Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Happy Thanksgiving guys and good afternoon!
I had to pick up a night shift job in slave labor lol I'm starting tonight. It's only temporary, I just need to pull in something, anything at this point. They made it absolutely clear that they lay off everyone the day before Xmas. Val is taking the kids to SC tomorrow or Wednesday to celebrate thanksgiving with her family, but it's ok.
Isaac, I truly hope it's not so (she said majorly selfishly, as she loves it!).

Wishing the best for you on that, and every other single thing.

Hell, I'm wishing that for all of us!
Thanks KK!Your order Really helped out more than you know. In response to your email, I'm thankful for meeting you too. If we do lose IKV which we are running down that road at breakneck speeds, that is one takeaway from all of this. Befriending you guys has been the greatest accomplishment.
Good morning..ahem..afternoon all you Ikenites in Ikenvape. And to think this all started with one mans dream to make the vaping world better for all. What a guy.
Thank you J5. Thanks for taking a screenshot for me of the recent conversation. I'm still unsure why ECF will not grant me the privilege. Thank you so much your help in this.You too DP. Thanks allot. I would be willing to give it a shot for sure.
If we reach the end of this adventure, I'm still not too certain on what we can do.
Remember my old machinist I spoke to you guys about? His daughter is more than willing to help us make anything we desire. I think the only way to get IKV out of this is go back to the evolutionary board to make something special. I have a few ideas for at the least one aspect of it, but I seriously lack in other cornerstones to make a successful attempt. Maybe we should conference email?

Good evening (I said that really, really slow and with deep voice) my friends.

I just had to add to 5s comment by saying that I think his dream came true in a much bigger way than he can imagine. I KNOW he made the vaping world better for a lot more people than he'll ever know. Isaac touched, helped and saved so many. Like me! It is so, so sad if that dream cannot continue. There's gotta be something that can be done. I really think he's gonna come up with something. Wacha got up your sleeves isaac?
Thank you so much Pizza! I'm really glad that we were able to make a difference at least in some form :laugh:
Honestly, I got nothin. I managed to save around a grand, by avoiding every other bill :D but had no idea what to do with it. I wouldn't even know where to begin at this point.

Morning Ikenville :)

Cat, for as much as I fuss, I know you all know that Katie is like my 2nd Mom...and is very much loved. I've never experienced being around someone with dementia, so she and I are learning and going thru the frustrations together. Her stage is mild but advancing into the low end of moderate. Every elder deserves to have someone to watch over them and keep them safe :wub:
Hey Miss D!
This might sound a little of, but try Vitamin B12. My Grandfather started going through it and he was getting pretty forgetful. Awfully forgetful. I suggested B12 and in under a week he bounced back to being quick as a fox. It held him over for the next 4 years. The passed few months however, I believe he has achieved an immunity to it because he is starting to descend very slowly.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
(((Isaac))) I am at a loss for words except to say that you and Val are loved...so very much :wub:

I'll give the B12 a go with Katie! I already take it :)
Hey now, life happens is all. Change is inevitable, sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better. Change is the only constant. :)
Good call!,I sincerely hope it agrees with her as it did with my grandfather.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Remember my old machinist I spoke to you guys about? His daughter is more than willing to help us make anything we desire. I think the only way to get IKV out of this is go back to the evolutionary board to make something special. I have a few ideas for at the least one aspect of it, but I seriously lack in other cornerstones to make a successful attempt. Maybe we should conference email?

First of all, Isaac, I want to wish you good luck with this short spin. I hope it helps, and I'm really sorry you won't get to enjoy Thanksgiving with your family.

If you need an ear on that day, I won't be doing a dang thing come 'round 3pm (maybe even earlier).

I, for one, am VERY interested in hearing your ideas. Any medium will do (group email, singular, phone, Facebook, ECF convo, or a knock on the freaking door). Mine will always open for you.

You're one of a very small group of people I've met in this industry whom I consider special to my life. Essential "meets" if you will. There are, in fact, a few here in this thread.

Point being, if there's something to be done, it warrants discussion. You speak, I'll listen. That's a promise.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Isaac...... oh Isaac.

Right now, as much as I'd like to engage every positive bone in my body, I feel depleted. Prolly along with every other outright FAN here, I am just too saddened to think of .... can't even say it.

I'm certainly glad that you got a slave labor position to help bring in some denaro. Does this mean that you'll be working while Val and kiddies are eating turkey?

Sweets, thank YOU for my order. I wish I could get some more...... and I may do. (ok, world.... no prezzies for anyone but me!)

I've meant every word, Isaac. This journey, MY journey, was in so many parts based on you. I was so very fortunate to find you early on. Let's take a trip down memory lane, shalst we?

I started vaping full time on January the 25, 2011. Those first few months, I had NO KLUE what to buy, and was absorbed by YouTube videos and ECF threads, in order to learn as much as I could. I think I knew how to debridge an atty by week 3. ;)

By April, I had heard the hullabaloo of your "GOODNESS" and decided your attIEs and cartos should be in my arsenal. (By the way, I had no clue we called it an arsenal back in those days.)

By June, I discovered the lusciousness of your flagship liquid and ordered myself some massive 20ml bottle of the PG RY4.

Ummm......... YUMMM. It truly was the first vliquid I could taste-taste, and the one that kept me interested and coming back for more. All the others I had tried were "meh", but I vaped them just the same, and blamed their non-goodness with vapor's tongue.

The rest, from then til now, is herstory.

I did not ever expect that you and I would become friendly or Friends! And I can tell you the day it happened. There was a VaperCon or a VaperFest or a VaperSomethingOrOther, and Wharfy attended. I had asked him if he wouldn't mind getting me some RY4 from you while he was there. He and I chatted briefly, and somehow, you and I said hello.

Welp, you had me at HELLOOOOO!

And you are right... so right. No matter the events that transpire, we all get to takeaway some most AMAZING connections and friendships, and tho I have tears in my eyes over this, some are tears of joy.

If you would like to include me on any conference email, call, FB, ECF (as DPL, the magnificent, suggested), I would be honoured, and then some. Meanwhile, I do hope we can use this medium, this thread, if that's ok with you. If we need to take it private, I'm on board.

And a quick note to you, Ms. Bovinade......I'm very familiar (sadly) with the progression of dimentia. If you need anything.... (Vit B12 sounds like a marvelous idea)

My love to you all. My incredible THANKS to you all. How appropriate.

Happy THANKSgiving, IKV'ers and 'ettes. :wub:

Last edited:

catcat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
WA
Geeze, There are people here I've met from the very beginning of my intro to the "forum". I love this little thread and everyone in it.:wub:

Morning Ikenville :)

Cat, for as much as I fuss, I know you all know that Katie is like my 2nd Mom...and is very much loved. I've never experienced being around someone with dementia, so she and I are learning and going thru the frustrations together. Her stage is mild but advancing into the low end of moderate. Every elder deserves to have someone to watch over them and keep them safe :wub:

I agree Bovi and I actually enjoy reading your Katie stories.:) My Mom is getting forgetful, too. I love her so much and I'm going to turn her on to the B12 and see if it helps her. Thanks Isaac:).

Cat it's always fun watching the game with you. And my phone worked this time too.
I want a 1996 Cadillac Eldorado for my next car. I like having some pig iron between me and the road. I love that yr.

Wow!! I can see you in that car J!!;)
I'm excited. I finally broke down and ordered a new TV for my living room. It's coming tomorrow.:banana:

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Thanks for the support/understanding the steps and stages of dementia. The biggest issue with the B12 will be getting Katie to take it...she already fusses about the meds she has to take now. In the past month I've had to start filling her weekly pill organizer, as she isn't able to focus on the task. She has no clue that she would not be able to live here alone, but I push her to be as independent as possible.

Right now she is fuming over her co pays for her ER trip a month or so ago. She's wicked ...... at me for calling 911.

It goes without saying that I echo everyone's support for Isaac :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread