thanks

The majority of my clones are Tobeco, and I have nothing but good things to say about their products. I had a few infinite clones as well, those seem to be a hit or miss for me, but overall good quality. I personally stay away from hcigar. As far as materials, I couldn't tell you which company uses what. However, if you're looking for a quality clone, I'd go with Tobeco personally. I'm using the Tobeco Velocity clone on an unregulated dual 18650 series mod. Haven't had any issues in the few weeks I've had it. I realize everyone has a different vaping style flavor/airflow, but I'd highly recommend the Velocity. It's really grown on me. Good luck!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
1:1 clone is like government intelligence. It does not exist. It's a marketing gimmick.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY

I've found SXK to make great clones.

I went through a authentic phase but I'm over it now. I'm just trying to not smoke and have afew laughs along the way building RTA's.

I have authentics costing a couple hundred bucks and clones of them costing 25 that for a cool million cash I couldn't tell them apart by look and more importantly by how they vape.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Thanks CRizzo7. Damn. I thought as much. It can't be that hard to just use safe metals in your clones....
For as long as you stay away from brass, any stainless steel is safe.
I have clones from Tobeco, Infinity, Hcigar and all of them are of good quality. Of these mine three clones the only one that have "clone" feel is one from Tobeco - a bit rough threads. But time is a cure to rough threads.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Thanks guys. So in your collective opinion, sxk, infinite and tobeco use safe materials in their clones? Good. I have many cheap wotofo genuines and I just wondered weather it is worth it to spend £100 on a velocity. Ok. I don't know anything about metallurgy. Any proof that these metals are safe? Thanks again

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Thanks guys. So in your collective opinion, sxk, infinite and tobeco use safe materials in their clones? Good. I have many cheap wotofo genuines and I just wondered weather it is worth it to spend £100 on a velocity. Ok. I don't know anything about metallurgy. Any proof that these metals are safe? Thanks again

The metals used aren't expensive or difficult to obtain.
In fact there's nothing really special about the materials used in the authentics.
90% of the stock metals used in this gear are from China anyway.

The value in authentics isn't in the materials, and in many instances lies only in the authenticity and collectibility of the items.

In other words, you don't really need to stress over the "quality" of the metal used to make a mod or atty.
It's really not relevant in this application.

You should be more concerned with your resistance wire.
;)

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Aw man now i'll get worried about my wire. No, thanks very much. So as long as the company is someone like tobeco, I have nothing to worry about. Cheers Bad Ninja. Ok, I want loads, too many to mention. I always get authentic regulated devices, just to make sure that my electrics are in order. Is that a needless worry iyo?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Aw man now i'll get worried about my wire. No, thanks very much. So as long as the company is someone like tobeco, I have nothing to worry about. Cheers Bad Ninja. Ok, I want loads, too many to mention. I always get authentic regulated devices, just to make sure that my electrics are in order. Is that a needless worry iyo?

I agree.
It's best to buy authentic regulated devices if no other reason than warranty and customer support.
Chips will eventually fail and it's good to have some sort of reference/ support on any non user serviceable device.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Great. Cheers. One last question; In your words 'chips will eventually fail' do you take the same steps in running your regs as you do your mechs. So you have an idea on your batterys voltage as opposed to just vaping all day till I can't get any more out of the battery. Also, if theirs a teeny, tiny nick on my battery I will still use it on a reg. Bad idea?

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
I just wondered weather it is worth it to spend £100 on a velocity.

Velocity is actually the first and only clone I've ever bought; I actually tried to buy authentic, but it really irritates me when companies can't keep up stock when people are literally trying to throw money at them...

Anyways, the clone is definitely a good atomizer, I don't imagine the real thing is too much better.

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
Great. Cheers. One last question; In your words 'chips will eventually fail' do you take the same steps in running your regs as you do your mechs. So you have an idea on your batterys voltage as opposed to just vaping all day till I can't get any more out of the battery. Also, if theirs a teeny, tiny nick on my battery I will still use it on a reg. Bad idea?

Most regs nowadays are pretty good about keeping both you and themselves safe. Just pay attention to what the display says - if the voltage/power seems off, if the resistance is fluctuating, etc., stop and check it out.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country

Chips WILL all eventually fail.
That's a fact. In everything from computers to ECigs.

Mechs are metal battery tubes with spring or magnetic switches. There isnt anything to fail.

I don't have any regulated mods.

As far as battery wrap damage, I only use damaged ( wrapper) batteries in mods that have plastic battery sleds and no metal areas that can touch the battery.

I recommend re wrapping any battery that has wrapper damage, and not using it until repaired.
Wraps are super cheap and easy to do.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
I like Hcigar, I talk to one of the guys there a lot, I met him through FB. I've actually been able to get in on somethings before mass release at an extremely good price. I know they're a Chinese company but from a lot that I have seen and heard, they are really about to change their game. They have quite a few things they are about to drop that is of their own design and by the way that make some of the authentic stuff as the contracted supplier. Some clone stuff is good some is bad and some can be better than the original, depends on price point.

papergoblin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
alabama
Chips WILL all eventually fail.
That's a fact. In everything from computers to ECigs.

Mechs are metal battery tubes with spring or magnetic switches. There isnt anything to fail.

I don't have any regulated mods.

As far as battery wrap damage, I only use damaged ( wrapper) batteries in mods that have plastic battery sleds and no metal areas that can touch the battery.

I recommend re wrapping any battery that has wrapper damage, and not using it until repaired.
Wraps are super cheap and easy to do.

At the very least wrap it in quality electrical tape, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread