Luer Cap or Pierceable cap for Nic Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I use these type caps >>> Black Cone Lined Cap (18/400) - I would not use other type of caps on my nicotine storage bottles. But you may get other answers as well. ;) What size glass bottles do you plan on using? o_O I broke my 100mg nic down into 15ml glass bottles and just take 1 out at a time and make a 120ml base batch. Forgot to tell you that. :oops:

Reactions: KentA

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was trying to find out the best cap for the 100ml nic so i don't have to keep opening and letting air in the bottle to degrade the nic.
Just break it up into smaller bottles, so that you're only exposing a little bit at a time when you do open one.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was trying to find out the best cap for the 100ml nic so i don't have to keep opening and letting air in the bottle to degrade the nic.
Pierceable caps do not protect from oxygen. You take out 10 ml of liquid, 10 ml of air will to in through hole. And hole will remain in the cap. Then 2 holes. The 3 holes...
As was said, smaller bottles is a way to go.

Reactions: Dixie1954

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
I talked to kurt about this once... As said best caps are polycone caps, but it's also fine to use e.g. euro-dropper inserts, which also acts as a gasket, and has the advantage of being easilly syringe-dispensable, and is much safer if e.g. tipping over.

I don't use syringes and mix by weight, and so prefer to use polycone caps... Infact I just got an order in of bottles + caps, and of course they send me regular non-cone-lined caps! :( I mailed them about it and they just said that was what they got from their supplier as polycone caps and I got store credit for the amount. It was a fellow EU vendor from UK, so I didn't have to pay double or tripple the price for bottles+caps because of vat, customs and whatnot, but I guess I have to resort to that now(order from US)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread