New Review of Cthulhu V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormjib

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2014
California
I have been using this tank for the last month or so, relentlessly. I've found a few plusses and minuses. Overall, it's a very good tank with great options for building and wicking. The two decks, single coil and velocity style, both work very well. It's a bit of a pain to topfill, because the juice control ring is hard to turn with the tank on the mod...taking the tank off greatly helps with this. The airflow is ample, more than enough. The flavor is great, owing to the bottom flow design. All in all, I'd say it's an excellent tank, it's the one I use everyday, all day.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
I was extremely excited for the V2 after being both impressed and disappointed in the V1. While I do think it is way better than the V1, it still takes second place to the Billow V2 and now the Billow V2 nano. JMHO

This all falls to the wicking of the Cthulhu, until you get it right, this tank is a nightmare. And yes, they still screwed up the top fill.

EarnestAccord

Dec 18, 2015
I've had it for three months now. I've only ever used a Subtank Mini, and a RDA before this. IMHO this tank, in all, is real nice. Easy to build, great wide open air flow. Can really chuck clouds if you want it to. Some dry hits, maybe 2-3 a weeks, really random occurances. I've not had many struggles top filling. I loosen the tank up-off the Juice Control Ring and "righty tighty" it closed. Having clean hands and/or t-shirt dry'em and "lefty Loosey" the top cap off. Fill and reverse your order until JCR is open. It does take a bit of a maticulas routine, but I rarely struggle.
Really the only thing I am struggling with is flavor. Sweet, Fruity, Sour, spices and some of the lighter cream/milk flavors do come through, though a bit muted. Any custard, carmel, butter and Vanilla notes are missing. I DIY juice and have solid coil building skills so I've danced up and down all the options that those allow. The only two things that I can say helped were; decreasing my VG % to 50% and building 2mm spaced coils. Better, but not good. I'm curious how others are getting "great" flavor. I'm still taking respets with my Subtank Mini. My juices just burst on all levels. Maybe I'm comparing two different beasts here. I mean Raspberry Lemonade in my Cthulhu v2 is amazing. Large, cool clouds of Fresh Sweet Sour Lemon, but put a Carmel Custard in it and ..flat.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread